UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brock Lesnar

10/25/10 7:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Todd Duffee
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?  I am not a fan nor do I hate the guy I think he has been very beneficial for the sport of mma and has earned his place with in the sport.  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great.  I honestly was rooting for cain(underdog shake up the division sounded fun) but the hate that brock has received is mind boggling and sickening. Can't we just be happy he went out an bared his soul in front of the whole world after committing his entire life to that moment against cain for four months prior.  I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

ex:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-121-Postmortem-Brocktober-Ends-with-a-Thud-27730
10/25/10 7:29 PM
AlbertEinstein
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's because he kinda seems like a prick

but I do appreciate him. it's always exciting when a Brock fight is coming up.
10/25/10 7:29 PM
renegade87
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yhknq - 
Todd Duffee -  I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?  I am not a fan nor do I hate the guy I think he has been very beneficial for the sport of mma and has earned his place with in the sport.  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great.  I honestly was rooting for cain(underdog shake up the division sounded fun) but the hate that brock has received is mind boggling and sickening. Can't we just be happy he went out an bared his soul in front of the whole world after committing his entire life to that moment against cain for four months prior.  I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

ex:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-121-Postmortem-Brocktober-Ends-with-a-Thud-27730<br type="_moz" />

agree

+1 and pure class by Duffee. Wish you the best Todd.
10/25/10 7:30 PM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a polarizing figure, everyone is gonna love him or hate him. I bet on Cain, so I'm glad he won, but Brock is still a great fighter with lots of great fights ahead of him he wants them.
10/25/10 7:31 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd Duffee -  I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?

It is because of his past history of walking away from everything when things don't go his way.
10/25/10 7:32 PM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/25/10 7:33 PM
Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

10/25/10 7:32 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No hate , just glory in a bully Beatdown
10/25/10 7:37 PM
Todd Duffee
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested. That is something Id like to see changed even ahead of judging criteria. But would you want a belt holder not believing that he is one of the best fighters in the world?  what do you want him to say? "well I've been lucky so far hope god keeps watching over me and giving me those wins" 
10/25/10 7:38 PM
Nubinatub

I don't get the hate either. I love Brock Lesnar and he's my favorite fighter.

He hasn't been anything but humble since the incident at UFC 100. And like you said, he has the tools to win, he just needs to go back to his training camp and spar and work on his standup.
10/25/10 7:39 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd Duffee - 
sgotwalks - Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested. That is something Id like to see changed even ahead of judging criteria. But would you want a belt holder not believing that he is one of the best fighters in the world?  what do you want him to say? "well I've been lucky so far hope god keeps watching over me and giving me those wins" 

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested.

Thats WWE
10/25/10 7:40 PM
Todd Duffee

epwar - 
Todd Duffee -  I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?

It is because of his past history of walking away from everything when things don't go his way.
? I find it hard to questions some ones decisions unless you know all the details which none of us do...The dude made his money in wrestling and had enough what is wrong with him looking to do something else with his life that he may enjoy more?

10/25/10 7:43 PM
Todd Duffee

UltraMagnus - Nobodys tearig him down its just dumb that he got rushed to a title shot at 2-1 and him winning the title while still being very green is insane and puts too much pressure on a guy like that now you see him lose the title now he what 5-2? What if he drops another? Hes gonna be outta the picture almost permanetly in the UFC HW division.

I mean hes helped MMA get more fans and popularity and has helped PPV Buys for the UFC and really put the sport on the map but for him as a Mixed Martial Artist its not good because he wants to be a great fighter but he already has experience as a Champ but at the same time hes still in his infancy stages as a fighter...

Its just not great for guy that realy in his career to have all that forced on him..... I don't care how anyone looks at it from a business stand point.. From a figther's perspective its not the best thing to do to guy with only 7 fights in....

But I guess i'm ignorant because if they hadn't of done it the UFC or MMA as a whoel wouldn't be as popular o have the mainstream covering it the way they do now........
Who cares if he is in the title picture or not I think this whole title thing ruins alot of peoples perspective on what a good fighter is....I'd love to see more tournaments and less focus on title paths.  You got to remember the sport is in its infancy as well, thats why these things are going on...in twenty years guys that are 10 and 0 wont be even in the title picture yet

10/25/10 7:44 PM
Todd Duffee

Hong Kong Phooey - 
Todd Duffee - 

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested.

