UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White- Frank Shamrock "LIar, Two-Faced Chump.

10/20/10 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rawlow1200
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC President Dana White discusses the UFC's marketing of "the baddest man on the planet" and has some choice words for former UFC champion Frank Shamrock.
10/20/10 9:03 PM
nyhcloyalty
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really kind of shows you the difference between the interviewing styles. Ariel Helwani would not have let Dana off without getting more about Shamrock.
10/20/10 9:19 PM
HELWIG
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing that its like being back in highschool with the personal grudges in the biggest league of MMA.
10/20/10 9:20 PM
Mdot50
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nyhcloyalty - Really kind of shows you the difference between the interviewing styles. Ariel Helwani would not have let Dana off without getting more about Shamrock.

Yea would have liked to get more info on why frank flew out to his office... 
10/20/10 9:23 PM
sledhead
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The man doth protest to much
10/20/10 10:11 PM
Stu Cazzo

Awesome....

What he didn't tell you is that he flew out to suck my cock....but he used too much teeth -
10/21/10 1:13 AM
rockwell
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Dana already saying he's excited that Brock might become the greatest HW of all time!
No doubt he'll be pushing this angle more in coming years as long as Brock doesn't lose.
10/21/10 1:27 AM
JSMHP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something Frank will always have over Dana....at least he fought. Dana will never truly know what it is like to step in the ring on put it on the line Frank does. For Dana to talk shit the way he does is bullshit. Not everything he say is out of line but a lot is.

With that being said of course Dana has been huge for the sport but mma would still be gaining ground without dana. If Dana didn't have mma (and trail blazers like Frank) he would be a nobody.
10/21/10 1:33 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockwell, if Brock doesn't lose in the next couple of years can you really deny him of that? If Brock is still ripping through the heavies in two years time then surely he's gotta be up there with fedor? Phone Post
10/21/10 1:42 AM
Live in Vegas
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSMHP - Something Frank will always have over Dana....at least he fought. Dana will never truly know what it is like to step in the ring on put it on the line Frank does. For Dana to talk shit the way he does is bullshit. Not everything he say is out of line but a lot is.

With that being said of course Dana has been huge for the sport but mma would still be gaining ground without dana. If Dana didn't have mma (and trail blazers like Frank) he would be a nobody.

It's apples and oranges, and no offense, but a stupid argument in my opinion. Would Jimmy Hendrix be the best guitar teacher? Maybe, maybe not. Would Reggie Jackson be the best comissioner of MLB? Maybe, maybe not. Is Dana White the best promoter of MMA? Like him or not, clearly he's the best promoter and has done more to move MMA forward than Frank Shamrock ever has or ever will. Whether or not the man has fought has no bearing on his ability to promote.
10/21/10 1:51 AM
I Embarrass Even Myself

Dana is calling Frank a two faced liar, look in the mirror Dana. Phone Post
10/21/10 1:52 AM
rockwell
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson the Bomber - Rockwell, if Brock doesn't lose in the next couple of years can you really deny him of that? If Brock is still ripping through the heavies in two years time then surely he's gotta be up there with fedor? Phone Post

Yeah. If. And in 2 years. Dana is pre-facing it NOW!
10/21/10 2:06 AM
EckY
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Frank wasnt retired and still a free agent I have a feeling Dana would be saying the opposite and Frank would have got a contract out of that meeting.
10/21/10 2:19 AM
Rickson's Aura
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank is a phony? The guy carried UFC in the dark ages. His 5 championship matches make up one of the most memorable title runs in UFC history. There wasn't a boring fight. That championship run consisted of a classic battle of attrition, one was a come-from-behind submission in overtime, another was a one-sided revenge match, and two quick fights with one ending in submission and the other by KO-slam.

The UFC Hall of Fame means shit if you don't include Frank Shamrock. While Dana is calling a female reporter a "faggot" and is working to empower the MMA media composed of people who stroke his ego, Frank Shamrock is trying to help build Strikeforce and MMA by being a good representative in the cage or in front of a microphone.
10/21/10 2:27 AM
Stone Rolled
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana sees Frank as a threat and wants nothing to do with him business wise I think.
10/21/10 2:29 AM
onepunchJD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live in Vegas - 
JSMHP - Something Frank will always have over Dana....at least he fought. Dana will never truly know what it is like to step in the ring on put it on the line Frank does. For Dana to talk shit the way he does is bullshit. Not everything he say is out of line but a lot is.

It's apples and oranges, and no offense, but a stupid argument in my opinion. Would Jimmy Hendrix be the best guitar teacher? Maybe, maybe not. Would Reggie Jackson be the best comissioner of MLB? Maybe, maybe not. Is Dana White the best promoter of MMA? Like him or not, clearly he's the best promoter and has done more to move MMA forward than Frank Shamrock ever has or ever will. Whether or not the man has fought has no bearing on his ability to promote.

I wouldnt go so far as to say Dana has done more to move MMA foward than Frank.

Remember, its guys like Frank that are the reason Dana has the job he has now. And Frank is without a doubt one of MMA's most influential second generation pioneers.

I dont even want to get into this argument between Frank and Dana about N.Y. .. IMO, its a stupid thing to argue about.

There are things about both Frank Shamrock, and Dana White that I agree with, as well as things that I dont agree with. In that aspect, they both have alot in commen.

What I am afraid of, is Frank's historical legacy in the UFC suffering, because of stuff like this. Frank wasnt included in the so called "top 100" UFC fights.. which is bullshit. Frank, because of this, may never be in the UFC Hall Of Fame, which is bullshit.

DANA.. YOU DONT HAVE TO LIKE THE GUY. BUT PLEASE, DONT IGNORE FRANK'S CONTRIBUTION TO UFC AND MMA HISTORY!

Another example.. since Ken's legal battle with the UFC, his picture has been missing from the walls of The Ultimate Fighter T.V. show. Hmmm... coincidence!

This is WRONG!

All great UFC champions, past and present, should be respected and represented in ALL appropiate UFC productions!
10/21/10 2:34 AM
freakinguy

joe bruce - Considering Frank actually stepped in the octagon and Dana never did once, Dana cant say he did shit compared to Frank

When its comes to promoting, yeah he can. He never said he was a better fighter.
10/21/10 3:33 AM
JDSFTW

Frank is a legend and because of Dana he's not getting the respect he deserves. Guy deserves to be in the HoF without an ounce of doubt. Phone Post
10/21/10 5:06 AM
aznstar_inc

lol @ ppl saying Dana cant say shit cause he never fought. Well no one on the UG runs a fighting promotion. yet I see millions of threads ripping the UFC, strikefore, etc. Lets not mention how the fanboys on this forum have no issue ripping fighters, so the "Dana White shouldnt talk cause hes not a fighter" is bullshit.

and yes Frank is a scum bag, i dont care if he fought or not. Frank didnt even have the professionalism to call Jake Shields last fight unbiased. I half expected him to run in and hit Jake with a chair.
10/21/10 6:23 AM
Leigh
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank was awesome in the UFC but he has said and done some weird things in the last few years
10/21/10 6:30 AM
Sinead O Connors Nipples

The Ariel interview is great, love that rage.
10/21/10 9:36 AM
Dooz

I can't recall how all of this started. What begun the beef between them? Didnt Shamrock work as a commentator for a while under Zuffa?
10/21/10 9:59 AM
Leigh
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Jaws
10/21/10 10:13 AM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shamrock has always been delusional
10/21/10 10:13 AM
KahL
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.