UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My MMA Striking Observations IMHO

4/10/13 1:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Duke Roufus
351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am excited to see Uriah Hall in the UFC!
4/10/13 5:45 PM
Chris SK
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In... Phone Post
4/12/13 7:34 AM
raags
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see Uriah at Roufusport
4/12/13 8:38 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duke,

Did you happen to read Jack Slack's article about Uriah? (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1600877-tuf-finalis-urijah-hall-is-there-any-chance-that-he-is-the-next-anderson-silva)

I'm curious what you think about it and if you agree/disagree with any points.

4/12/13 8:49 AM
Subvertir
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duke Roufus - I have busy day today. I will watch the fights & discuss them with everyone.

I also want to announce that I am gonna launch the Roufus Review video blog breaking down UFC striking highlights in 2013! I have a had a lot of requests.

That would be AWESOME. Preemptively subscribed.
4/13/13 2:11 AM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subvertir - 
Duke Roufus - I have busy day today. I will watch the fights & discuss them with everyone.

I also want to announce that I am gonna launch the Roufus Review video blog breaking down UFC striking highlights in 2013! I have a had a lot of requests.

That would be AWESOME. Preemptively subscribed.

SO IN.
4/13/13 3:54 AM
BalloonBollicks
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -

Duke,

Did you happen to read Jack Slack's article about Uriah? (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1600877-tuf-finalis-urijah-hall-is-there-any-chance-that-he-is-the-next-anderson-silva)

Saying hes no Spider then comparing him to Badr Hari? Fail. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 4:04 AM
in_different
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BalloonBollicks - 
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -

Duke,

Saying hes no Spider then comparing him to Badr Hari? Fail. Phone Post 3.0

Bullshit. He said halls movement and boxing is nowhere near Silvas. which is true.

And in regards to badr hari, here is the quote
" While Hall's all around striking game is nowhere near on the level of Badr Hari or Stefan Leko, the bout between those two world class kickboxersended with an almost identical set up."
4/14/13 5:24 AM
wreckker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uriah has a long way to go

Great athlete but his striking is nowhere near silvas Phone Post
4/15/13 2:56 PM
Duke Roufus
351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot MMA media have been asking for my opinion on the The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale. 1st Congrats Gastelum, great heart & determination!

Uriah Hall has received a lot of praise for his striking. He's a very talented fighter that needs more time to develop. Striking doesn't help you in a MMA fight if you don't use it, he was not active enough with his offense. He has a lot of potential but it's a little to early to compare him to Andersen Silva. Silva is a great striker, MMA Fighter & shows up mentally on Fight night.

Back to the drawing board. I like a Hall, he just needs to work on his mental game to perform under the big lights of the UFC. I believe the hardest thing is doing it on the big stage. If he can learn to do that he will be a Star!

Great Knee & Elbow finish Cat Zingano!
4/15/13 3:49 PM
MR Combatively

Dear Duke

I know u probably been asked this ,but who do u think is the most technical with their muaythai/kickboxing and boxing all together. What I mean I the best hand and feet/leg combos ?

MR. Combatively
4/18/13 9:13 AM
Duke Roufus

MR Combatively - Dear Duke

I know u probably been asked this ,but who do u think is the most technical with their muaythai/kickboxing and boxing all together. What I mean I the best hand and feet/leg combos ?

MR. Combatively

MMA

Andersen Silva

Muay Thai

Saenchai

Kickboxing

Giorgio Petrosyan
4/18/13 10:16 AM
wreckker
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amen to that list Phone Post
4/22/13 8:48 PM
MR Combatively

Thanks Mr. Roufus!

MR. Combatively
4/22/13 10:37 PM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about boxing, Duke? Who do you think is the best now and who is your fav?
4/23/13 8:33 AM
Duke Roufus

Wasa-B - What about boxing, Duke? Who do you think is the best now and who is your fav?

Floyd Mayweather is the Best at Pure Boxing
4/25/13 10:35 PM
RowdyYates
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAN.. I wasnt who this mud namer Duke guy is!!

And since Duke is here I would just like to say WAR BELCHER!!
4/29/13 6:35 PM
Duke Roufus

RowdyYates - MAN.. I wasnt who this mud namer Duke guy is!!

And since Duke is here I would just like to say WAR BELCHER!!

Not Alan's night.
4/29/13 7:06 PM
Duke Roufus

superCalo -  Bisping, under rated? Phone Post

No, great performance.
5/20/13 11:02 AM
Duke Roufus

Wow what a Kick Vitor!
5/20/13 11:31 AM
Hikikomori

Working with Hooft has really helped Vitor. He kicked Jones hard as hell in their fight. Rashad also landed some kicks on jones. Dutch style kickboxing! Phone Post
5/22/13 1:19 AM
Wasa-B

Duke, general thoughts on the evolution of Vitor striking game?
5/22/13 1:19 AM
Wasa-B

Hikikomori -  Working with Hooft has really helped Vitor. He kicked Jones hard as hell in their fight. Rashad also landed some kicks on jones. Dutch style kickboxing! Phone Post

Hoost? At Imperial?
5/22/13 7:33 PM
Duke Roufus

Wasa-B - Duke, general thoughts on the evolution of Vitor striking game?

I love the evolution of Vitor's game. Shawn Tompkins, Ray Sefo & now Harry Hoeft have help him a lot.

I love the head kick KO"S!
5/22/13 10:50 PM
Wasa-B

Duke Roufus - 
Wasa-B - Duke, general thoughts on the evolution of Vitor striking game?

I love the evolution of Vitor's game. Shawn Tompkins, Ray Sefo & now Harry Hoeft have help him a lot.

I love the head kick KO"S!

Duke, have you read Jack Slack's stuff on here or Bleacher Report? In his opinion, Vitor is still a "brawler" and there's a lot of discussion or disagreement around that though i think its simply semantics.

IMO, he's a "flurry'er." He's still doing what he's done since day 1, not a knock or anything - he's still one of the if not most explosive or dynamic attackers in the game. I think he's just honed his with maturity. What do you think?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.