UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pedro Rizzo vs Tim Sylvia winner back in the UFC?

11/1/10 9:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

While a heavyweight showdown between former UFC champions Pedro Rizzo and Tim Sylvia may provide fireworks on the feet, the winner will not be provided a UFC contract. Contrary to several published reports (see below), UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com that he has made no such promises to either of his ex-employees.

"Where the f--- did that come from?" White asked with a laugh.

"Pedro Rizzo is a great dude. I have a good relationship with him. I've always had respect for him.

"In no way, shape or form do I want to disrespect Pedro because I really do like him, but he needs to retire. I'd like to see Pedro retire."

Rizzo debuted for the UFC in 1998 and quickly became a prominent figure in the growing sport, with a failed title attempt at then champion Kevin Randleman. Following a 2003 win over Ricco Rodriguez, he left the UFC with a 9-5 record in the octagon. "The Rock" is currently on a three-fight win streak with victories over Ken Shamrock, Gary Goodridge and Jeff Monson.

Read entire article...

Pedro Rizzo: “Leaving the UFC was the biggest mistake of my career”

Pedro Rizzo is excited about his upcoming fight with Tim Sylvia, which should take place in early 2011. “Dana White mentioned that the winner should get another chance in the Ultimate Fighting Championship,” said Rizzo, 36.

“Tim is two meters tall and has great reach, and that means I have to change my way of fighting. I can’t stand still, I’ll have to move around the whole time."

“As the date hasn’t been set, it’s just a verbal agreement, so I’m getting back to light training. But I want to have a good performance. Who knows? Maybe I’ll manage a return to the UFC. I feel really comfortable fighting in that Octagon. I feel leaving there was the biggest mistake of my career, my great regret."

“I left on my own volition, but at that time I felt stagnant and the big heavyweight challenges were in Japan. I always went after the toughest matches, so I had to face the guys in Pride. What to do? It didn’t work out. But today, with Cain Velasquez as champion, the UFC is really well represented. I feel Cain could even take out Fedor Emelianenko."

Read entire article...

11/1/10 9:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MahatmaPetey
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing Tim back in the UFC. I can't stand the guy, but he's a tough fight for a lot people.
11/1/10 9:14 PM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Big Cheese
Timmy!
11/1/10 9:21 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

winner has to go on the next season of TUF to return to the UFC.
11/1/10 9:26 PM
Kostakio
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this a joke?? The UFC should pursue Arlovski and Barnett if they want former fighters. Phone Post
11/1/10 9:35 PM
nyhcloyalty
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awww Tim is going to ruin a lot of fanboys dreams when he comes back and starts taking out the likes of Schaub, Carwin, etc.
11/1/10 9:36 PM
StevetheWeasel
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool. I'd love to see both of these guys back in the mix.
11/1/10 9:55 PM
Slapnutz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict timmy wins by boring decision and then we get to see silvia vs brock late spring of 2011
11/1/10 10:09 PM
HELWIG

Interesting claim is that Sylvia had negotiated a provision that barred him from having to fight RIzzo in the UFC when he signed.
11/1/10 10:18 PM
MahatmaPetey
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I remember hearing about that. I wonder how true it is.
11/1/10 10:31 PM
MuayTy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Tim if we take the mercer fight as it is an embaressment altogether that shouldnt have happened and was tim at his very lowest with him on a serious rebound but rizzo was shot when he left ufc but now does any1 feel hes improved since the loss to yvel(whos not in the ufc no more?) any way isnt there more interesting young HW fighters out there? Phone Post
11/1/10 10:39 PM
The Sultan
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riley Freeman - Jesus... can't we just get some fresh faces in the UFC?

pretty much the entire HW division is full of "fresh faces"
11/1/10 10:41 PM
Andymac86

i wouldn't mind seeing either get another crack ...i am a fan of both
11/1/10 10:46 PM
Hektik_1

Pedro is my favorite fighter ever. Hope this is true. That would be awesome.
11/1/10 10:49 PM
via arm triangle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill be rooting for Pedro in this one.The last thing be need is a safety first fighter.We have enough of those in the welterweight division already
11/2/10 12:28 AM
Doem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tim i think could still win in the ufc
rizzo cant
11/2/10 12:36 AM
frontrowbrian

It's amazing War on the Mainland can afford to do another show. They sold 200 tickets for their last show. Independent wrestling shows in VFW halls draw more than that 
11/2/10 12:45 AM
JDV
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anybody show me where Dana White said the winner should get back in the UFC?  I find this a bit hard to believe...
11/2/10 1:18 AM
Jack Skellington
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no, neither man deserves to be back
11/2/10 1:33 AM
lildragonof
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rizzo.
11/2/10 2:42 AM
Jons Forsberg

Edited: 11/02/10 2:43 AM
I feel Cain could even take out Fedor Emelianenko.

he talks as if Fedor was still undefeated. Fedor is still the man to beat at HW even tough he just lost his last fight. everyone just knows he's ranked #1.
11/2/10 3:00 AM
KimuraCrunch

Rizzo is one of my all time favs but I think he's kinda shot. too many battles, too many brutal KOs.
11/2/10 4:28 AM
Okkun
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing how Timmay would do against the new breed of UFC HW's.

11/2/10 10:37 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KimuraCrunch - Rizzo is one of my all time favs but I think he's kinda shot. too many battles, too many brutal KOs.

affliction was brutal
11/2/10 11:17 AM
Dragon X

This will be a good fight, a lot of striking

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.