UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> New Zealand Tour Predictions: Grand Slam?

11/14/10 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised that England is playing actual attacking Rugby instead of killing the ball and kicking away possession (ie: their usual gameplan). I wonder how long this will last?

LordSeano - 
seg - Even a Yank can spot the superiority of Southern Hemisphere rugby. 

Ahem.

That was a good day of rugby. Wales threw away an epic win.

I havent seen england play like that since 2001-3. Good timing coming into a WC year

The Southern Hemisphere team's current tour results:5 wins, 1 loss
11/14/10 7:13 PM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^

All narrow wins (except against the useless jocks)
11/14/10 8:46 PM
Squatdog

All wins on the Northern Hemisphere team's home turf.
11/20/10 11:21 AM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/20/10 11:12 PM
Squatdog

The All Black's match against Ireland was pretty fast-paced.

The Irish came to play.
11/21/10 12:44 AM
Squatdog

11/21/10 9:10 AM
LordSeano

Was a good game - BOD still has it
11/22/10 1:00 AM
GrotesK

LordSeano - 
GrotesK - gotta give england some credit, for the first time in my life they're playing rugby. grats to them.

How old are you, 6?

haha.. i dont think england have EVER run the ball out from there own 22 for the entire time they've been playing. also the new tactic of not going for drop kicks whenever in the oppositions 50 is making them look like they can play the game now.

i know they won the rugby world cup by adapting the beloved football skill set into rugby, but i would hardly call any of there games during that world cup era to be called "rugby"..

even in their prime they've never been a dominant force and never will.
11/22/10 1:06 AM
Squatdog

Wales drew with...

*drum roll*

..............FIJI!

LOL!
11/22/10 1:21 AM
GrotesK

just wow..
lol
11/22/10 8:32 AM
LordSeano

GrotesK - 
LordSeano - 
GrotesK - gotta give england some credit, for the first time in my life they're playing rugby. grats to them.

How old are you, 6?

haha.. i dont think england have EVER run the ball out from there own 22 for the entire time they've been playing. also the new tactic of not going for drop kicks whenever in the oppositions 50 is making them look like they can play the game now.

i know they won the rugby world cup by adapting the beloved football skill set into rugby, but i would hardly call any of there games during that world cup era to be called "rugby"..

even in their prime they've never been a dominant force and never will.

I think even the most hardy of anti-england rugby fans will admit that in the early 2000s England were the dominant team in rugby. You are a plain hater troll if you say otherwise.

From 2000-2003 they went undefeated in 12 tests, home and away, against the tri nations sides and won the world cup.

England have been shit since the 2003 world cup I admit (still managed to make back to back finals mind you). But they most certainly were the dominant team during that period and whilst they certainly moved to a more power based game during the latter part of that period, they had a mean running game as well.

Are you an aussie?
11/22/10 8:33 AM
LordSeano

Squatdog - Wales drew with...

*drum roll*

..............FIJI!

LOL!

And the southern hemisphere world champions lost to.............
11/22/10 5:42 PM
Squatdog

You mean the 'Southern Hemisphere World Champion's' who have a 1-5 record in the Tri Nations this year and have been described as the 'worst ever'?
11/24/10 1:38 AM
Squatdog

When was the last time Ireland beat the All Blacks?
11/24/10 5:02 PM
Squatdog

Edited: 11/24/10 6:02 PM
Uhhhhhh...most Rugby fans in New Zealand wouldn't even know who Dave Gallagher is.
11/25/10 4:25 PM
Squatdog

No they don't, but it's amusing that you seem to think you know better.

The 'boss figure' in New Zealand Rugby is Colin Meads.
11/25/10 10:13 PM
Squatdog

I did, most people wouldn't.
11/26/10 2:14 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wales drawing to fiji is pretty embarassing but par for the course for us unfortunately.

Gatland was trying out guys who the esteemed welsh public think are better than our British Lions (rees and Biggar) but they really can't hack it at top level yet as well as many of our other 'talent'. We havn't had strength in depth for years and that shoker of a performance confirms it.

good squad for the NZ match though excpet no-one predicts a Welsh win, but perhaps it might be competitive.

We miss Shane Williams and Jamie Roberts and so don't have enough spark to cause NZ much fuss.
NZ will have too much ball as Wales will kick most of it away after getting frustrated running into a wall of black. Then its just a question of time.
11/26/10 4:38 PM
Squatdog

Gatland has made NINETEEN changes for the upcoming game.

No panic, eh?
11/27/10 11:59 AM
fingers 'n' teeth
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pay attention Squat.

The team is almost the same as what faced the Aussies and SA minus a couple of notable injuries.

Fiji was the tester game and none of the testing worked out (exception is Lydiate but he was in against the Aussies).

This is as full strength as wales gets ATM.
11/27/10 2:21 PM
GrotesK

Alan Lewis continuing the tradition of being the most incompetant referee around. I guess one aspect of his game actually made it look like Wales had a chance with there penalty kicking game.

All Blacks clinch another grand slam.. now have a success rate of 75%, Dan Carter now the highest test points scorer and the 100th test win for Henry.. pretty good day in the office for the AB's.
11/27/10 4:13 PM
fingers 'n' teeth

yep , thats right, inept refereeing. Nothing to do with ABs falling over the ball, going in from teh side at rucks and just blatantly killing the ball when ever opponents run at them.

If they can't turn it over they kill it. Its gone on for years only most refs let them get away with it.

Even when the ABs win you whine.

Go fuck yourself.

Worst winners and losers in the game.
11/27/10 4:50 PM
Squatdog

You seem upset?
11/27/10 6:17 PM
fingers 'n' teeth

no, not at all.

I enjoyed the game. If you read my prediction previously it went exactly as i thought it would. Wales mounted a reasonable challenge but ultimately didn't convert whereas NZ took every chance they had. Their ability to play at pace is why they are #1 at the moment. Wales tout "Welsh Flair" but they have showed none of that this series after Shane williams got hurt. It seems without him they lose any attacking istinct they have. Shanklin was the best attacking threat this game and he is mainly there for his defence.

Neither side played great, NZ (Carter inparticular) were uncharacteristically off beat. But then Wales forwards presence has been the highlight of their Autumn series. They have one of the best scrummaging front rows in the world and the lineout is much improved. Lydiate and Warburton are excellent foragers in the loose. As a result NZ didn't enjoy as fast a paced game as they would like as the ball was slow from the set piece and break down.
Unfortunately, Wales backline is just not decisive enough to make pressure count and made too many kicking errors missing touch several times allowing the ever dangerous NZ backs to have a go at a disorganised Welsh defense.

What irritates me is that even after winning certain fans pipe up about the ref without even considering the fact that the 15 penatlies NZ gave away were because of the pressure they were under up front.

No, thats nothing to do with your opponents its all the refs fault.
That shows a lack of respect for your opponents.
11/27/10 6:39 PM
Squatdog

Up until the last five minutes, the All Blacks had scored five tries to nil. Wales were never in the game, even with Carter kicking poorly.

The referee was awful. Braid got penalised for getting trapped under three people in a ruck and a lot of the decisions were completely arbitrary.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.