UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardy: 'Losing is the worst feeling in the world'

10/17/10 9:41 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

UFC president Dana White said he was overwhelmed with a mass of loyal Dan Hardy fans asking him what's next for "The Outlaw." Hardy had an answer: "A headache," he deadpanned.

"I did envision at some point taking the fight to the floor. I just didn't envision going there on my own, like what happened."

"I got caught. That's why it's a sport. It was a good punch."

"Losing is, in my opinion, the worst feeling in the world. I'm sure in the rest of my life I'll come across worse things, but it's right up there with the worst. [The crowd support] softens the blow a little bit – pardon the pun."

"It's always nice to have that support. It's a small minority that always has something negative to say regardless of what happens, but to have 16,000 fans with that support, it makes a big difference."

"It's a learning curve. 2010 wasn't my year. I've had two losses this year, and I've only had two losses back-to-back once."

"I'll get back on the horse and keep pushing forward. I'll be back."

Read entire article...

10/17/10 9:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Hardy and hope he gets back on track soon
10/17/10 10:00 AM
Baki Stout
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He still has alot of great fights ahead of him. His style is fun to watch. I hope he trains hard and comes back stronger than ever.
10/17/10 10:11 AM
chesty_1775

he`s a tough fighter. i doubt will ever see a belt unless he`s in Strikeforce,and maybe not even then
10/17/10 10:20 AM
epwar
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's a learning curve. 2010 wasn't my year. I've had two losses this year, and I've only had two losses back-to-back once."

Hmmmmm, Hardy fights two good fighters in 2010 and gets two losses. Can't possibly be because Zuffa puffed him up big time.
10/17/10 10:33 AM
Jetster

No hate on Hardy here but Now that he has faced GSP he will be fighting the top of the division..so far including the GSP fight he is 2 loses and 0 wins and has lost both decisively...a lot of people predicted this....we will see if it keeps up
10/17/10 10:36 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 10/17/10 10:36 AM
Jetster - No hate on Hardy here but Now that he has faced GSP he will be fighting the top of the division..so far including the GSP fight he is 2 loses and 0 wins and has lost both decisively...a lot of people predicted this....we will see if it keeps up
yup, he's exactly what we expected. Over rated, and would fail badly when facing top tier fighters.

This is not a surprise at all. and waht's worse, is he lost handily at his own game. had he gotten beaten on the ground it wouldn't have been nearly as fun as it was withe a KTFO
10/17/10 11:59 AM
mugatu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think Hardy is a pretty good fighter, his brawling style is exciting but also very risky
10/17/10 12:01 PM
MirCroC0ckedMe
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy watching hardy fight.
10/17/10 1:00 PM
Bill Pharoni
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll bet it hurts much worse when you talk massive amounts of shit prior to the fight.
10/17/10 1:51 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More like losing 2 in a row after epic trash talk dealt that was backed up ZILCH.
10/17/10 1:58 PM
THP

sunderground - 
Bill Pharoni - I'll bet it hurts much worse when you talk massive amounts of shit prior to the fight.

The paycheck and fans will soften the blow.
10/17/10 2:50 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Wasa-B - More like losing 2 in a row after epic trash talk dealt that was backed up ZILCH.

For as long as you've been following the sport, I can't believe that you're still a mark
10/17/10 5:22 PM
Blazing Knees

Like to see Hardy move up and fight Leben
10/17/10 5:25 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You think he'll cut down the shit talking next fight?
10/17/10 6:28 PM
Entreri

everybody loses, he needs to talk less and train more

10/17/10 6:35 PM
SD CARTEL
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/17/10 6:35 PM
I usually root against the guy. That being said, gota love his spirit and showmanship even in defeat. I think he's one of those guys that should always be around.
10/17/10 6:37 PM
aKaBeasTTT

Edited: 10/17/10 6:50 PM
I love everything about Hardy's style<br />He's so brash and doesn't give two shits about everyone else.<br />and I'm not from the UK but I love that fucking England belongs to me song.
10/17/10 6:44 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow I'm suprised by all the hate.

If he had an american accent people here would go apeshit for his schtick.

He is an entertaining fighter, who always brings it.
He kind of reminds me of a young Phil Baroni. Not the greatest, probably wont ever own a title, but always fucking exciting, brash, entertaining and confident.
10/17/10 6:56 PM
Stu Cazzo

The fans and their support for him minutes after he lost is very impressive....

I like to see that - way to represent England -
10/17/10 7:00 PM
brahmabull81
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Hardy is just fine with his decision to "trash talk." Brock gets to say whatever he wants, its cool. God forbid anyone else try to sell a fight and just have it happen to backfire. Lets get the pitchforks and burn that fucker!!

Nobody was talking about this card, people were talking about that fight, and he sold it singlehandedly. You guys could ease up a little for that alone.
10/17/10 7:21 PM
SD CARTEL
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the problem is most people think on a real basic level.
10/17/10 7:40 PM
JustPeed
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emphatik - wow I'm suprised by all the hate.

If he had an american accent people here would go apeshit for his schtick.

He is an entertaining fighter, who always brings it.
He kind of reminds me of a young Phil Baroni. Not the greatest, probably wont ever own a title, but always fucking exciting, brash, entertaining and confident.

Truth. A lot of the dorks on this forum get their panties in a bunch because they take the trash talk serious and don't realize its to hype a fight.

Plus theres all this yank vs brit bullshit that goes on whenever the UK guys are fighting. So much bitch-assness on this forum.
10/17/10 7:47 PM
HAMMER
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a big fan but he will be back soon...He's a tough/young fighter.
10/17/10 8:08 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually like him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.