UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> 5th degree BB in Vancouver

11/6/10 11:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yusul
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/10 11:52 PM
''if socrates asked you for your bjj black belt linage, what would you say to him?<br /></blockquote><br /><br />

I would say Mr Socrates to be honestly Sir its really none of your business, unless you are paying me money to teach you.''<br /><br /><br />

ermmmmmmm....in the history of martial arts, every famous teacher has been proud of legitimate lineage. it proves that they learned the authentic product. if one looks at china and even japan, tim henry should realize people are proud of their instructor's lineage, because of how extensive the written records are. even in jujutsu, the ryu are traceable in japan. <br /><br />

even in thailand, it's easy to trace records and who the trainers of fighters are. <br /><br />

it might be a stretch, but i would assume that in a business sense, people would rather have a legit tag hauer rather than a knock off, or a m.d. trained from an recognized school and registered with a state/province than a fake doctor to help them with their problems. <br /><br />

it seems like shihan henry is saying that the buyer, consumer, prospective student shouldn't know in advance what the credentials are. this sounds like a fine way to do business, or a way to find any educational institution. except i don't know any intelligent person who does business this way.
11/7/10 1:36 AM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/10 1:42 AM
11/7/10 1:04 AM
Phil999

I had pleasure to train with the Gracie Family back in 80s and had the wonderful experience while on a visit tothe Torrance academy in the 90s to actually go on the mat wity GrandMaster Helio, it was a landmark moment that I will never forget. after 39 years of training in the arts I still have to say that 45 minutes with Grand Master Helio Gracie was a definite crowning achievement. It with great Sadness and Deep respect to all members of the gracie Family especially to my personal teacher Royce that we offer our deepest and profound condolences in this incredible loss. The world loved your Father almost as much as you did and he will be sorely missed. He taught the world and now its his time to rest.

Shihan Tim Henry
11/7/10 1:07 AM
Tim Henry

You people are incredibly funny lol I did not say I not incredibly proud of my lineage or any of my teachers and I had the great fortune of training with some incredible individuals.You have all made the exact assumptions I knew you would, which is typical of how people think when in forums on the net.

All so called honorable martial artists, with proud heritage and use words like respect and honor yet act no different than a bully on a playground lol its actually very entertaining. Heres a tidbit for you to entice your sense of thinking you know all about me. How many of you had the pleasure of rolling with GM Helio Gracie umm I did in and it sure wasnt a seminar I can say that for fact.lol and if you need further proof ask Royce himself, hes the one who was standing right there.

Oh but wait Im a nobody who has no background because God forbid I denounced a title on an internet page. Wow then on top of that YUSUL says Im a bad businessman the worst lol yet my classes are full all the time and I have a large private class database hmmmm guess Im not really that bad.

The truly funny thing is gents I neither accepted or denied claim to your questions I merely chose to not answer. But instead you attempt the same tactics of the bullies that we as martial artists are sworn to fight against, by saying because I dont answer I this or that or I have no crdibility, or the only person to not want to flaunt their BB which by the way in the world are given out like Candy on so many levels they have lost their meaning to a very large degree.

No to be quite frank with you gentleman, I find this whole thing so amusingly juvenile to see grown men and MA's acting in such a manner of attempting to hurt another person through, degredation, intimidation etc is quite frankly very sad.And to think that many of you are in a position of teaching, gives me pause as to the direction MA is heading.

Never the less always remember innocent till proven guilty but that doesnt seem to apply to you gents:)
Anyhow, I wasnt going to come back in but unfortunately my juvenile curiousity got the best of me, thinking that just maybe you'd prove me wrong about net forums but no such luck.

But truth be told gents,if ya want to call me a liar please come do it to my face, thats at least an adult way of handling it.

No matter all the best and please don't waste the rest of your precious life on little old me, unless of course deep down you feel Im really that important to you, cause you certainly are making it feel that way.

In the absence of fact does not mean your free to add in your own If that were the case our legal system would be far worse than it is. I owe noone here anything including answers or explanations, I choose to spend the time I have till now out of humor, curousity and courtesy all which have ran their welcome thin.

So good luck with your training, I certainly hope you stick to your training regiment more than you have here the tenents of the arts you practice. Humility, Respect, Honor,SELF SELF DISCIPLINE!not just words. Think about that and in how you respond to this reply and I know you will lol thats the truly funny part, you cant help yourself you have to. Well a real Master of himself would be able to temper his words and not be drawn into such childish. So guess well see who truly is a master.
11/7/10 1:09 AM
Phil999

SHIHAN 'S 10 FAVORITE STREET TECHNIQUES VOLUME 1

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=5694989299&topic=5962

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5694989299
11/7/10 1:15 AM
Tim Henry

