UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Where is Roy?

10/20/10 8:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jasonbaldy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Roy still post here? I have not seen any posts by him in awhile. I know he is a very busy man but his peeps need him. The guy is the obiwan kenobi of the martial arts/jiu jitsu world.
11/30/10 4:06 PM
Adam LaClair
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ImposeYourWill.com, Owner
Lots of things changing/happening in the world of Roy Harris these days.  He sold his Academy, and is spending less time on the martial arts and more time on "life" in general. 

I'm sure he'll be on here at some point - but in the meantime, there are several of us that are instructors under him that may be able to help if you have specific questions (we'll do our best, anyways!)

12/4/10 12:43 PM
Jasonbaldy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Roy still even teach? I was hoping someday to meet and train with him. I've heard nothing but great things
12/5/10 1:55 AM
Adam LaClair
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ImposeYourWill.com, Owner
 Yes, he is still teaching seminars around the world, and teaching regularly at a couple academies from what I understand (just doesn't have his own school that he teaches at every day now - his students Jeff Baldwin and Alicia Anthony have taken that over).

You can still find his seminar schedule on his website. www.royharris.com
1/19/11 11:20 PM
kingabiu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just heard Roy quite teaching BJJ, not true I hope?
1/21/11 1:23 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello All,

I have been quite the busy boy. A lot has happened over the past six or seven month, more than I care to go into. Long story short, I needed a break from all that life was throwing at me. As much and as often as I told people how busy my life had become, they continued to ask for more and more. Finally, I decided I needed to disappear for awhile and take care of the things that needed to be taken care of. Unfortunately, that meant NOT responding to a bunch of phone calls and emails....but, it needed to be done.

Are the rumors true that I have stopped teaching BJJ? No.

Are the rumors true that I sold my academy? Yes. Mr. Jeff Baldwin now runs and manages the academy. He's doing a fine job of it too!

Anyway, you'll see me around here a little more often.

Gotta run. Talk with you later.

Roy

P.S. Adam, thanks for stepping in to help. I appreciate it!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.