UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> WEF Card update

11/4/10 6:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jamie Levine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

go to www.WEFMMA.com for all the details.
Saunders vs. Harshbarger #4 of the top fights to watch this year. NICE!
11/6/10 7:18 AM
Jamie Levine

weigh-ins went kinda rough. lots of guys didnt make weight. Im going to push for the commission to allow fighters to check there weight prior to weigh ins on the scale that they will be weighing in on.

right now the commission does not allow anyone to check weight on the official scale that they weigh in on.
11/6/10 7:18 AM
Jamie Levine

weigh-ins went kinda rough. lots of guys didnt make weight. Im going to push for the commission to allow fighters to check there weight prior to weigh ins on the scale that they will be weighing in on.

right now the commission does not allow anyone to check weight on the official scale that they weigh in on.
11/6/10 9:39 AM
RFC-Biotch

good card
11/6/10 10:10 AM
breakit

What were the weights?
11/7/10 6:11 PM
breakit

results?
11/7/10 6:42 PM
Gomrad
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

<br />World Extreme Fighting (WEF) – 11/6/10<br />November 7th, 2010 Posted in RECAPS Write comment<br />http://lockedinmma.com/159<br /><br />There were finishes galore on Saturday night as Jamie Levine brought his World Extreme Fighting promotion to the Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee, FL. Out of the eleven fights, only one went to the final bell and was scored by the judges. There was plenty of action, and with more knock outs than tap outs on the night, it made for an exciting fight card. Even before the fights began something unusual, but interesting, took place inside the cage. Two people decided to exchange wedding vows, (instead of blows), at center cage and the patrons were treated to a pre-fight wedding.<br /><br />On the fight card there were first timers and veterans, much anticipated debuts and guys trying to get their career on track. All the fighters came to do battle and the action was nonstop, even from the beginning. There were even a few familiar faces around the arena, most notably Seth Petruzelli and Tom Lawlor, both of the Jungle in Orlando. Petruzelli was on hand to do color commentating and Lawlor took over cornering duties for the Jungle fighters.<br /><br />Without further delay, let’s get to the recap of all that ensued Saturday night.<br /><br />Josh Montoro vs. Joey Galaso<br />Galaso entered the cage with a scowl and definitely won the mean face award for the night. With his hair dyed red, white, and blue, he looked an imposing figure to start. Montoro would not be intimidated though. The fight got off to a quick start with both fighters meeting in the center and exchanged right away. Just as the fans were settling in, Montoro won the better of the first exchange and landed a right hook to the forehead of Galaso who crumbled immediately. The shot was so hard it literally knocked the dust, or powder off of Galaso in a cloud around his head. Galaso was out for several minutes and needed paramedics to attend to him, and at one point it even appeared he was seizing. After an extended period of time, Galaso was helped from the ring and seemed to be doing better. Montoro was elated with the win in his pro debut, but it was hard to celebrate the win when his opponent was laying, almost lifeless, on the mat. The first match ended in a quick 18 seconds.<br /><br />Brett Harold vs. Fred Lanna<br />This fight also offered a match up of two fighters making their pro debuts. Harold, a Jungle product, looked every bit the ready to fight American Top Team member Lanna. Once the bell rang it was apparent both fighters were ready to get it on. There was a big exchange of punches and Lanna landed a powerful body kick but Harold seemed unfazed and began to unload. Harold landed a three punch combo that sent Lanna to the mat. Harold then pounced on Lanna and added a few more shots for good measure rendering Lanna unconscious. Just like the first fight of the night, it seemed this one was over as quickly as it began. Harold said later in a post fight interview that he wanted to keep the fight standing. “That guy is a purple belt so I didn’t want it to stay on the ground. I’m a blue belt so I thought I could hold my own if I got taken down and was on my back. I’ve been working my stand up but I was also a kickboxer before.” Harold also added that he didn’t picture a knock out but would definitely take it for his first win. “He caught me with that hard body kick, and I just unloaded.”<br /><br />Jason Valle vs. Daniel Wynn<br />Daniel Wynn’s debut was an anticipated one as the member of Jungle Fitness came into this fight with a 5-0 amateur record. Throughout the fight his striking looked extremely crisp and he was able to take Valle down almost at will. It appeared Wynn was dropped by a Valle punch early, but he didn’t seem hurt and was able to get up after a short tussle on the ground. Valle tied him up on the cage as the combatants exchanged blows and Wynn exited the entanglement with a hard knee. Both fighters kept a torrid pace and the exchanges were brutal. Wynn’s strikes caused bleeding to start from Valle’s left eye and nose. It looked like Wynn was way ahead when he got caught in a triangle after taking down Valle. The fight ended at 3:31 in the first round. Petruzelli was later asked about his fiery prospect and said he didn’t understand why Wynn kept going for the take down. “He needs to practice his jiu jitsu more. He has plenty of brown and black belts to roll with at the gym. He should have won, he was winning on his feet the whole time. With a little more practice he is going to be good.” Wynn admitted that his BJJ was lacking. “I definitely need to start training my jiu jitsu more. I have a wrestling background and I have been working my striking a lot. I didn’t want it to stay on the ground for long because I knew he would know that was the weak part of my game the longer it was there. The plan was to stay standing up with some take downs and ground and pound but let him back up.” Wynn added that he hoped for a rematch with Valle and that he was never really hurt during the fight and felt he was winning until the submission. A loss is a tough way to start your pro career but with a little seasoning this kid will be good. I hope to see some more of him in the future.<br /><br />
11/7/10 6:45 PM
Gomrad
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