Edited: 11/07/10 1:56 AM
<blockquote>Phil999 - I had pleasure to train with the Gracie Family back in 80s and had the wonderful experience while on a visit tothe Torrance academy in the 90s to actually go on the mat wity GrandMaster Helio, it was a landmark moment that I will never forget. after 39 years of training in the arts I still have to say that 45 minutes with Grand Master Helio Gracie was a definite crowning achievement. It with great Sadness and Deep respect to all members of the gracie Family especially to my personal teacher Royce that we offer our deepest and profound condolences in this incredible loss. The world loved your Father almost as much as you did and he will be sorely missed. He taught the world and now its his time to rest.<br /><br />Shihan Tim Henry</blockquote><br /><br />Thank you Phil for finding that for me I forgot all about that. Sad day when GM Helio passed on, but yes truly wonderful day to actually learn a few things from the man personally was incredible. Amazing skill.Unfortunately my Portuguese wasnt that great and his accent was very strong, but Royce was kind enough to translate for him.Then after that a great lunch at the little cafe around the corner from the Academy with lots of fresh fruit :) Thanks again for taking the time to dig this up for me.Funny thing is Im pretty sure it was for negative intention not to give me a nice walk down memory lane lol
11/7/10 1:16 AM
Robin Black
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim Henry - You people are incredibly funny lol I did not say I not incredibly proud of my lineage or any of my teachers and I had the great fortune of training with some incredible individuals.You have all made the exact assumptions I knew you would, which is typical of how people think when in forums on the net.

All so called honorable martial artists, with proud heritage and use words like respect and honor yet act no different than a bully on a playground lol its actually very entertaining. Heres a tidbit for you to entice your sense of thinking you know all about me. How many of you had the pleasure of rolling with GM Helio Gracie umm I did in and it sure wasnt a seminar I can say that for fact.lol and if you need further proof ask Royce himself, hes the one who was standing right there.

Oh but wait Im a nobody who has no background because God forbid I denounced a title on an internet page. Wow then on top of that YUSUL says Im a bad businessman the worst lol yet my classes are full all the time and I have a large private class database hmmmm guess Im not really that bad.

The truly funny thing is gents I neither accepted or denied claim to your questions I merely chose to not answer. But instead you attempt the same tactics of the bullies that we as martial artists are sworn to fight against, by saying because I dont answer I this or that or I have no crdibility, or the only person to not want to flaunt their BB which by the way in the world are given out like Candy on so many levels they have lost their meaning to a very large degree.

No to be quite frank with you gentleman, I find this whole thing so amusingly juvenile to see grown men and MA's acting in such a manner of attempting to hurt another person through, degredation, intimidation etc is quite frankly very sad.And to think that many of you are in a position of teaching, gives me pause as to the direction MA is heading.

Never the less always remember innocent till proven guilty but that doesnt seem to apply to you gents:)
Anyhow, I wasnt going to come back in but unfortunately my juvenile curiousity got the best of me, thinking that just maybe you'd prove me wrong about net forums but no such luck.

But truth be told gents,if ya want to call me a liar please come do it to my face, thats at least an adult way of handling it.

No matter all the best and please don't waste the rest of your precious life on little old me, unless of course deep down you feel Im really that important to you, cause you certainly are making it feel that way.

In the absence of fact does not mean your free to add in your own If that were the case our legal system would be far worse than it is. I owe noone here anything including answers or explanations, I choose to spend the time I have till now out of humor, curousity and courtesy all which have ran their welcome thin.

So good luck with your training, I certainly hope you stick to your training regiment more than you have here the tenents of the arts you practice. Humility, Respect, Honor,SELF SELF DISCIPLINE!not just words. Think about that and in how you respond to this reply and I know you will lol thats the truly funny part, you cant help yourself you have to. Well a real Master of himself would be able to temper his words and not be drawn into such childish. So guess well see who truly is a master.

Good points. And well put.

So, who did you say gave you that BJJ Back Belt?
11/7/10 1:27 AM
Dougie
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can tell you who gave me any rank in any art I ever trained in or who I trained with and pretty much when if I was asked.

I am just saying...
11/7/10 1:32 AM
ilk
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robin Black - 
Tim Henry - You people are incredibly funny..... .

Good points. And well put.

So, who did you say gave you that BJJ Back Belt?

lol robin
11/7/10 2:12 AM
monkeyroll
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think somehow someone thinks after a roll or two with the Gracies and that fruit lunch..he got his BB. Nice Fantasy
11/7/10 2:21 AM
kckyote

OMG! TOO FUNNY THIS GUYS STILL RUNNING AROUND TELLING PEOPLE HES A BLACKBELT!WHEN I MET HIM HE WAS TRAINING WITH RICKSON!HES IS NOT SO LET HIM THINK BECAUSE HE MIGHT OF MET SOME GRACIES AND HIS 5TH DAN IN JJJ SOMEHOW TRANSLATES INTO A BLACKBELT IN BJJ! TOO FUNNY I VE MET ALOT OF THESE DUDES IN MY TRAVELS! SORRY MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK GOTTA STOP JIZZING ON THE KEYBOARD I GUESS!

KYLE CARDINAL
BLACKBELT IN BJJ UNDER RODRIGO MUNDURUCA
11/7/10 4:34 AM
Robin Black
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear Mr. Cardinal:

Off topic, but.....

