UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My MMA Striking Observations IMHO

5/28/13 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Duke Roufus
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't get to see the fights this weekend. Bummed about my man Mark Hunt getting Ko'd.

MMA Striking is evolving fast!
6/7/13 11:28 AM
Duke Roufus
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My online Striking University launches July 15!
6/7/13 12:18 PM
SC MMA MD
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Great! Please post a link here when it is up and running Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 10:25 AM
Duke Roufus

James Krause looked great!

He has visited for some train with our team & has greatly improved striking!

I loved the cart wheel kick & the Superman Uppercut!
6/19/13 4:46 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krause was really unpredictable and really had Stout frustrated though have to admire Stout's determination and keeping up his effort all night. Ironically, the standup left the opening for Stout getting over extended for the guillotine.

Great fight!
6/24/13 12:47 PM
Duke Roufus

What did you guys think of Sergio Pettis & Mike Rhodes?
6/24/13 1:50 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got the Fight Network back and PVR'd Glory 8 and 9!!
6/24/13 2:18 PM
Royce Nelson
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duke Roufus - My online Striking University launches July 15!
I can't wait! Phone Post
7/8/13 11:16 AM
Duke Roufus

Roufusport Academy, Head Coach
Andersen Silva is one of the greatest strikers ever in MMA.

That being said do not lean away without your feet in a proper stance.

In striking everyone can get caught
7/26/13 3:38 PM
Duke Roufus

Checkout the preview videos on our new site http://mmastrikinguniversity.com
7/27/13 9:43 PM
Duke Roufus

Edited: 07/27/13 10:26 PM
Ellenberger is doing too much training with just pure Boxing coaches IMHO Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 10:54 PM
Royce Nelson
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duke Roufus - Checkout the preview videos on our new site http://mmastrikinguniversity.com
Very cool Duke! Thank you. Phone Post
8/13/13 9:52 AM
Duke Roufus

I love MMA Striking like this!

Cart Wheel Kick FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVGQ-DaIi8&feature=player_embedded
8/15/13 1:01 AM
Wasa-B

Any thoughts on Machida vs Davis, Duke? Thought Machida won but was also somewhat neutralized to an extent.
8/15/13 1:07 PM
Duke Roufus

Wasa-B - Any thoughts on Machida vs Davis, Duke? Thought Machida won but was also somewhat neutralized to an extent.

8/15/13 2:08 PM
Wasa-B

Hey Duke, not sure if your response was edited out by mistake? Anyhow, i thought i would add that 3 fights ago, Machida had one of his most perfect showings of his style against Bader. Then against Hendo and Davis, though I think he won both, they were also both pretty limited showings too imo and he had the opportunities against both guys to counter. I was gonna say I suppose thats the limitations of a primary counter striker but then you have a guy like Mayweather that always wins and he is of course a counter striker. Im just wondering if you noticed anything in the Davis fight that might signal that guys are starting to figure out Machida a bit more (imo Davis did a pretty decent job of strategy, Hendo did not but still did not get countered that much either)?

Like Davis tried numerous telegraphed superman punches that Machida did not counter.
8/20/13 9:12 PM
FixedPartialArts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How come Showtime, and a lot of your other diverse strikers who want to stay on the feet, don't utilize front kicks much to speak of?

They seem like a good way to counter and deter td's, as well as occasionally producing a very damaging strike like we just saw with Browne vs. Overeem, and they set up kicks to the side of the head to boot. It's a way to circumvent and alter a high, outside hand defense. Slip it underneath, down the middle.
8/21/13 10:15 AM
Duke Roufus

FixedPartialArts - How come Showtime, and a lot of your other diverse strikers who want to stay on the feet, don't utilize front kicks much to speak of?

They seem like a good way to counter and deter td's, as well as occasionally producing a very damaging strike like we just saw with Browne vs. Overeem, and they set up kicks to the side of the head to boot. It's a way to circumvent and alter a high, outside hand defense. Slip it underneath, down the middle.

Anthony Pettis used the front kick in the 1st Henderson fight.

Pascal Krauss used it in his last fight
8/21/13 3:33 PM
FixedPartialArts

Duke Roufus - 
FixedPartialArts - How come Showtime, and a lot of your other diverse strikers who want to stay on the feet, don't utilize front kicks much to speak of?

Anthony Pettis used the front kick in the 1st Henderson fight.

Pascal Krauss used it in his last fight

I thought that was a push kick to the body. I'm talking about snapping a front kick to the underside of an opponent's chin. The closest thing to a front kick I can remember is the jump kick that went between Karalexis' hands and hurt him.
8/23/13 10:06 AM
Duke Roufus

#MartialArtists #MMA #Fighters #Kickboxers #NakMuays don't miss my FREE Webinar tonight. REGISTER NOW
http://dukeroufus.kajabi.com/squeeze_pages/30372-duke-roufus-webinar-reg
9/27/13 1:43 PM
Duke Roufus

Great Back Kick KO by Berao last week & epic fight by Jones & Gus!

I am the loving the evolution of MMA Striking!
9/27/13 5:09 PM
Wasa-B

Duke, i think Jones won a close 3-2 and though so of his holes may have been evident against Gus, that he finally got to have a W by gutting it out. I noticed his head movement and reactions to getting punched are not that good but he makes great use of his kicks and then though his greco wasnt effective in this fight, his elbows (both regular and spinning) are other weapons he has in close. What areas would you have Jones focus on in a rematch with Gus?

Also, cant remember if i asked before but what is your opinion on those oblique kicks to the knees? Believe they are a common thing in Savate right? And Brandon Vera (one of Gus' teammates ironically) has used them before in MMA.
9/27/13 6:59 PM
gogoyoface703

Tre Telligman had better boxing then anyone in the HW division besides the elite(JDS/Cain)
10/20/13 11:44 AM
Duke Roufus

Great Elbows last night by a lot of the fighters at UFC 166 last night.
10/20/13 1:27 PM
Ace5002
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish JDS trained at Roufusport so he could learn some angles/circling. He hurt Cain with the 10 or so strikes he landed, but he couldn't get himself away from the clinch. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.