UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brock Lesnar

10/25/10 9:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustPeed
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlbertEinstein - it's because he kinda seems like a prick

but I do appreciate him. it's always exciting when a Brock fight is coming up.

10/25/10 9:06 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when's your next fight?
10/25/10 9:07 PM
topshelf720
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The idiots that complain about him getting a title shot too soon need to get a reality check. First of all, HE WON THE TITLE FIGHT!  The only way you can make an example of someone getting a title shot too soon is if they get their ass kicked and look like they weren't ready (Dan Hardy for example), but to say someone got a shot too soon when they won the fight in devestating fashion is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Second, look at his PPV numbers, that alone justifies the title shot from a business perspective. 
10/25/10 9:08 PM
soldierdad5417

Fillups422 - The problem on here is that most of the "old school" MMA guys on here have become exactly what they said they hated about the "TUF Noobs" and "WWE Crowd" when Brock came in.

They have become the loud and obnoxious people of the forum, Last Saturday, this place became just as bad as the Sherdog forums.

While Brock might not be everyone's cup of tea, ask ANY fighter on the UFC roster if they'd turn down a spot on the same card as him. Brock is pretty damn good for the sport, if you can't see that then maybe its you who has the problem.

Duffee is right, the amount of hate on here has gotten to ridiculous levels. Cain is getting ripped on for how UFC marketed him, Brock is getting torn apart for being "exposed".

I thought fighter bashing was against the forum rules. For those of you who are on here bashing people, pull your head out of your asses and stop acting like this is Sherdog.

This post has been brought to you be a fucking '10er. Like it or not, you know Im right. Stop being dick chests. Thanks.
Fixed. Thank me later dude.

10/25/10 9:10 PM
hugomma
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's my take on "why":

You reap what you sow.

Brock's acted like a bully throughout his brief MMA career. He talks a lot about how no one's as big or as strong as he his, never about how his skills or tech's make him a superior fighter. One of the main reasons people train is to develop skills to beat someone bigger & stronger. No one roots for Goliath, especially if he brags about his size advantage all the time.

He constantly talks about himself in the 3rd person, which is a universal sign for an asshole.

He did the ride 'em cowboy thing in the Herring fight.

He flipped off Mir & the fans after their 2nd fight, followed by telling the world how he was gonna get on top of his wife.

Granted, Herring & Mir trash talked Lesnar, but he could've showed some class & choose not to. It goes back to him acting like a bully.

He says he'll drink a Corona & eat a burrito for Cain's Mexican heritage, at a time where Mexicans are probably the most disrespected minority group in the country other than gays. Although I'm not Mexican, I'm Hispanic & don't appreciate that shit.

Is it part of an act or gimmick? Who knows. If it's not, he's choosing to act like an ignorant meathead, which is pretty lame. Look at the recent TUF threads to see how much fans dislike the cocky douche approach. GSP's winning fans for his demeanor, he handles Koscheck like the child that he is.

It's hard to feel bad for a guy that acts like such a jackass. If you're gonna act disrespectful, you'll be disrespected.
10/25/10 9:12 PM
Bolo Da Great
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody answered his question for a room to rent in Denver? Wow
10/25/10 9:13 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock comes off as a bully and everybody likes to see the bully get his ass kicked. I'm not bothered by anything he says, because I see it for what it is. It's entertainment and it makes things more interesting when you have some animosity there for a fight.

Regardless if people are talking good or bad about Brock, the important thing is people are talking about him.
10/25/10 9:22 PM
gooddoc

Todd Duffee -  I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?  I am not a fan nor do I hate the guy I think he has been very beneficial for the sport of mma and has earned his place with in the sport.  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great.  I honestly was rooting for cain(underdog shake up the division sounded fun) but the hate that brock has received is mind boggling and sickening. Can't we just be happy he went out an bared his soul in front of the whole world after committing his entire life to that moment against cain for four months prior.  I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

ex:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-121-Postmortem-Brocktober-Ends-with-a-Thud-27730<br type="_moz" />

I totally agree. Love him or hate him, you should atleast respect him. I was rooting for Cain too because to be honest it bugged me a little that Brock got his shot so early, and his bully personality rubs me the wrong way. After all this hate and racial BS though I kind of wish he would have won.
10/25/10 9:24 PM
ceezarthebadguy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock gets the reaction he gets because he's good at what he does. He sells fights. He even admitted as much on Rome where he said his WWE background has helped him in that area (with the mic, in front of the camera). Brock's feelings aren't hurt that some 322lb chump on the internet is happy he got smoked by Cain. His feelings are hurt that he devoted months to training for his title defense and he got smoked. His feelings are hurt that he let his family, staff, and training partners down.