”Pretty” Ricky Texidor vs. Seth Basler<br />One of the longer fights of the night, Texidor would finish the fight just before the final bell in the third round. Texidor is another fighter from the Jungle and controlled most of the fight. Both fighters pushed the pace in the first two rounds and submission attempts were flying left and right. In the second stanza both fighters were on the ground with Texidor leaning over Basler when Basler struck Texidor with a knee. The fight was stopped momentarily and Texidor was deemed able to continue. Several times Texidor had tremendous take downs, raising Basler almost over his head and slamming him to the mat. Texidor stayed busy the whole time, whether on top or on bottom he was always looking for a submission attempt or landing strikes. In the third round Texidor looked dominate and took Basler’s back and set his hooks in. He remained there for most of the round trying to soften Basler up for the choke with blows to both sides of his head. Finally, the ref had enough and called the fight due to Basler basically giving up and not trying to do anything to avoid Texidor’s strikes anymore. Texidor wins his pro debut by TKO.<br /><br />Jeremy Spada vs. Tim Palmer<br />In the shortest fight of the evening, it took Spada only nine seconds to end Palmer’s night. Spada connected with a three punch combo, the last of which was a right hook that folded Palmer and ended the fight. Spada jumped around the ring like a wild man but in the end was gracious for Palmer taking the fight. Palmer, who fought Spencer Fisher in 2002, suffered his sixth straight loss.<br /><br /><br /><br />
Gomrad

Bob Edwards vs. Scott Gomrad<br />Gomrad looked like he would make quick work of Edwards in the beginning. Gomrad picked Edwards up almost over his head and slammed him to the canvas early in the bout. Gomrad was scrambling between top control and side control on the ground and almost ended the fight with a guillotine choke. Edwards fended off the submission attempt and ended up on top. Soon after Edwards took Gomrad’s back and began to strike relentlessly and managed to lock in a rear naked choke causing The Jungle’s Gomrad to tap at 1:18 in the first round. Bob Edwards, out of American Top Team, secured his first professional victory in a battle of first timers. Gomrad was easily the fan favorite, but couldn’t draw on the support of the crowd to garner his first win.<br /><br />
Gomrad

Vinnie Samero vs. Gert Kocani<br />With a slow start, this fight didn’t end the way it began. The action grew faster and more hard hitting as the fight progressed. Samero looked worse for the wear by the end of the first round, beaten and bloody, but still a very game opponent coming into the second round. After trying for submission attempts and paying for them not sticking by getting elbows and fists to the face, Samero elected to try to stand up more with Kocani. He paid the price on his feet too. Kocani systematically picked Samero apart with jabs and hard strikes. Early in the second round Samero shied away from the action holding his right eye. The fight was briefly stopped by the ref but he made Samero continue fighting. Samero did manage to land a take down but quickly found himself in a triangle and struggled to get out. Free from that, both fighters offered rabbit punches while on the ground and with the action at a standstill the ref stood them up. Samero was visibly tired and beaten after this. Kocani came forward mightily with kicks to the body and an uppercut and hook combo. Kocani continued his barrage while forcing Samero up against the cage and the fight was called by the ref. Kocani earned the stoppage TKO due to strikes at 3:42 in the second round.
11/7/10 6:46 PM
Gomrad

