UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Help with bursitis(Painful!)

11/5/10 9:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jesus3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, Im 38, been traing along time, I have alot of hard miles on this body. Well, now I am getting Bursitis in my knee, it has been swollen all week, had to get fluid drained, I am on anitbiotics. I need to prevent this in the future. Any ideas or past experience?
Thanks, Robbie
11/6/10 9:36 AM
FatBuddha
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trigger point injections from a licensed physical therapist. Very good one named Pamela who graduated from Duke who works at the Emory University Spine Center if you are ever near Atlanta, Georgia.

Greatly helped with bursitis in my hip.

Good luck.
11/7/10 12:26 AM
jesus3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, never heard of that but I will look into it. Was your condition possibly spurred from an injury or over usage?
11/7/10 7:56 PM
glassman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have it in my hip. Hip started hurting 4 weeks ago while I was walking! (not sprinting, grappling or getting slammed, but walking). Went away for a few days then returned with a vengence after I trained squats at the gym.

I think the only real treatment is rest, ice and anti inflammatories. I have found mine is gradually getting better on 3 extra strength ibuprofen a day with no activity at all (I tried light stretching and leg exercises last week and it got worse). I am 42 and have found that these nagging injuries do get better but thay take a lot longer than when we were 20.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.