he bets 30

I raise to 100

he calls

turn comes 6s

he checks

I go all in

he calls

river comes 10s

he turns over As 2s and rivers me with a flush, wtf, did i do anything wrong??

I know this mfer was talking shit like he played the hand great, blah blah blah, meanwhile he had nothing til he lucked out on the river, shit he didnt even have flush draw after the flop!
11/3/10 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrapplerHK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was the last hand I played of live poker, over a month ago. That one took the desire to play right outa me, I know I know "thats poker" lol
11/3/10 1:03 PM
PoWdA101
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah nothing you can do there. The truth is that you want people to play like he did. He was handing you money and got lucky on the river.

"That's poker."
11/3/10 1:16 PM
GrapplerHK

yea man tx, thats wat i was thinking, hurts dropping 300 like that tho....and the dumbass sitting there with 600+ explaining how he played the hand just rite lmfao
11/3/10 7:47 PM
VectorWega

Wow, you play really bad.
11/3/10 8:05 PM
GrapplerHK

thanks vector, but plz explain how ud have played your AA differently, Im willing to learn
11/3/10 8:13 PM
VectorWega

I wouldn't get sucked out on by A2 that's for sure.
11/3/10 10:25 PM
Spuds Buckley
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is the worst bad beat I have ever heard of, man, thanks for sharing!
11/4/10 2:08 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spuds Buckley  - That is the worst bad beat I have ever heard of, man, thanks for sharing!

I just got hit with the worst beat of my career.

Playing limit:

button raise, sb call, I 3bet with JJ from bb, both call. Flop JTT. I bet and 2 calls. Turn ten, I bet button calls sb folds. River ten, now I'm playing the board. I turn my flopped top boat into a bluff and he calls with J9 to chop. Drawing dead on the flop with about 1000-1 to chop and then has to make a thin river call. FML....chopping there hurt worse then when I flopped a straight flush and lost.
11/4/10 7:22 AM
PR
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrapplerHK - thanks vector, but plz explain how ud have played your AA differently, Im willing to learn

Your preflop reraise is likely too small, and your flop raise is also likely too small.

It's possible that if I was there playing at your table, I could see conditions that would make your bet sizing correct, but it's very likely you needed to raise larger both preflop and on the flop.
11/4/10 7:23 AM
PR
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pf should probably be to 40-50ish
11/4/10 12:12 PM
GrapplerHK

I understand PR tx, just the 1-2 tables I play at in AC usually if you bet 40-50pf u get no callers, I cant remember seeing a bet that high Pf. In this case MAYBE he calls that bet Pf, then folds after the flop and I win the hand, so I see ur point. I cud have also gone ALL IN after the flop, but I thought I was ahead (I was) and was trying to get more money out of him.
11/4/10 1:43 PM
PR

Edited: 11/04/10 1:44 PM
Don't watch what other people do GHK, people are idiots. Villain has already raise from UTG - signaling he thinks he has a strong hand. So you want to put him in as tough a spot as possible.
11/4/10 2:07 PM
andre
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based on the way the villain played when he had absolutely nothing on the flop, I dont think there was a bet you could make preflop, short of shoving, that could have gotten him off the hand. Was he drunk by any chance? Seriously?

You made it 16X the BB and he called with A2s. With an idiot like that, there simply is no way to really analyze your play. You got it in with the best of it the whole way, until the jackass hit runner-runner.

I agree with PR in theory, but I think that in this specific case, when the guy is calling nearly half his stack with absolutely nothing and no draws, its hard to say whether a bigger bet would have done anything. The guy was in love with his suited ace and he probably thinks he played it brilliantly.
11/4/10 2:16 PM
SiftMyMind

andre - Based on the way the villain played when he had absolutely nothing on the flop, I dont think there was a bet you could make preflop, short of shoving, that could have gotten him off the hand. Was he drunk by any chance? Seriously?

You made it 16X the BB and he called with A2s. With an idiot like that, there simply is no way to really analyze your play. You got it in with the best of it the whole way, until the jackass hit runner-runner.

I agree with PR in theory, but I think that in this specific case, when the guy is calling nearly half his stack with absolutely nothing and no draws, its hard to say whether a bigger bet would have done anything. The guy was in love with his suited ace and he probably thinks he played it brilliantly.

This
11/4/10 2:18 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 11/04/10 2:19 PM
...and ...not to mention that he had absolutly nothing on the flop (not even a decent draw) and called a $70 raise to his $30 bet.
11/4/10 2:20 PM
GrapplerHK

Tx andre, well it was like 5am, he was young and cocky and yes i cud see he was drinking but I didnt think he was drunk, I had only played with him for less than an hour and he hadnt done anything crazy up to this point.

It was 1 of those things where 1 minute I'm really pissed at what happened, then I go over it in my head again and convince myself I played it good, try to analyze it my head again, think if I would do it differently....
11/4/10 2:45 PM
andre
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definitely have to agree with PR in the sense that if you have seen the guy make similar types of plays (you know him to be a calling station), then you have to substantially overcharge him for every card. Seems like you didnt have that read on him exactly.
11/4/10 2:50 PM
PoWdA101
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't agree with raising more pre at all. Seriously, you need some action, that raise was healthy and very correct. if you raised more maybe a dollar or two, any more than that and you are misplaying your hand. You played it right, no more need to analyze the hand.

Donkeys gonna donk. What can you do?
11/4/10 2:55 PM
SiftMyMind

PoWdA101 - I don't agree with raising more pre at all. Seriously, you need some action, that raise was healthy and very correct. if you raised more maybe a dollar or two, any more than that and you are misplaying your hand. You played it right, no more need to analyze the hand.

Donkeys gonna donk. What can you do?

Agreed.
11/4/10 5:13 PM
VectorWega

GrapplerHK - Tx andre, well it was like 5am, he was young and cocky 

He had a right to be cocky.  He absolutely owned your ass.
11/6/10 2:17 AM
VectorWega

Flat calling in the BB with AA with 2 players already in the pot is retarded.  You deserve to lose that hand.
11/7/10 12:56 PM
Spuds Buckley
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VectorWega -  Flat calling in the BB with AA with 2 players already in the pot is retarded.  You deserve to lose that hand.
11/7/10 4:07 PM
PR

VectorWega -  Flat calling in the BB with AA with 2 players already in the pot is retarded.  You deserve to lose that hand.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.