DUDE!! Your fight with Lee Mein was awesome! It was my favorite fight in the last 12 months.

To see 2 "senior" pioneers like you guys step in there at CFC and throw down like that- You sir, deserve any praise you get. That was a great, GREAT fight. And, whether or not you do it again (let's face it, you are old sir), you should always be proud of what you and Lee brought to that show.

Kyle, maybe you know. Who gave this guy his BJJ Black Belt?
11/7/10 4:36 AM
Robin Black

ps: old is a compliment coming from my ancient ass......
11/7/10 7:15 AM
Robin Black

I always try to be positive, what, being a martial artist and all.

But, I flew 8 hours out to the west coast, hung out here for 22 hours to do analysis for a mixed martial arts show (which was awesome and fun) so I could gain more experience working on high end shows (damn good show!), and now I'm flying 8 hours back.

Maybe all the travel is making me weird. Maybe I'm tired.

But I'm starting to get the distinct feeling in my gut that a bullshit BJJ Black Belt may also bullshit about all his other accomplishments. Especially when that bullshitter is smug and condescending.

I looked up 7th dan in Arnis after I started being grumpy about my early flight. There's, like, 4 of those in the world. And SmugMan isn't one of them.

Look, its not in my nature to pick on someone. I've been bullied a lot, and its not cool.

But seriously, what's up here?
11/7/10 7:28 AM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With all due respect Tim... You claimed you had a Black Belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.  I merely asked who gave it to you.  It's actually quite a common conversation to have.  Surely you can humour me and everyone else who's asking you...  who gave you your black belt?

Why are you associating that question with malice?
11/7/10 9:28 AM
Robin Black

Question (and not a hypothetical one either. If anyone has a psychology degree or something an answer would be great): What type of clinical psychopath lies about his achievements, then tries to criticize those who expose his lie as not following the 'tenents' of martial arts philosophy? Phone Post
11/7/10 9:39 AM
Robin Black

Also. It is you, sir, who is the bully. Strutting around the scoolyard with your 37 black belts that somehow didn't take you 4 lifetimes to acieve. It is you devaluing the lives and acievements of countless others who have dedicated their lives to actually achieving something you lie about. Why would any sane person live this way? Phone Post
11/7/10 10:00 AM
superB
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You asked what right we have to question you over the internet?

You are the one who used the web to advertise yourself. you typed that false information about yourself. not anyone else. don't continue the lie about typos. It was typed in very different phrasing on 2 completely different websites.

you advertised on the internet, made bold claims and we are questioning those claims.

And as for your question about questioning other people that one would hire. You don't think its pertinent to ask a plumber about his training and certifications???? I do. and that's all we are asking you.

Oh and I was a customer and technically I still am because you skipped town still owing me 2 privates.
-I think I'll pass on them ;-)

I've never understood why someone with such a strong history in JJJ feels the need to use BJJ as a selling tool.

Once again nothing I have said is non-factual. If you can point out any of my posts that are such....please do.

coop
11/7/10 10:08 AM
effinggoof
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think at this point we can safely conclude that MMA.TV has outed an instructor with exagerated, if not fraudulent credentials.
11/7/10 10:23 AM
Recuenco

someone's craaaaaaazy...haha

i work in health care and once spent over 10 minutes trying to get this one guy to give me a pain scale number between 0-10.

i got his philosophy on pain. no sir just a number between 0-10.

i got his complex relationship to pain. no sir, 0 being no pain and 10 being the absolute worst pain you've ever felt.

i got his pain is a hue of red and purple. i wrote down "despite writer's best efforts to get a numerical rating, pain is at a "red and purple".

i got my purple belt from r munduruca
i graduated grade 6 from faraday elementary
11/7/10 10:35 AM
Robin Black

Recuenco is clearly educated in mental illness and has invaluable insight into this bizzarre dealio. Thank you for helping to clear this up. It's weird. But, to be honest, fascinating. Phone Post
11/7/10 10:56 AM
Recuenco

in my story, the guy is an obvious bullshitter but harmless - just nod and uh huh and throw in a couple of no ways! and oh reallys!

but this henry guy is dangerous bc he presents himself in a authoritative manner. it's fine if someone's looking for a jjj/obscure martial arts guy but someone looking for bjj is going to lose valuable money and time.
11/7/10 3:20 PM
monkeyroll
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/10 3:21 PM
While we on on the subject:<br /><br />Lets look at some of Tims Students..see how they move and stuff on the ground...<br /><br />This is some of the worst Standup I have seen in my life..and the ground?? Pure garbage. All taught from this "BB in BJJ"<br /><br />Check it out:<br /><br <br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bsfMoUYYk<br /><br />PS Very Happy to expose this guy. Thanks for everyones input.<br /><br />
11/7/10 3:22 PM
monkeyroll

Whooops :

this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bsfMoUYYk
11/7/10 3:33 PM
1armedScissor

monkeyroll - 

Whooops :

this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bsfMoUYYk

Why are comments disabled for this video I wonder?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.