UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Art Jimmerson Joins the UFC Gym Team

10/30/10 6:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
deevlash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fullmount.co.uk/index.php/mma-news/1-latest-news/830-art-jimmerson-joins-the-ufc-gym-

The One Gloved master from UFC 1 has been given a second chance with the UFC. He might be too old to grab secod chance at Royce but everybodies favourite UFC boxer has been given the chance to train up the 3rd generation of UFC strikers from California!

Personally I can't think of a UFC vet more deserving of this opportunity and more willing to put his whole into the future of others :)
10/30/10 6:06 PM
ShanTheMan
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was hoping it was the Corona location....oh well
10/30/10 9:24 PM
C1010
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ZugZug - Good for him. :)

x2 glad to see him staying busy.
10/30/10 9:27 PM
Cockblock
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wat
10/30/10 9:37 PM
NateTurnedMaiaLightsOff
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ZugZug - Good for him. :)
^ this

10/30/10 9:47 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the man.

10/30/10 9:59 PM
Mimi43

Wait a minute! What does this guy have to bring to future MMA fighters? Nothing! He fought once with one glove and did nothing! NOTHING!!
10/30/10 10:00 PM
Dennis Schurg

This is really, really good. I think the UFC should do more of this! I know Art had a good job at Pepsi, so this offer must have been quite lucrative or at the very least, worth his while. It's nice to see the UFC employ a veteran who is probably down on his luck a bit. 

Some other down on their luck guys who the UFC could employ at their gym's:

Ken Shamrock (I know it's a long shot.)
Gary Goodridge (Probably another long shot... but maybe if they open up a gym in Canada?)
Mark Kerr (I can't picture him being hard to deal with these days... he does have a nice job though.)

I could think of many more, but I'll leave it at that. There are plenty of MMA pioneers that need some help these days. 

10/30/10 10:05 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mimi43 - Wait a minute! What does this guy have to bring to future MMA fighters? Nothing! He fought once with one glove and did nothing! NOTHING!!
It's a god damn gym for Christ's sake. He brings a face that is a part of the history of the organization and has a professional boxing record of 33–18. Why are your panties in a bunch?

10/30/10 10:09 PM
armbarring
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mimi43 - Wait a minute! What does this guy have to bring to future MMA fighters? Nothing! He fought once with one glove and did nothing! NOTHING!!

You serious? Let me guess you think mma stand up is better than boxing? i would expect this kind of post from a 10er but a 06? for shame.
10/30/10 10:32 PM
SpiderRicco

Where is Fred Ettish? I hear he's a really good guy.
10/30/10 10:35 PM
Gforce
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy was a legitimate pro boxer with a winning record.

IF HE HAS TEACHING SKILLS, he fully deserves this shot, as he is part of UFC history and had the balls to get in the octagon nearly 20 years before any other pro boxer.
10/30/10 10:52 PM
YoungGunABKJ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not everyone is the best fighter, boxer, whatever..

but he may be a hell of a coach
10/31/10 12:06 AM
damaebushi
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SpiderRicco - Where is Fred Ettish? I hear he's a really good guy.

He hasn't gotten any job offers, I can guarantee you that!  But thanks for the shout out, though.

Respectfully:

Fred
10/31/10 1:39 AM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anybody ever questioned Jimmerson on why he put the one glove on his left jab hand instead of his power right hand?

what was the strategy behind that decision?

If he had put the boxing glove on the other hand he might have dominated the first 5 UFC's....how did he make that boneheaded mistake of putting the boxing glove on the wrong hand,.....what the hell was he thinking?
10/31/10 1:57 AM
DiSmAnTLeR

damaebushi - 

He hasn't gotten any job offers, I can guarantee you that!  But thanks for the shout out, though.

Respectfully:

Fred<br type="_moz" />

fred, theres been a lot of talk of an experienced fighter for a third commentator. you would be a positive addition to joe and goldie.
10/31/10 2:05 AM
Evilzpet

fightsfan - Has anybody ever questioned Jimmerson on why he put the one glove on his left jab hand instead of his power right hand?

If he had put the boxing glove on the other hand he might have dominated the first 5 UFC's....how did he make that boneheaded mistake of putting the boxing glove on the wrong hand,.....what the hell was he thinking?

Please elaborate on how putting the glove on his power hand would have allowed him to dominate the first 5 UFCs.
10/31/10 6:05 AM
Tkelly647
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evilzpet - 
fightsfan - Has anybody ever questioned Jimmerson on why he put the one glove on his left jab hand instead of his power right hand?

Please elaborate on how putting the glove on his power hand would have allowed him to dominate the first 5 UFCs.
The reason he didn't put his glove on his power hand was so it would hurt Royce more, he was also mostly a jabber, and he wanted to make sure his jabbing hand was ok for his boxing matchups

10/31/10 12:13 PM
Evilzpet

Tkelly647 - 
Evilzpet - 

The reason he didn't put his glove on his power hand was so it would hurt Royce more, he was also mostly a jabber, and he wanted to make sure his jabbing hand was ok for his boxing matchups

Jimmerson lost bc his ground game was shit, not because of
that stupid glove (which didnt help). Sry but I can't take a guy seriously who tappped out due to "bad position".
10/31/10 12:21 PM
damaebushi
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiSmAnTLeR - 
damaebushi - 

Respectfully:

Fred

fred, theres been a lot of talk of an experienced fighter for a third commentator. you would be a positive addition to joe and goldie.

I appreciate that.  Believe me, if the opportunity presented itself I would be all over it like Royce on Art.  I feel I would be qualified, since I have trained MMA or some aspect of it pretty much every day since UFC 2 and been trying to run a gym for some time now, and reffed, judged, and cornered a lot in the past.  Trouble is, I have only a very few experiences behind the mic on a small show up in MN, so don't have a lot of on - air presence, and there are a lot of more experienced, better known, more marketable fighters/ex-fighters out there that would probably be better received.  

Respectfully:

Fred
10/31/10 7:40 PM
deevlash

Hey, to the chap who was asking if anyone had ever asked him why he wore the one glove etc, yes they did!Heres a link;

http://www.fullmount.co.uk/index.php/mma-news/1-latest-news/739-art-one-glove-jimmerson-talks-james-toney-ufc-1
10/31/10 7:59 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was kidding, i.e being facetious about putting the glove on the other hand.....ANY SERIOUS OLD SCHOOL MMA'ER KNOWS IT WOULD NOT HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE as all strikers with no ground skills got schooled...PERIOD!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.