UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Coker confirms Rebney texts sent to old number

10/31/10 8:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMARising
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARising.com, Owner

I spoke with Scott Coker a few minutes ago and one of the things that was discussed was the ongoing Strikeforce-Bellator situation involving Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez.

BloodyElbow posted a note in their article with Bjorn Rebney's text messages yesterday that said that Mike Afromowitz had told them that Scott no longer uses that number. Scott tells me that he hasn't used it in months.

If Bjorn did send out those messages and the dozens of others that he claims to have sent, they went to a number that hasn't been used by Scott for quite some time.

Scott told me that Strikeforce is currently more focused on featuring Melendez in either a trilogy fight with Josh Thomson or rematches with Shinya Aoki or Tatsuya Kawajiri, but that fights with Billy Evangelista and/or Jorge Masvidal are also possible down the line. Lyle Beerbohm is also in the mix.
10/31/10 8:06 PM
brahmabull81
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gilbert pretty much wants Alvarez or to move on to the UFC.... so Coker better give him the fights he wants....

I mean why do you think Alvarez likes Bjorn so much? Because he does stuff like give him a superfight with Huerta when Huerta had technically blown it by losing the tourney and in no way deserved Eddie, because Eddie and the fans wanted it so bad.
10/31/10 8:16 PM
TheThrill
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOBODY wants to see gil-thomson 3,least of all those 2
10/31/10 8:16 PM
TheThrill
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont even wanna see an aoki rematch he got handled easily
10/31/10 8:17 PM
Irregular John
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheThrill - NOBODY wants to see gil-thomson 3,least of all those 2
For real.
10/31/10 8:28 PM
futon1
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheThrill - NOBODY wants to see gil-thomson 3,least of all those 2

Agreed. Let's move on.
10/31/10 8:30 PM
nyhcloyalty
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheThrill - i dont even wanna see an aoki rematch he got handled easily

Agreed 100%. At no point in that fight did Aoki show he was even close to in it, no need for a rematch. 
10/31/10 8:33 PM
Jefe de Jefes
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Typical strikeforce matchmaking Phone Post
10/31/10 8:37 PM
Twostep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Coker makes anything but Gilbert/Eddie then he's a moron. No one wants Thomson/Gil 3 no matter how good the first two fights were, and Gil dominated Aoki so bad I don't have any interest in a rematch. Evangelista doesn't have enough experience yet and no one knows who Beerbohm is.
10/31/10 8:42 PM
whoabro

lol @ rebney
10/31/10 8:44 PM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strikeforce has nothing to gain from an Alvarez/Melendez fight, it only benefits Bellator. Coker should just wait 6 months for Bellator to go under, then grab Alvarez.
10/31/10 9:22 PM
LambertCFMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So how about Coker gives him the new number so they can get this shit done. Then again, that makes too much sense and would be too easy.
10/31/10 9:24 PM
Poindexter
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/10 9:24 PM
butcher4 - Strikeforce has nothing to gain from an Alvarez/Melendez fight, it only benefits Bellator. Coker should just wait 6 months for Bellator to go under, then grab Alvarez.
It's one of the more legit fights they could put on - unless Herschel Walker on a main card is exciting to you, or watching part-time fighter Cung Le gas against the human punching bag.  I like the organization, but they have fucked up from day one of hooking up with CBS/Showtime.   
10/31/10 9:50 PM
MMARising

MMARising.com, Owner
LambertCFMMA - So how about Coker gives him the new number so they can get this shit done. Then again, that makes too much sense and would be too easy.

It would, but with Bjorn seemingly going out of his way to try to make Scott look bad (while sending texts that border on creepy/stalkerish), it's not exactly an incentive for Scott to work with him.
10/31/10 9:55 PM
JasonSB

Not interested in a trilogy.
10/31/10 9:57 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is his months-old abandoned phone number still functioning? Doesn't it cost money to keep it in service?
10/31/10 9:59 PM
brahmabull81
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did Scott know it was his old number? I thought the texts only showed a name (thus proving nothing)??
10/31/10 10:02 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texts are always a weird, juvenile way to conduct business in the initial stages anyway.

After you establish a relationship, then you text. You don't text somebody like a thirteen year old girl when trying to open big doors. Fucking CALL, like, with your voice. Leave messages with the secretary, and so forth.

LOL @ Rebney's tip-toe pubescent approach. What's next---a surge of suggestive tugs on Coker's e-sleeve via twitter?
10/31/10 10:08 PM
MMARising

MMARising.com, Owner
WoodenPupa - LOL @ Rebney's tip-toe pubescent approach. What's next---a surge of suggestive tugs on Coker's e-sleeve via twitter?

I hope he sends the Tweets to FakeCoker by mistake. That would be hilarious.
10/31/10 10:35 PM
WoodenPupa

Shows you where the sport generally is beyond the UFC. Not that I think Dana and co. are a shining grace to the sport (plenty of good, plenty of bad there). But at least they know how to swing the bat.

Imagine an NFL player agent moaning on Youtube about how his texts to the Cowboys on behalf of his client are being ignored. That's a guy you lure out into an open pasture so he can be put down.

Or somebody you encourage to try out for Broadway. Either way, it's clear he belongs in another world.
10/31/10 10:45 PM
brahmabull81

homo sapient - gil/thompson 3 is a good fight, first 2 were great so at least you know you gonna get a decent show

gil/aoki in the ring is also interesting

Gilbert doesnt gain anything from those fights at all. He wants to continue moving forward and finding new challenges. If Coker wont do it, UFCs 155 division will.
11/1/10 12:50 AM
MMAsurvival

Gilbert Melendez and Nick Diaz both need to get out of their contracts and sign elsewhere. I'm not saying the UFC, but maybe Bellator.
Scott Coker has always claimed he wants to make the best fights possible, but over the last year he's been full of shit. He went out and signed all these fighters to contracts and have basically frozen them out.

Siyar Bahadurzada signed with Strikeforce almost 6 months ago and doesn't know when he's going to fight. No dialogue from Coker, nothing. This is complete bullshit, not only for fans, but for fighters who have signed with Strikeforce.
Where the hell are these guys? These guys are barely fighting twice a year for Strikeforce.
Henderson, Mousasi, Bahadurzada, Shaolin, Fancy Pants, Lawler, Daley, Masvidal, Amoussou, Rockhold, Kharitonov, Saffiedine, Jacare, Tim Kennedy, Del Rosario, Feijao, Roger Gracie, Cung Le, Scott Smith, Radach, Yancy Medeiros, Barnett, Cormier

No wonder Jay Hieron got the fuck out of there, he was tired of waiting for Scott Coker to take his head out of his ass and get his promotion moving forward rather than trying to best the UFC.
11/1/10 12:56 AM
Gordo1581
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 - How did Scott know it was his old number? I thought the texts only showed a name (thus proving nothing)??
11/1/10 12:57 AM
cdmontgo
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why don't these guys get a Google Voice number?  The same number would transfer to any phone they use (cell or otherwise), you get free VoIP, and you can send free texts from google.com/voice.  Also, you can setup personalized voicemail greetings.  For instance: Bjorn, LOL @ Ben beating Nick.  I mean seriously... have your supplier call me.  That's some primo shit you have.  On second thought, I'll ask Nick.
11/1/10 12:58 AM
MMAsurvival

Bloodyelbow's Kid Nate confirmed the phone number yesterday. They are always doing interviews with Coker, so Coker is completely full of shit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.