UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Garcia vs. Toner possible for TUF 12 finale

10/30/10 7:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

While the WEC will officially fold into the UFC beginning in 2011, the world's largest mixed martial arts promotion apparently isn't wasting any time to start playing with its new toys.

The UFC is looking to kick off its new featherweight division at The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale with a contest between Leonard Garcia (14-6-1 MMA, 4-3-1 WEC) and Tyler Toner (10-2 MMA, 1-1 WEC).

MMAjunkie.com today confirmed with sources close to the event that Garcia's camp has verbally agreed to the proposed contest, which was first reported by MMAWeekly.com, though bout agreements have not yet been distributed.

Additional sources suggested Toner may not yet have been approached in regards to the contest at the time of the original report.

read entire article...

10/30/10 8:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gingerman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might not be a bad idea, i would be interesting to thow a featherweight fight on the card and both fighters should put on a good show. These two wouldn't be my first choices to showcase the lighter weighter divisions, but should be interesting none the less
10/30/10 9:41 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG Luminary Tyler Toner will absolutely shitstomp Garcia
10/30/10 9:45 PM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toner would pick him apart Phone Post
10/30/10 9:51 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I was under the assumption they trained together.
10/30/10 9:53 PM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this fight though, hope it's televised Phone Post
10/31/10 2:21 AM
Evilzpet

Toner wins this easy
10/31/10 8:54 AM
MCchoke

fun fight
toner will win!
10/31/10 12:11 PM
Shane Carwin
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They don't really train together but I am certain they are pretty good friends. Garcia gets up here a couple times a year and I am not sure how often Tyler goes to Jacksons if at all.

They are for sure from the same camp. Tyler has a bright future in the UFC. He trains hard, teaches classes and is always improving. Garcia is a tough fight for anyone. He has UFC experience and has some big power. These are the thypes of guys that the UFC should be building IMO they can become stars in the UFC.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.