UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> 5th degree BB in Vancouver

11/8/10 12:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dougie
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brigsy -  Thanks Dougie. Phone Post
No problem.

11/8/10 12:46 PM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"i graduated grade 6 from faraday elementary"

LOL! I'm beginning to love this forum again!

good times :)

11/8/10 1:14 PM
Sean Quinn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim Henry - Just to clarify a few things in my personal defence.

I don't care what Stephen K thinks about me as hes never really ever met me on any signifigant level if at all, but thats ok, all I know of him I hold his ability as a Martial artist and teacher to a high degree. He is indeed an impressive individual especially regarding his ability to very effectively transfer information to his students and those he works with, which is a difficult task at best.

Now as to this JJ 5th dan issue. NO I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN A 5th DAN in BJJ. I am however of guilty in mistyping info in such a way that I left out a comma and it certainly could have been read as such.

As far as being a liar etc well thats not something I'm even going to debate on an internet chatroom lol its far too juvenile. I will say this whenever I train someone they are very pleased with the results and this comes from ppl spending many years in many styles and systems JJ. So to me thats good enough reference as far as im concerned.

Well SuperB I don't recall you ever training with me in Edmonton and if you did hm apparently you apparently made no real impression on me to remember you and now seeing such childish comments after all these years I can see why.

What cant be denied is I have trained students who went to World class level and came back with Gold/Silver Medals so guess I did something right. Reardless Im sure you gentlemen have far more important thins to do that listen to He said She said silliness and gossip about someone on the net you've never met or trained with.

My advice stick with talking directly about those you have personally trained with and worked with day in and day out on the mats, then you'll be in a position to at least offer some info.

In Closing remember this!
One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Test of Three."

"Test of Three?"

"That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to test what you're going to say. The first test is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

No," the man said, "actually I just heard about It."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second test, the test of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued. "You may still pass though, b ecause there is a third test - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed. This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

Maybe the concept of honor, respect, being a good person etc all things a martial artist is supposed to live by BJJ or otherwise, yet this conversation Im reading violated alot of these sentiments. peer pressure sometimes creates bully of us all, think about it.Its easy to type words true or not about ppl we dont know and affect their lives and reputations as long as it didnt affect you. Think about it.

All the best and sorry or long winded response.
Shihan Tim Henry
NOT 5th DAN BJJ
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA 
Give it up.

11/8/10 1:18 PM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has anyone called him?  604-207-0909?

maybe someone can ask him for some of his contacts in the royal canadian mounted police, u.s. homeland security, u.s. customs, and u.s. army special forces and how they would rate his training sessions with those groups. 
11/8/10 1:25 PM
Sean Quinn

Oh man, just finished page 1. lol
11/8/10 1:34 PM
Soup1
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim - you are not a BJJ blackbelt.

Signed,
C. Wells BJJ Blackbelt under Prof. Pedro Sauer who is under Helio/Rickson
11/8/10 1:35 PM
Robin Black
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah. Good times.

I was tired and at the airport at 5 am reading this and I actually started getting pissed off at this kungfumaster.

Now that I'm rested its really quite funny.

Yes I have mood swings like a girl.
11/8/10 1:37 PM
Robin Black
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When he starts saying "I'm kinda a blackbelt cuz I know omoplatas and kimuras" is absolute comedy genius.
11/8/10 1:43 PM
TitanBJJ

Edited: 11/08/10 1:43 PM
Here is another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43sOENk_kjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwI9t6FE4-I&feature=related
11/8/10 2:05 PM
Tony Manifold

There are so many legit BJJ blackbelts in Vancouver, this can't end well.
11/8/10 2:12 PM
Sean Quinn

I commented on one of his stupid video's a couple of years ago. I got an email expressing his disappointment with me. I was deeply hurt and promptly killed myself for dishonoring the shedoshi.

What an idiot.
11/8/10 2:23 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/08/10 2:23 PM
 i smell booolsheeet!
11/8/10 2:26 PM
o elefante

I gave him his bjj black belt!!!!
11/8/10 2:27 PM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeremy Horn stayed at my place for the weekend.

Does that make me at least a purple belt by association?

It at least gives me a level 70 warlock in World of Warcraft bitches.

Recognize....
11/8/10 2:28 PM
o elefante

Robin Black - When he starts saying "I'm kinda a blackbelt cuz I know omoplatas and kimuras" is absolute comedy genius.

HAHAHAHA!!!
11/8/10 2:30 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I read a few of the guy's reponses. They started to wear me out, he ever say who gave him his Black belt, or not? (looking for a summary).
11/8/10 2:31 PM
o elefante

stlnl2 - So I read a few of the guy's reponses. They started to wear me out, he ever say who gave him his Black belt, or not? (looking for a summary).

he refuses to answer.
11/8/10 2:36 PM
JHR

"he refuses to answer."

Shit. He might be part Ninja

11/8/10 2:38 PM
yusul
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is level 70 high?
11/8/10 2:39 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is odd, everyone I know personally who got their BB, has a picture or 10 of them getting it, standing with the guy who gave it to them, and some have pics of the guy putting it on them.........

11/8/10 2:47 PM
Canario
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a black belt in BJJ. I got it from the Post Man, who in turn got his from the lady working the counter at the post office, who in turn got it from the company I found in the back of an old Black Belt Magazine.
11/8/10 2:48 PM
JHR

yusul - is level 70 high?

Level 80 is the best

So yeah, If I was a level 70 I would kinda be a big thing on the intrawebs.

11/8/10 2:50 PM
o elefante

JHR - "he refuses to answer."

Shit. He might be part Ninja

<br type="_moz" />

That makes him even more dangerous!!!
11/8/10 2:52 PM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should I go drop him off or mail him a blackbelt and say this is from the UG shidoshi ? I could film it .... I'm sure with my bjj blue belt under bibiano I Would be able to handle any trouble - Something tells me he wouldn't be that stoked about it Phone Post
11/8/10 2:52 PM
falkofire

Someone sponsor me to take a lesson !! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.