UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Reviewing Hand Histories

10/30/10 5:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kamikaze Emu
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm starting to dig into hand histories to help me work on my game. When reviewing I'm looking for blatant stupidity as well as running the pot odds, and thinking about the implied odds.

Do you gents and ladies have any hints, tips, or tricks when reviewing hand histories? What should I be focusing on when doing so, etc?

Thanks.
10/30/10 5:56 PM
PoWdA101
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say to know what hand you had a question on and find that hand rather than simply digging through random hand histories trying to find errors. Also, try taking these HH's and putting them through a converter so they are easier to read.
10/31/10 5:45 AM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually sort them by pot size, and review the biggest hands I lost. It's a good quick, efficient way to review a session but it has flaws of course.

A big aspect of the game a lot of people miss, is maximizing value with their good hands. It's extremely important to your win rate to be betting the river if you have the best hand. A lot of people just assume they played a hand well when they win it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.