Vicious” Brian Van Hoven vs. Greg Loughran<br />Both fighters poured it on for this match up and neither would give in until the final bell sounded. Van Hoven would earn the unanimous decision, but not without tough opposition from Loughran who proved to be a tough test. The Irishman Loughran, is a seasoned fighter and was definitely more experienced with 34 fights on his resume’. Van Hoven, who was formerly an Army Ranger, had just seven fights in his pro career. The first round was a tough one to call and the judges job wasn’t envied at all. Both fighters showed great striking, take downs, and scrambling on the ground. Loughran made the round close by repeated submission attempts, especially a kimura that looked pretty tight right before the round was over. The second round offered more of the same but it appeared that Loughran controlled the fight more during the round. Loughran caught an attempted kick and took Van Hoven down and remained on top in and out of Van Hoven’s guard for most of the round. But, in the third frame it was all Van Hoven. He started the round off by picking Loughran up and slamming him on his head and neck. Van Hoven remained on top landing blows and foiling submission attempts. Loughran managed to get up towards the end of the round but still ate shots throughout. The bout was scored 29-28, all judges in favor of Van Hoven.<br /><br />Michael Joiner vs. Eliton Sarmento<br />Joiner entered the ring looking stiff and not ready to fight. Once the bell rang, it was a different story. Joiner, who was 0-5 prior to this fight, threw good looking strikes and kicks, but none of them landed solid. Sarmento pinned Joiner up against the cage to try to counter Joiner’s reach advantage and then took him down. Joiner looked at first as if might be able to handle himself on the ground, practicing good head control on his opponent and taking limited damage. However, once Sarmento took Joiner’s back, it seemed to be all over after that. Sarmento battered Joiner with left handed shots from the top trying to soften him up and flatten him out. Sarmento then rolled Joiner over, still keeping his position, and sunk in the rear naked choke. Joiner immediately tapped and that was the end of the evening for him. Sarmento took the win with the submission at 3:35 in the first round.<br /><br />Bogdan Cristea vs. Bruce “The Noose” Connors<br />Being seated next to one of Cristea’s teammates from ATT, it was interesting to hear a little background on this fighter. He was described as extremely strong and an animal, and he showed every bit of that in this battle, although at the start of the fight you would have never guessed it. Cristea entered the ring and went to his corner and immediately sat down and didn’t stand up until just before the fight began. He looked extremely relaxed, but it was odd to watch. Connors, a Gracie Barra disciple, looked determined as the fight began and most of the way through the first round. Midway through the round Connors hit Cristea with a devastating blow to the head and dropped him. Connors immediately jumped at this opportunity and lunged at Cristea landing blows to the face as he settled in his guard. At one point the ref asked Cristea if he was okay, in which he replied, “Perfect”, even if he didn’t look it. Cristea then scrambled to his feet, grabbed a hold of Connors and launched him into a big belly to belly slam, landing on top and bashing Connors with punches until the round ended. Connors came out swinging wildly after the break. Connors landed a takedown but the result was Cristea ending up in side control which he changed into north south position. Cristea slapped on a side mount guillotine but couldn’t hold on. Later in the fight Cristea achieved the mount and rained down with several hard punches. Once a large cut was opened up over Connor’s left eye and the blood was flowing everywhere, it was a matter of time before the fight would be called. Cristea continued his abuse until the fight was stopped. Cristea won by TKO at 3:55 in the second round. When asked by the announcer how the fight went in his post fight interview, Cristea simply replied, “It went good, I won.”<br /><br />Main Event<br />Elijah Harshbarger vs. Ben “Killa B” Saunders<br />Ha
11/7/10 6:46 PM
Gomrad

http://lockedinmma.com/159
11/7/10 6:47 PM
Gomrad

so how do I get a green name? That was one of the main reasons I got in there last night, ha ha ha....
11/7/10 7:06 PM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gomrad you gotta e-mail Kirik or Chris.

And Congrats on stepping in there man! We're all proud of you!
11/7/10 7:15 PM
Gomrad

thanks. you know there email address or how I can find it?
11/7/10 7:32 PM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kirik@mixedmartialarts.com
11/8/10 11:49 AM
FRANKI2154
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't able to make it to the fights due to having commentary duties in New York. Congrats to all the ATT fighters, especially ATT Orlando. ttt for all the Orlando fighters. There is a lot of talent in Orlando.-Luigi
11/21/10 10:04 PM
bayna

I see my recap made it up here from the site. I hope to work with you guys again and it was a pleasure attending. Let me know about Jacksonville, Mr. Levine.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.