UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Best state for Muay Thai

11/14/10 6:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bull_in_chinashop
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well I'm a level II USABoxing coach and boxing is certainly the base of my MMA striking program as Ryukyu could attest to. I think my approach is very "dutch". tons of sparring, partners drills, very aggressive combos.

That said, if you want boxing there are some good gyms nearby our 'hood as well. William Joppy teaches out of a LA Boxing. I've got a student that trains there too.

11/15/10 12:21 PM
Khun Kao
571 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/10 12:21 PM
Depends on where in NoVA you'll be specifically.

I defintely endorse Bull's suggestion to train with Matt. I used to coach with him and he's top-notch! Their gym is out in the Sterling/Dulles area. It was just too far of a trek for me to keep driving out there to coach. Matt and I used to coach together at a different gym than the one he's at now... (Fairfax Jiu Jitsu)

Now I'm coaching out of my garage in Alexandria. Very reasonable rates, small classes, lots of personal attention.
11/15/10 1:42 PM
CaptainChaos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well if I get my way I'll be working in Quantico or somewhere thereabouts, so I'm not sure where that puts me living wise. Either way, it's excellent to know there's so much quality instruction in the area, I'll be looking up all 3 of you in a year or two. Thanks!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.