UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 12, Episode 7 discussion thread

10/27/10 6:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Team GSP's Dane Sayers (7-1) vs. Team Koscheck's Sako Chivitchian (5-0)

From the get-go, Chivitchian wants to use his judo skills and shoots for a takedown. He leaves his neck exposed in the process and nearly gets choked out with a guillotine. Sayers, though, doesn't have it against the cage and lets go.

Chivitchian postures up, and it's ground and pound time. Sayers manages to right himself as St-Pierre urges him to watch for a throw. Sure enough, "Psycho" gives it a try, but Sayers escapes.

Chivitchian charges for another takedown and is denied. They're on their feet, and Sayers looks more loose as he gets on his bicycle to avoid a tie-up. That doesn't last for long. "Psycho" charges again and presses the action to the cage. The two jockey for position in the clinch, and more takedown attempts by Chivitchian are thwarted.

Again, Sayers escapes and lands his most significant strike of the fight with a kick to Chivitchian's body. Now he's looking for a takedown, and despite an obvious fence-grab from Chivitchian, he gets it as the clock ticks down. But he can't get on top, and Chivitchian is back up in a flash. Round one ends in a clinchfest.

Between rounds, both coaches think it's a close one.

Sayers comes out swinging in the second frame and lands a nice straight left as he backs Chivitchian to the cage. But before you know it, he's taking a ride courtesy of a hip toss. He pops back up and the two trade shots before Chivitchian scrambles and gets a sort-of-takedown.

Chivitchian takes half-guard but does almost nothing with the position, which prompts Sayers to throw up his hands in frustration. Finally, he sees an opening and scoots up. But it isn't long before Chivitchian locks him up again, and they're clinched against the cage.

Both men are tiring, and the position is starting to look more like rest time than fight time. Sayers breaks the stalemate with a trip, and again, Chivitchian blatantly grabs the fence, though he's just not good enough at it to stop the takedown. He is good enough, however, to use the cage to aid him in standing. When another hip toss fails, it's back to the clinch.

Chivitchian knees Sayer's legs as the clock ticks down, and the round ends in a clinch.

Koscheck is sure it's going to a third round, but White shoots down that notion. All three judges have given both rounds to Chivitchian by scores of 20-18.

read entire article...

10/27/10 7:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SgtJustinTeplitz
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to watch this!
10/27/10 7:54 PM
ChicagoTom
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best episode of the season IMO. I can't believe that guy got drunk and broke something! Oh and the previews for next weeks episode looks crazy!! Something big is gonna happen- that's for sure! Phone Post
10/27/10 9:40 PM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking to kill some time before TUF??? Check out this thread...

THREAD LINK

10/27/10 10:03 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no substitute for the ultimate is what's in store....
10/27/10 10:08 PM
ChicagoTom
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOOM! Phone Post
10/27/10 10:12 PM
BuddyRevell
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RED PRIDE, SON!!
10/27/10 10:20 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChicagoTom -  BOOM! Phone Post

Tried to vote you up, but the Britards ran me dry with the vote downs.
10/27/10 10:27 PM
Gingerman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - Looking to kill some time before TUF??? Check out this thread...

THREAD LINK

Thanks info! i dont think i have laughed this hard in a long time!!
10/27/10 10:29 PM
NotTheNoobURLooking4

Baseball court!
10/27/10 10:29 PM
ranier wolfcastle
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at male nurse.
unfair josh has played gayseball b4 but george hasnt.
psycho appears to have recently waxed his unibrow.
10/27/10 10:30 PM
Gingerman

" e may be better at baseball court" lol, I love listen to GSP speak, that french accent is so thick it make me laugh
10/27/10 10:30 PM
NorthSlopePipeNinja
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sako's uninrow tan line is killing me Phone Post
10/27/10 10:40 PM
ranier wolfcastle
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so far psychos judo is failing. hope that changes next round.
10/27/10 10:44 PM
Gingerman

the tanline is epic, it jumped out at me as soon as seen it. he should have just left the unibrow, the tanline makes him look ridiculous
10/27/10 10:50 PM
KC007

My gawd it's frustrating watching Red Horse fight. He's not listening to any instructions and not following the game plan. Phone Post
jdindiana
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omgwtfeat1 -  dam clinch whore

I expected him to hit a few more throws as much as he is clinching
ranier wolfcastle

well a bit of judo worked. still a weak fight and hes grabbin the fence too much.
10/27/10 10:51 PM
Canada_88
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, literally all that Sako is doingis pushing Dane into the fence. He shouldve had a point taken for all that fence grabbing
Poindexter

Sixteen Tons - The second time he avoids getting grounded by fence-grabbing. enough already! take a point!

Agreed.
BrockbackMountain
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sako is a piece of shit. Hope he loses.
10/27/10 10:52 PM
stephen1547
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should have been a point taken.  He got two warnings.
futon1

I say one fence grab that prevents a takedown should be a point deducted. No warning. Shit is getting ridiculous and out of hand in the UFC lately.
BrockbackMountain
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

futon1 - I say one fence grab that prevents a takedown should be a point deducted. No warning. Shit is getting ridiculous and out of hand in the UFC lately.

Totally.

Should be restarted in guard after the point deduction also.

Fucking cheater.
10/27/10 10:55 PM
BrockbackMountain

Dont tell me that guy fucking won.

I hope someone from the red team destroys his ass.

"You know who i am bro? "

"Yea a piece of shit. "

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.