UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Exchange program to Brazil

11/2/10 2:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Inevitable
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi everyone,

I'm a sophomore in college(business major) and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. I am thinking about doing an exchange program with Brazil to learn Portuguese. As far as locations, I can go to Sao Paulo, Rio, or Floripa. Sao Paulo and Rio will be about the same price, while Floripa would cost several thousand dollars more.

So my question is, what city should I go to? Rio sounds great of course, Sao Paulo sounds to crowded, and Floripa sounds like paradise. While I would like to train as much as possible while I am over there, it will not be my focus. I just want to have a great time and experience the Brazilian culture.

So what do you guys think?
1/18/11 9:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
simthefarmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I spent 3 months travelling around brazil.

I loved Rio. Spent about 1 month out of me 3 months there. You have the beach right in the city and lot of things to do. I like the "feel" that i got from the city. I have brazilian friends that live in Sao Paulo and they didn't understand that i would stay in Rio for that long. They are super-scared of the crime or whatever. But i didn't really feel threatened personally.

Sao Paulo is a nice city with good restaurants and bars, but you need to know where to go. Tourists often find it boring, i had friends there so they showed me the good spots. Nice city, but not super exciting i would say.

Floripa is really nice. It's basically a large island with a main city and many different villages spread around the island. Beaches are beautiful and it is where i found the hottest women in brazil. I thought i would spend 2 days there but ended up staying 2 weeks. I would probably have stayed longer but time was running out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.