You can't ask people here why they say certain things. It's the internet, there's no fear of being punched in the mouth. Most of these trolls don't give a shit.
10/25/10 9:31 PM
Nuetraman

did Brock mocked Herring and trashes Mir when they were down?
10/25/10 9:37 PM
Mdot50
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duffman... cant wait to see u back in action big fella.... best of luck 
10/25/10 9:41 PM
InvisibleControl

Todd Duffee -  I do not understand why people think if he loses his next fight he will walk away?  I am not a fan nor do I hate the guy I think he has been very beneficial for the sport of mma and has earned his place with in the sport.  It just bothers me that people tear this guy down so much when he clearly is dedicated and has the tools to be great.  I honestly was rooting for cain(underdog shake up the division sounded fun) but the hate that brock has received is mind boggling and sickening. Can't we just be happy he went out an bared his soul in front of the whole world after committing his entire life to that moment against cain for four months prior.  I don't get it any more the dude deserves everyones respect whether you like him or not.

ex:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-121-Postmortem-Brocktober-Ends-with-a-Thud-27730<br type="_moz" />

Why respect someone who doesn't respect anybody else? The way he acted after the Mir fight turned me off forever. Complete WWE mentality. Yelling in the mic, throwing the crowd the finger, bashing the sponsers. That shit don't belong in the sport. The guy is an asshole to his fans and the media as well. He's just a piece of shit human being. That's why everyone hates him and that's why everyone was happy he got his ass beat down. And I can't wait to see it again.
10/25/10 9:48 PM
Kostakio
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cut Duffee (and Lesnar) some slack. Everyone on here acts like they've never made mistakes before. Phone Post
10/25/10 9:57 PM
brdrchoker

sgotwalks - Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

Hey you realize it's part of the marketing and he gets a ppv cut right....or are some of you people really that stupid. He was all class to Cain after the fight...god I swear coming on the board sometimes lower your i.q. why can't we have the days back before mma went mainstream.....Now we have to put up with drooling idiots like this.
10/25/10 10:10 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ex:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/UFC-121-Postmortem-Brocktober-Ends-with-a-Thud-27730
I'd like to see him fight more for sure.

10/25/10 10:38 PM
vruntson

ex:

MMA is just like any other sport. People have their favs and hates and like to express this to other people. I respect anyone who has the balls to fight, no matter what the code.

Your ex-boss is the worst when it comes to disrespecting other fighters. The head of the biggest MMA org is the No.1 most disrespectful fan of other fighters. If he behaves in such a way, how do you expect the masses to behave?

10/25/10 11:26 PM
TheFirstDragon

Brock Lesnar finally learned what Humble Pie tastes like.

He needed this.

Now...what will henceforth be especially interesting is if he can recover from this serious breach of his ego, become a bit more humble, learn true respect for others, and go out there and learn how to strike and how to not cower from being struck under the tutelage of a real training camp.

My advice to him besides this would be to seek out Chuck and Hackleman at The Pit...............
10/26/10 12:33 AM
GardnerD

This thread should get todd back in the UFC says I.
10/26/10 6:12 AM
Irregular John
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brdrchoker - Hey you realize it's part of the marketing and he gets a ppv cut right....

Yes. And his style of "marketing" is why a significant portion of the MMA fanbase derived such glee from seeing Lesnar wobble like a weeble and disappear under a hail of BROWN PRIDE.

That said, I think all the talk about him being a shitty and/or overrated fighter is garbage. Dude can fight, he just lost to a better guy. I'm excited to see him come back (hopefully so someone else can rearrange his face if he persists in being a jerk).
10/26/10 6:15 AM
Irregular John
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GardnerD - This thread should get todd back in the UFC says I.

Duffman should find some fools to knock out.

It's like when a hot girl dumps you and after you're done crying into your twelfth beer of the morning you decide to get your ass back in shape and hot broads are all up in your shit and then you're all HAHAHA LOOK AT ME BITCH I'M DOING GREAT and then the ex-girlfriend offers to make you that casserole you like and she gives you a hummer while it's in the oven and the apartment all smells like broccoli and cheddar and then you climax RIGHT AS THE TIMER GOES OFF and you settle down to eat but you burn your mouth on the cheese because it's fresh out of the oven and you get upset but it's okay because the girl you love took you back despite being a dumb bitch for breaking up with you in the first place.

Yeah...just like that.
10/26/10 8:27 AM
CJJScout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why Denver?
10/26/10 9:07 AM
mindspa24
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to correct a professional fighter but I believe the term is "mind bottling" sir. Like when your mind is just so full of so many thoughts and you can't get them out, like they're all botled up. You're welcome.
10/26/10 9:59 AM
the professor of mma

^^Fail

BOGGLE - to become confused or overwhelmed.

mind-boggling is actually in the dictionary as well. If you are going to correct someone, even a professional fighter, you should spend just a few moments fact checking.

Unless you are trolling.....or I missed some fabulous inside UG joke.
10/26/10 10:04 AM
romophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd Duffee - 
sgotwalks - Hey man, you walk around pounding your chest and boldly claiming to be the baddest man on the planet.........the toughest SOB around.........you'd best not turtle up or you are going to hear about it. Simple as that.

I don't think he would be doing that if it wasn't for people needing that drama to stay interested. That is something Id like to see changed even ahead of judging criteria. But would you want a belt holder not believing that he is one of the best fighters in the world?  what do you want him to say? "well I've been lucky so far hope god keeps watching over me and giving me those wins" 

LOL! Is that a direct quote from Fedor?
I think it is.

10/26/10 10:23 AM
epwar
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how people dismiss Brock being an asshole as him just "working you like he did in WWE."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.