Thats WWE
no the sad truth is that is sports in general just magnified times ten in a sport like mma

10/25/10 7:45 PM
goggs2009

I hope he doesnt leave MMA he is one of the most exiting fighters by far.
10/25/10 7:46 PM
Todd Duffee

CRE - Same thing applies to Fedor ten fold

agreed, I don't think the backlash was as great when fedor lost, although i wasnt on here much at that time so what do i know...I am bored wasting time when I should be looking for a place to live...ne one want to rent me a room in denver for super cheap and no lease? no? okay i understand I smell ne ways
10/25/10 7:47 PM
KrisDonahoo
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First page, this could get good.
10/25/10 7:51 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UltraMagnus - Nobodys tearig him down its just dumb that he got rushed to a title shot at 2-1

Brock was 1-1 when he got a title shot (which is even more insane).
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd Duffee - 

I don't recall the last time I heard George screaming into the mic that he was the toughest SOB around. I don't doubt for a second though that he believes it himself. Last I checked the ppv sales results, George's fans didn't "need the drama".

Todd Duffee

The Dean of Bean - 
Todd Duffee -  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great. I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Heres duffee trashing arlovski(saying he need chin surgery, which is ironic), who has done more for the sport than lesnar.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1565041&page=1

aww geez a fighter trolls you and you just can't let it go huh?  Dude arlovski is still one of my favorite fighters top watch and im quite sure his chin is fine especially after going three with big foot.....that was about me making fun of guys like you who all were screaming about AA's chin
10/25/10 7:55 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Athletes, actors, singers, models, or anyone in the public eye has to have thick skin because their successes and failures are there for the world to see. It's just a fact.
10/25/10 7:56 PM
Mr Pulla

Hey Duffee - When are you signing with Strikeforce? I would like to see you match up with Arlovski, Fedor etc.
10/25/10 7:56 PM
Kunu

Edited: 10/25/10 7:59 PM
Todd Duffee -  I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?  I am not a fan nor do I hate the guy I think he has been very beneficial for the sport of mma and has earned his place with in the sport.  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great.  I honestly was rooting for cain(underdog shake up the division sounded fun) but the hate that brock has received is mind boggling and sickening. Can't we just be happy he went out an bared his soul in front of the whole world after committing his entire life to that moment against cain for four months prior.  I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

ex:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-121-Postmortem-Brocktober-Ends-with-a-Thud-27730
It probably has alot to do with the way he has represented himself in and out of the cage.  If he didnt act like such a jackass after his matches and DISRESPECT the sport he probably wouldnt be getting so much shit. But since he's chosen to play the heel, then the the backlash from the fans comes with the teritory.
Sorry, not going to be respecting the guy, that disrespects his opponents then flips off the fans.

fuck him and his soul bearing.  

btw, how the fuck do you get cut after one loss? thats fucking bullshit. No consistency in the UFC.   Come back strong
10/25/10 7:59 PM
Todd Duffee

UltraMagnus - 
Todd Duffee - 
The Dean of Bean - 
Todd Duffee -  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great. I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Heres duffee trashing arlovski(saying he need chin surgery, which is ironic), who has done more for the sport than lesnar.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1565041&page=1

aww geez a fighter trolls you and you just can't let it go huh?  Dude arlovski is still one of my favorite fighters top watch and im quite sure his chin is fine especially after going three with big foot.....that was about me making fun of guys like you who all were screaming about AA's chin

I gurantee you if you got caught by Fedor or Rogers they KO you instantly.....

Talking shit about antoher guys chin just because of gotcracked by 2 Heavyhanded fighters means nothing!
lol we have had this talk ultramagnus it was a troll get over it just cause you bit hook line an sinker doesnt mean you should still be mad two years later

10/25/10 8:00 PM
Nuetraman

Duffee can relate to Brock
10/25/10 8:02 PM
LucrativeMath
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i highly doubt the post about arlovski was intended as a troll when it was posted, but who gives a shit. this is a good post from duffee. respect

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.