UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brock Lesnar

10/25/10 8:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Todd Duffee
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Pulla - Hey Duffee - When are you signing with Strikeforce? I would like to see you match up with Arlovski, Fedor etc.
I am actually getting ready to do some real live grappling for the first time tonight...I will have a better understanding of when I will be coming back afterwards I am sure but i am hoping for jan 1st...I haven't really talked to strikeforce yet and I doubt I'd be getting a shot at one of those guys coming off of russow hijacking my riduculously large hype train with that massive hammer fist

10/25/10 8:02 PM
Kunu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuetraman - Duffee can relate to Brock
how so?  he's not a jackass, and doesnt turtle up in his fights.  UFC fucked Duffee and ballooned brock right to the top

10/25/10 8:04 PM
Todd Duffee
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no i really cant...we have had totaly different paths...Its just sickening watching all this hate in mma its amazing anyone is a fan of the sport the way everyone talks about it
10/25/10 8:06 PM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd Duffee - 
sgotwalks - Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested. That is something Id like to see changed even ahead of judging criteria. But would you want a belt holder not believing that he is one of the best fighters in the world?  what do you want him to say? "well I've been lucky so far hope god keeps watching over me and giving me those wins" 
No, we are simply asking that the fighter be humble and classy, much like Fedor Emelianenko (who you've trash-talked), Georges St. Pierre, and Randy Couture. They let their fighting do the talking.

10/25/10 8:07 PM
Kunu

Todd Duffee - 

no i really cant...we have had totaly different paths...Its just sickening watching all this hate in mma its amazing anyone is a fan of the sport the way everyone talks about it
Todd, 
I personally havent seen anyone get as much shit on here as brock after a loss. Bottom line, he brought it on himself for the way he acted against Mir and Herring.  Its not really hate IN mma its just hate ON brock

10/25/10 8:09 PM
Todd Duffee

LucrativeMath - i highly doubt the post about arlovski was intended as a troll when it was posted, but who gives a shit. this is a good post from duffee. respect

Dude I am pretty sure I wasn't even signed with the ufc when I did that....I think arlovski is fun to watch and when I first started I wanted to be just like him..I can still remember watching every second of that five rd fight with big timmay screaming my ass off...an i even watched that fight twice just to watch his movement....ne one got a cheap room in denver or what?
10/25/10 8:12 PM
Todd Duffee

Kunu - 
Todd Duffee - 

Todd, 
I personally havent seen anyone get as much shit on here as brock after a loss. Bottom line, he brought it on himself for the way he acted against Mir and Herring.  Its not really hate IN mma its just hate ON brock

no its all of mma even fedor had to deal with it after werdum...an what he did to herring and mir made me sick but I am not gonna doubt his skill...I guess i just wish people cared more about a fighters ability as oppose to what kind of guy he is or how cool an badass he looks

10/25/10 8:16 PM
Todd Duffee

Kostakio - 
Todd Duffee - 
sgotwalks - Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested. That is something Id like to see changed even ahead of judging criteria. But would you want a belt holder not believing that he is one of the best fighters in the world?  what do you want him to say? "well I've been lucky so far hope god keeps watching over me and giving me those wins" 
No, we are simply asking that the fighter be humble and classy, much like Fedor Emelianenko (who you've trash-talked), Georges St. Pierre, and Randy Couture. They let their fighting do the talking.

lol....your right my unfinished thoughts on fedor were totally classless and i should kill myself for not cutting everyone off and going on a five minute tyraid on my thoughts of fedor...at that time i believe (which i havent actually watched it so who knows) i was commenting on my disapointment in fedor not fighting the best for that period of time in his career but I can't blame the guy for making money and fighting who was put in front of him by the japanese promotions...as a fan of course you want to see the best fights possible...it was frustrating knowing there were more formidable opponents than zulu or that giant asian fellow (although that armbar was awesome)

10/25/10 8:17 PM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Despite not being a fan of Lesnar's, I felt bad for him, especially when I seen that locker-room pic of him being dejected. My heart goes out to him. Hopefully he will come back stronger.

10/25/10 8:18 PM
Kunu

Todd Duffee - 
Kunu - 
Todd Duffee - 

Todd, 

no its all of mma even fedor had to deal with it after werdum...an what he did to herring and mir made me sick but I am not gonna doubt his skill...I guess i just wish people cared more about a fighters ability as oppose to what kind of guy he is or how cool an badass he looks

Well I dont get the Fedor hate after Werdum due to the fact that his body of work is MUCH more extensive than Lesners.   However as far as Brocks skill goes... He is a very good wrestler, I dont think anyone disputes that, but as far as mixed martial arts as a whole, its really not that impressive.  He's well below par on his feet, and as good as his wrestling is, how with his size he let Cain up when actually did get him down is a little hard to believe. Credit to cain there.
Brock has talent no doubt, but he has proved to still be very very green. And I guess with his attitude and the UFC shoving the "baddest man on the planet" horseshit down the throats of people  that are actually intelligent enough to see the truth, then the backlash from his performance ( or lack thereof ) isnt really all that suprising.

