UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Beerbohm: Meth Heads Didn't Even Want Me Around

10/19/10 1:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WICKED CLINCH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lyle Beerbohm (Strikeforce 14-0 Lightweight) discusses the hard times he endured as a meth addict before he turned his life around through MMA fighting.
10/19/10 1:20 AM
ScottCamJJ

wow. What a turnaround. Good for him.
10/19/10 1:22 AM
F U Clothing

To anyone who dont know him. He is such a good person, ive known him for three years. Every time i see him he never forgets to acnowledge my wife and daughter, and they love him to. Even tho he did some dirt, and paid for it. We will always be there for him for anything he ever needs. And i know he knows it. Love you Lyle The Pedersens
10/19/10 1:36 AM
MmmWhiskey
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR FANCYPANTS!!!
10/19/10 1:44 AM
WICKED CLINCH

This film will show what an ugly drug meth is, for sure.  He is a great guy who made some really bad choices and literally fought for his life when he got out of prison.  First fight was 8 days out of Walla Walla State Penitentiary -- with a 94% recidivism rate for IV meth use, his story is really pretty miraculous.

10/19/10 1:58 AM
KrisDonahoo
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a good dude, future champ IMO.
10/19/10 4:50 AM
Lionheart80
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy! Hope he's an inspiration! Phone Post
10/19/10 9:58 AM
Vivier

TTT
10/19/10 10:03 AM
Fake Rassler

I feel that the dangers of meth are overstated. Not trying to brag here but some people (I won't say who, like I said, not trying to brag) can handle it, and when I used to have a job it just made my work better. The only bad part was wearing contacts all the time but I got some snake ones and a 8ball one like Charles Dance in last action hero, yes movie = gay but my eyes look pretty sweet, or so people used to tell me. Even kids at the HS thought I was cool when I would sell weed there, but never meth
10/19/10 10:30 AM
Vivier

^^Cool story.
10/19/10 10:38 AM
whoabro

lots of tweakers in Spokane
10/19/10 10:46 AM
Fake Rassler

Vivier - ^^Cool story.

well its not really a "story", a story would be like the time I fought nate qarry from UFC in a "friendly" sparring match at UFC 16 battle in the bayou (we didnt hit to the face)
10/19/10 10:58 AM
Taz

Cool story bro. ^^ Phone Post
10/19/10 11:01 AM
Fake Rassler

Well it sure as hell was more entertaining than that dog shit UFC event matbattle in the gayou. After nate and I were done in the closet (the utility closet were we fought, but only with body blows) I found out miletich vs saunders was done and was pissed. Then I saw the show on VHS and felt pissed off that I didnt miss it twice
10/19/10 11:13 AM
Snowguy
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty powerful that our sport has the ability to "save" people if you will as we have seen with Court and Lyle and countless others I am sure.

I know for me personally it helped to get me on the right path and away from some of the troubles I was experiencing in my life when I got started.
10/19/10 11:18 AM
Fake Rassler

^^^LOL sounds like "snowguy" is fully recovered
10/19/10 11:20 AM
ICTimer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will definitely want to check that out when it gets released - please keep the UG updated when you have a firm release date. I'm also a recovering addict - never an IV meth user (luckily) - but it's a pretty similar disease regardless of substance, and I can really relate to what he says there about that lonliness of when you hit your worst points and no one wants you around. It's hard to turn around from that point, but it shows a lot of character that he's come back so far, and I have huge respect for anyone willing to share their story with a wide audience - because you never know when your words will be the ones that inspire someone to turn their lives around.

I also appreciate Fake Rassler's posts in this thread, lmao - someone needs to bring some humor as well - though it seems suspicious that he hasn't revealed who actually won that fight in the utility closet...
10/19/10 1:43 PM
Card
1984 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/10 1:43 PM

I need more fancy pants... hopefully he's fighting soon.

10/19/10 2:21 PM
Fighters For Kids

WE ARE HUGE FANS OF HIS!!
10/19/10 2:54 PM
Mdot50
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake Rassler - ^^^LOL sounds like "snowguy" is fully recovered
what is wrong with you junkie?

10/19/10 3:45 PM
RNunberg
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/10 3:47 PM
 A bit of a longer interview about his time in prison and how he got into MMA at the 5:00 mark on this video.  Interesting dude.
 And about the origin of his fancy pants.
10/19/10 3:49 PM
RNunberg
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A bit of a longer interview about his time in prison and how he got into MMA at the 5:00 mark on this video.  Interesting dude.
 And about the origin of his fancy pants.
10/19/10 3:50 PM
Fake Rassler

Edited: 10/19/10 3:51 PM
Mdot50 - 
Fake Rassler - ^^^LOL sounds like "snowguy" is fully recovered
what is wrong with you junkie?

First of all I would classify myself as a frequent recreational hard drugs user and not a "junkie," second come on man I suck your dick! LOL jk, of course

ICTimer Nate will say that I covered up and said "ok, ok" and that means I lost, however the fact that I hit him right afterwards when he let up (protect yourself at all times) makes it clear at least to me that I was just saying "ok, ok, get ready for me to hit you again" and so I would call it a draw and I think personally that nate got SPINAL and needed nuvaser or nuvasion or whatever from some of the giant bodybombs I hit him with, of course nate will probab;ly say otherwise
10/19/10 6:11 PM
WICKED CLINCH

to the top fancy pants!
10/19/10 6:11 PM
piratepirate
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats the deal with FancyPants? Next fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.