UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Point Guards

10/30/10 4:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacob Lamb
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Name the top five point guards in the NBA in order.
10/30/10 7:09 AM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lebron James

Rondo

Westbrook

Williams

Paul

10/30/10 2:17 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/30/10 2:24 PM
Steve Nash

Rajon Rondo

Deron Williams

Chris Paul

Chauncey Billups
10/30/10 3:23 PM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No love for Westbrook?

That guy is awesome.
10/30/10 7:11 PM
dizz
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nash doesn't play D so he's not the best

Paul

Rondo

Williams

Nash

Westbrook
10/30/10 7:30 PM
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul
Williams
Rondo
Westbrook
Nash
10/31/10 1:17 AM
The Destroyer88

Rose
DRose
Flash Rose
Pooh Rose

In that order.

And I agree with danger, Westbrook is sick.
10/31/10 2:36 AM
deus ex machina

LOL @ Nash not playing D. He won 2 MVP's while not playing D. Nash, Rose, Williams, Paul, Rondo. In no particular order.

Westbrook needs to up his shooting %'s and expand his range. He could also use some work on defense. Definitely a dynamic young talent though, good complement to KD.
10/31/10 3:41 PM
dizz
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deus ex machina - LOL @ Nash not playing D. He won 2 MVP's while not playing D. Nash, Rose, Williams, Paul, Rondo. In no particular order.

Westbrook needs to up his shooting %'s and expand his range. He could also use some work on defense. Definitely a dynamic young talent though, good complement to KD.

Love Nash, he is awesome, but he doesn't play D. And one of those MVPs should have gone to Kobe anyways. Nash is top 5 but not better than Paul or Rondo. IMO at least.
10/31/10 4:38 PM
sanguine cynic

1)Steve Nash

2)Chris Paul

3)Deron Williams

4)Rondo

5)Westbrook

maybe jason kidd..
10/31/10 7:16 PM
MadDog243
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Nash "doesnt play D" thing is and has been blown way out of proportion for years. He isnt a very good one on one defender but he is a good help defender, rotates fairly well, and draws tons of charges. I dont think he is much worse on D than other point guards his size.

Nash

Williams

Paul

Rondo

Rose

"And one of those MVPs should have gone to Kobe anyways"

Which one? The year the lakers didnt go to the playoffs or the year the Suns went down 3-1 then won the next three (including that 30 point decimation in game seven) to eliminate the Lakers?
10/31/10 8:09 PM
dangerboy12

No one else thinks James is the top PG? Not even top 5?
10/31/10 9:07 PM
deus ex machina

I know you're being facetious, but James is a forward, not a guard, so he would be a point forward.
10/31/10 9:08 PM
deus ex machina

dizz - 
deus ex machina - LOL @ Nash not playing D. He won 2 MVP's while not playing D. Nash, Rose, Williams, Paul, Rondo. In no particular order.

Love Nash, he is awesome, but he doesn't play D. And one of those MVPs should have gone to Kobe anyways. Nash is top 5 but not better than Paul or Rondo. IMO at least.

Uhm, why did you quote my post when you obviously weren't referencing it at all or didn't read any part of it.
11/1/10 11:54 AM
dangerboy12

deus ex machina - I know you're being facetious, but James is a forward, not a guard, so he would be a point forward.
On offense Lebron is most definitely the point, and when Miller comes back there won't even be any argument.

Just because a guy is 6'8" doesn't mean he can't play point. Ask Magic Johnson. He rarely defended the PG position either, yet people still knew he was the PG.

Lebron is the best point guard in the league once you get past the semantics and watch what the guy does on the court. Point Forward is not even a real position so don't hand me that mess.

11/1/10 4:05 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ comparing Lebron to Magic Johnson.
11/1/10 5:11 PM
dizz

PoundforPound - lol @ comparing Lebron to Magic Johnson.

In fairness, Kobe compared Lebron to Magic and I think he knows what he's talking about.

I get what dangerboy is saying...I disagree about him being #1 - Paul, Rondo, Nash, Westbrook, etc are all better. But I get the comparison.
11/1/10 6:48 PM
PoundforPound

Lebron wishes he could run a team and pass like Magic. If Kobe said that then he's wrong.
11/1/10 8:56 PM
dizz

PoundforPound - Lebron wishes he could run a team and pass like Magic. If Kobe said that then he's wrong.

I'm a Lakers fan, so trust me, I'm sensitive when people compare anyone to Magic.

Kobe meant it in the sense that he (Kobe) is like Jordan, whereas James is like Magic, in that Kobe is at heart a 1-on-1 player whereas James is a distributor. So in that sense, LBJ is more like Magic.

Obviously LBJ is nowhere near the PG Magic was; I don't think anyone is arguing that. But his skillset is more akin to Magic's than to Jordan's.
11/2/10 12:57 AM
EKPOGI
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D-Will
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Rajon Rondo
D.Rose(for now,until Westbrook gets it going)
11/3/10 7:56 PM
Jacob Lamb
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will John Wall make this list next year?
11/3/10 8:10 PM
PoundforPound

John Wall I don't think so, but Tyreke Evans might.
11/4/10 9:08 AM
Jacob Lamb

John Wall is averaging 23.7 points, 10.3 assists, and 4.0 steals per game so far.

Shooting 46.2% from the field.

I think he could be top five after a full year in the NBA.
11/4/10 9:52 AM
leglockfan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacob Lamb - John Wall is averaging 23.7 points, 10.3 assists, and 4.0 steals per game so far.

Shooting 46.2% from the field.

I think he could be top five after a full year in the NBA.
Small sample size of an 82 game trek but... damn he is impressive. 

11/5/10 1:47 PM
The Destroyer88

It's easy to look great when you are on a team with four future HoFers and Jermaine O'Neal. Rondo wouldn't have the success he is having now if he was on a team with a bunch of duds.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.