10/25/10 8:23 PM
Fillups422
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem on here is that most of the "old school" MMA guys on here have become exactly what they said they hated about the "TUF Noobs" and "WWE Crowd" when Brock came in.

They have become the loud and obnoxious people of the forum, Last Saturday, this place became just as bad as the Sherdog forums.

While Brock might not be everyone's cup of tea, ask ANY fighter on the UFC roster if they'd turn down a spot on the same card as him. Brock is pretty damn good for the sport, if you can't see that then maybe its you who has the problem.

Duffee is right, the amount of hate on here has gotten to ridiculous levels. Cain is getting ripped on for how UFC marketed him, Brock is getting torn apart for being "exposed".

I thought fighter bashing was against the forum rules. For those of you who are on here bashing people, pull your head out of your asses and stop acting like this is Sherdog.

This post has been brought to you be a fucking '10er. Like it or not, you know Im right. Stop being dicks. Thanks.
10/25/10 8:26 PM
Kostakio

Todd, what would your gameplan be against Lesnar? Do you feel like you could outwrestle him and match his strength?
10/25/10 8:27 PM
Kunu

Kostakio - Todd, what would your gameplan be against Lesnar? Do you feel like you could outwrestle him and match his strength?

blow on his chin.  that should do it
10/25/10 8:27 PM
Todd Duffee

Ya Mon -  Todd first off congrats on landing the supplement advertising gig. Main point is no one likes jock bully jerks other than other jock bully jerks. I don't hate Brock but I would always root against him because of his attitude. GSP and Noguera and Fedor act like a professional fighter should. Meatheads provoke hatred look at Kos. Phone Post

i for one find it hard to believe these dude are really as you perceive them....mostly from personal expereience...for the most part its all an act and most guys the humble or arrogant fall some where in the middle 
10/25/10 8:30 PM
Todd Duffee

Kostakio - Todd, what would your gameplan be against Lesnar? Do you feel like you could outwrestle him and match his strength?
not realy put alot of thought into it.....i would fight him and try to win everywhere I am not much for game plans after my last performance

10/25/10 8:33 PM
LambertCFMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd, quit reading Rossen. You'll thank me later.

As for Brock, he's a competitive guy but he does have a history of giving up on things. He quit pro wrestling (due to the travel more than anything) and he quit football (didn't make the roster). When he's not on top or not happy with how things are going, it's not unquestionable to believe that he may give up.

We'll see what Brock is really made of in his next fight. Against Cain, he truly got his ass kicked. No "lucky" submission chalked up to inexperience and no comeback after the first round. Everything he tried failed and he got beat up. He'll either come back stronger or completely defeated.
10/25/10 8:35 PM
kalki

exactly....brock was working his heal-angle...........i'm glad your working again and that you stood up to DFW....your time will come......
10/25/10 8:39 PM
Josey Wales

The real question is WTF were u doing on SHerdog?
10/25/10 8:40 PM
Josey Wales

Do u have a twitter account Todd?
10/25/10 8:41 PM
NDmmafan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my experience most people like to hate on other people just to make themselves feel better. There lives are shit, so why not bash each and every fucking thing you can bash to make yourself feel better? Me personally, when it comes to these boards, i just ignore the obvious idiots, dont take things to serious, and have fun reading the posts and enjoying MMA.

BTW If Brock hadn't came from WWE the hate wouldnt nearly be as bad.
10/25/10 8:51 PM
Todd Duffee

kalki - exactly....brock was working his heal-angle...........i'm glad your working again and that you stood up to DFW....your time will come......
I didnt stand up to DFW we actually haven't talked since my fight in portland....my only guess is my tweet is what made him mad(not like my attitude or whateve it was) which i feel was misunderstood...i mean alot of guys work full time and fight in the ufc I had only fought once that year by no ones fault but my own i was only looking for steady income

10/25/10 8:54 PM
Kostakio

Maybe he seen you trash-talk Fedor and got mad? No, wait. That can't be it. :P
10/25/10 8:55 PM
Hotlanta
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duffee,
I agree about the hate but it's simply a no-win situation on this forum. The last thing you ever want to do here is ask why.

You were in the UFC and have accomplished alot so far. If your focus is to comeback, good luck. If you move on to something else, same-same. I would say the same to Brock.

Hope Brock can stop living in a Power Ballads video and really decide what he wants to do. He kept mentioning this is his job and he is a professional. I know alot of people who hate their job but do it because it's the professional thing to do. Big difference....

Cain looks like he wanted it more, therefore he won.
10/25/10 8:57 PM
kalki

thanks for the real story......maybe dana can only deal with one genectically-gifted-white-guy at time....so with Brock-out,you should be-in....you can be what Marcus Davis only dreamed of...........
10/25/10 9:01 PM
Josey Wales

Todd Duffee - 
kalki - exactly....brock was working his heal-angle...........i'm glad your working again and that you stood up to DFW....your time will come......
I didnt stand up to DFW we actually haven't talked since my fight in portland....my only guess is my tweet is what made him mad(not like my attitude or whateve it was) which i feel was misunderstood...i mean alot of guys work full time and fight in the ufc I had only fought once that year by no ones fault but my own i was only looking for steady income

Have u signed with another Organization like SF yet?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.