UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> DIFFERENCE BETWEEN K-1 ANDKK-1 MAX?

10/15/10 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
charms434
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/15/10 11:06 PM

so long time mma fan but i recently got HDNET in boston (AWESOME) anyway my k-1 experience has been relegated to choppy videos and old vhs.. <br /> so like the title says what is the difference between k-1 and k-1 max<br />also it seems they give alot of 10-10 rounds,? <br /> I was also under the assumption that it was basically muay thai but ive seen the clinch stopped by the ref a million times.. so im really confused?<br /> and was DYMAMITE k-1's mma org before dream??<br /><br />BASICALLY A BRIEF HISTORY , RULES NOTABLE EVENTS AND FIGHTERS WOULD BE GREAT, HELL EVERY1 CAN PUT THERE FAVORITE MEMORY<br /><br />PS ANY1 ELSE THINK THAT K-1 HAS THE BEST BELT OF ANY COMBAT SPORT?<br />THANKS
10/16/10 8:57 AM
IronMonkey
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K-1 to me is basically ring full contact karate rules. They don't allow any neck clinch at all now. You can't catch kicks. Knees are not really scored. K-1 and K-1 Max uses the same rules.
10/17/10 9:00 AM
Opash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K1 is open-weight. K1-MAX is under 70kg.
K1 is a kick-boxing (not Muay Thai) rule set, with roots in full-contact Karate (Seidokaikan).

Dynamite is just the name of K-1's New Year event
(usually comprising of matches under both kick-boxing and MMA rules).
10/28/10 7:04 PM
real87MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

k-1 max (and k-1 in general) is the greatest full contact combat sport on the planet.

i've been watching mma for over a decade and honest, get a little bored now. everyone is cross trained so heavily and more times than not i get stuck watching a glorified wrestling match. and the great striking displays i do get to watch are often outweighed by a card full of too much wrestling.

don't get me wrong, i love jiu jitsu. especially the practice, however, i'm just hooked on k-1 lately. the work-rate, the technique, its all great. the 2010 70kg tournament was incredible. the final of kubo vs yamato...couldn't have been better.

i watched the 2nd installment of the k-1 max -70kg this weekend and zambo vs. chahid may have been the best stand up fight i've seen all year. its so exciting. praise to HDNET for putting on k-1 and k-1 max.

so pumped for the dec 11. k-1 tournament. the first round was great. props to k-1.
11/1/10 12:14 AM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-1
12/8/10 2:15 PM
jeffstrickland
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since this question hasn't been answered:

K-1 is heavyweight international rules kickboxing (For lack of a better description)

K-1 Max is the same thing, only for the lower weightclasses.

Hope that helps.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.