UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Unions ruin The Hobbit for New Zealand

10/27/10 1:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
leetskeet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yeah and don't forget Peter Jacksons directorial achievements single handedly out do everything that the entire nation of Italy has ever achieved...ever!...according to squatdog Phone Post
10/27/10 2:27 AM
Squatdog

The PM just confirmed that The Hobbit will remain in New Zealand and the government has entered into a 'special relationship' with Warner, which includes tourism advertising on the DVD extras.

Suck it, Australia!
10/27/10 3:07 AM
Squatdog

"Special Relationship"- Reads Government backdoor bail out.

'Special relationship' means we get ANOTHER Hollywood blockbuster, while Australia fondly looks back to 2003.

have a more diverse landscape

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

(not by a country mile)

You are just a stepping stone for third worlders looking to get into Australia and nothing else.

How many Lebos and Viets are there in New Zealand? Probably less than there are in Cabramatta.
10/27/10 3:19 AM
Dratherbe

10/27/10 3:29 AM
MadDog243
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Australian fails for not mentioning the Road Warrior to support his argument IMO
10/27/10 3:40 AM
Squatdog

Edited: 10/27/10 3:41 AM
...but seriously LOL@Australia having a more diverse landscape.

How many geyser fields?

Fjords?

Glaciers?

Volcanic plateaus?

Look at what you have:

10/27/10 3:57 AM
Joe Ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what was this Aussie guy's beef with the film being made in NZ?

Did he just want more money for his union or workers or what?
10/27/10 4:01 AM
Squatdog

He thought he could hold the entire production to ransom and Warner would come scuttling to the negotiating table and agree to whatever demands he dreamed up.

Typical ignorant Aussie cunt.
10/27/10 4:04 AM
Joe Ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh well, we have nice scenery in Scotland.

I'm sure the producers could construct a nice shire out in the highlands somewhere. Or unions are less malevolent as well.

Your loss, our gain.
10/27/10 4:14 AM
Squatdog

You claimed that Australia had a a 'more diverse landscape'.

The only thing Australia has that we don't is desert and jungle, the two shittiest and most inhospitable climates outside the Artic. New Zealand has reefs and beaches, too.

Half your country is a desert craphole:

10/27/10 4:18 AM
Squatdog

...and look how the population is distributed:

10/27/10 4:25 AM
ashleigh11
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's refreshing to see someone other than yanks/canucks/brits fighting over whose dad is tougher and who has shinier toys.
10/27/10 4:29 AM
Squatdog

Edited: 10/27/10 4:44 AM
You missed the part where you posted that Australia has a 'more diverse landscape'?

Post your fjords, glaciers, geyser fields and volcanic plateaus. Also post the (mainland Australian) mountain peaks that are within a kilometre of the tallest New Zealand mountain in terms of height.

This thread has turned into a nightmare for you.
10/27/10 5:42 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still don't know what the fuck the unions were complaining about. The actors were going to get residuals on this film, which didn't happen on LotR. Jackson is going to knock this shit out of the park and make a fortune, and they don't want a cut?
10/27/10 6:10 AM
Squatdog

Who cares about fjords, glaciers, geyser fields and volcanic plateaus? Half of which smell like shit?

Millions of tourists every year?

Post your tropical rain forests,

LOL...who the fuck wants to visit a fetid, pestilential jungle except for the occasional eco-tourist wierdo?

beautiful tropical Islands and Coral reefs that people actually travel to see.

Are you saying the Australian mainland sucks so bad that people have to go offshore to see anything worthwhile?

Why does it matter if our mountains are within the Australian mainland when you crap country is split between two pathetic Islands?

Because the only Australian mountain that isn't a faggoty little molehill is located in Antarctica.

Our mountains are literally a kilometre taller.
10/27/10 6:21 AM
Devlyn

All Blacks>Wallabies who cares who has the prettier scenery?

Also, dingoes eat babies.
10/27/10 6:22 AM
sabrutat

I was about to jump in and run this Aussie boy off, but it seems you're doing a grand job, Squatdog. keep it up.

Cheers

Stef
10/27/10 7:09 AM
hey mes
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so....Is NZ fucked now?
10/27/10 7:44 AM
UltraViolentRay
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

currymuncha, can you provide your biography to us again? I'm a little confused as to your persona and life experiences as it seems to change from thread to thread.
10/28/10 1:14 AM
yusul
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

squatdog, i get confused sometimes. are you a native kiwi or an expat pom?

anyhow, while i'd rather move to nz, i think that australia might have the stronger economic opportunity because of it's population. the best time of my life was in nz.

for joe ray, if you haven't been there, east cape on the north island strongly resembles parts of scotland.
10/28/10 3:11 AM
Squatdog

I am a pure-blooded New Zealand superman, but having a passing familiarity with the frozen northern wastes.
10/28/10 7:33 AM
matt murdock
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
10/28/10 9:17 AM
Martinez!

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
leetskeet - Oh yeah and don't forget Peter Jacksons directorial achievements single handedly out do everything that the entire nation of Italy has ever achieved...ever!...according to squatdog Phone Post

To be fair, this is probably true. What has the modern state of Italy even done, except fail...over and over and over?
10/28/10 9:17 AM
Martinez!

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
leetskeet - Oh yeah and don't forget Peter Jacksons directorial achievements single handedly out do everything that the entire nation of Italy has ever achieved...ever!...according to squatdog Phone Post

To be fair, this is probably true. What has the modern state of Italy even done, except fail...over and over and over?
10/28/10 10:32 AM
UltraViolentRay
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

currymuncha - 
UltraViolentRay - currymuncha, can you provide your biography to us again? I'm a little confused as to your persona and life experiences as it seems to change from thread to thread.

LOL Oh yeah how so?

A brief timeline from birth to present day will suffice and I'll match it up with your tales from previous threads. I'm always intrigue by OG'ers who have been everywhere and done everything. And know everything. Good role models for me IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.