UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rumor Mill

11/6/10 5:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Swick
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to clear up some rumors... I did agree to fight in the UFC in January but nothing is signed. Considering it is for the Troops and in Texas, how could I not! I am still recovering from my medical procedure(BoTox injections into my esophagus) but look to make a good recovery.

In a recent Sherdog interview I was miss-quoted as saying...

“I know I’m going to be fighting Jan. 22, and I know I’m going to put on a good performance,” the 31-year-old Houston native said. “I’m not sure whether I’ll be as good as I was before [being out for the last 11 months], but I do think I can fight at this level and fight as well as I want.”

Either its a miss-quote or it was taken out of context. I don't remember saying any of that last part. We were talking about being as healthy as before and what I meant was that I will never be as healthy as I was before the issue. There is no cure for my condition, only treatment. With this procedure and meds, this should not effect my career. I plan to come out in January and put on the fight of my life.

After my last fight I thought my fighting career could be over. I truly thought I could not train and compete at this level and since getting correctly re-diagnosed and treated, I have been exuberant. I feel as though I have been given a second chance and I will never take fighting for granted.

I wanna give an extra shout out to Kaiser Permanente for misdiagnosing me with Dyspepsia 4 years ago and telling me there is nothing I can do about it!

As for my weight, I am at 182lbs. Up from 173lbs which is great! And if you are wondering, most of that 9 pounds has been accumulating in my biceps! Rippin out of my extra medium tees now! ;)

I have been training a few weeks now and will travel to Brazil this week to continue to train. I will then return and start my official fight camp at AKA-San Jose as usual.

I will be posting updates from Brazil on my Twitter and Facebook and also video blogging on my youtube channel. If you guys follow, shoot me over ideas of what you wanna see. I hear Rio is a crazy place and there is a lot to get into there....

Thanks for all the support! You guys have been great!

Twitter.com/OfficialSwick
Facebook.com/OfficialSwick
Youtube.com/OfficialSwick
11/6/10 5:39 AM
WickedWonder
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to see you kicking ass again.
11/6/10 5:40 AM
dorf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pics of ripped biceps or gtfo.

Cannot wait to see you back mixing it up Mr.Swick.
11/6/10 5:40 AM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you think about Cain not giving Josh a chance against George? Personally, I couldn't agree more.

As for yourself, what are you doing up so late? Go to bed. Hope to see you back in January.
11/6/10 5:49 AM
dunchurrn
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just curious, but what made you opt for the injections rather than just taking lansoprazole or whatever?
11/6/10 5:50 AM
Mike Swick
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks!

My camera is not charged so I will have to pass on the photo of my enormously huge and powerful 9 lb biceps....

I did not know Cain said Josh didn't have a chance. Thats a bit odd. Don't know why he would say that.

I am always up late! I go to bed about 2am and wake up at 11ish. Our first training session is at noon. Sometimes we train at 11am so I gotta roll out of bed at the crack of 10am. Morning training is kinda pointless, the fights always at night around 9-10pm. I like my system to be in charge mode. 9pm is like lunchtime for me.
11/6/10 5:52 AM
Mike Swick

dunchurrn: Because they said with the injections I might not need medicine. Some of the medicine makes me sluggish for training so I am trying to limit it.
11/6/10 5:57 AM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/10 5:59 AM
Truth be told, Cain didn't say Josh didn't have a chance, but in an Ontario media interview he apparently said he thinks George will remain the Champion for a long time. Most likely a freudian slip.

War Nighthawks! Now I feel we have a common bond I will pull for you........until you fight our Canadian Champion.

11/6/10 5:57 AM
Mike Swick

Plus the thought of injecting one of the most powerful chemicals in the world inside my body sounded Supermanish....
11/6/10 6:05 AM
Mike Swick

Homo Sapient: Yes it is. That is why I have one of the youngest looking throats in MMA right now.

Oddly enough, people don't realize that BoTox is derived from Botulinum. A wiked toxin thats one of the most deadliest on earth. I think THE deadliest.

(From Wikipedia)
It is the most acutely toxic substance known, with a median lethal dose of about 1 ng/kg when introduced intravenously and 3 ng/kg when inhaled. This means that, depending on the method of introduction into the body, a mere 90–270 nanograms of botulinum toxin could be enough to kill an average 90 kg (200 lb) person.

Thats why you don't want this stuff anywhere but specific places in a diluted format. It basically paralyzes whatever its injected too. Hope I didn't swallow too much while they were probing!
11/6/10 6:08 AM
dorf

hehe probing.
11/6/10 6:09 AM
sgotwalks

Edited: 11/06/10 6:10 AM
Funny story........well not that funny. A couple months back I was reading FIGHT Magazine and they had a little segment on food or something, I can't remember specifically, but you were stating what your daily eating regiment was. You said you start your day with a bowl of oatmeal and blueberries I think. I was kind of high and I thought, hmmmmm oatmeal. Sounds good. I hadn't eaten oatmeal in years, but my craving that night was so strong I went and bought a bag the next day. I have eaten a lot of oatmeal over the past couple of months thanks to you. My kids now eat a lot of oatmeal too. Damn, you changed our lives and I wasn't even a huge fan.

Now between the oatmeal and the nighthawk thing, I think I am going to bet some money on you. Do me a favor and win your next few okay.

11/6/10 6:10 AM
Mike Swick

Edited: 11/06/10 6:18 AM
ReapChoke: I was sedated but awake. Some of it felt pretty bad. The Doctor probed this long tube down my esophagus. Been sore as hell the last few days. Feels like everything I eat is from that Shards O'Glass company from the cigarette commercial. The first day it even hurt to breath. Getting better now though. If I am able, I am gonna eat like a champ in Brazil.
11/6/10 6:14 AM
sgotwalks

I bet it felt weird addressing stainypoo by his name.
11/6/10 6:17 AM
Mike Swick

Sgotwalks: Dude! Protein oatmeal is the real deal... Here is my recipe...

2 Bags of flavored oatmeal. Strawberry and Banana are my favorite and Quaker knows this so he only puts 2 bags of Strawberry in the box instead of 4. So I have to but twice as many multi flavored boxes.

2 scoops of vanilla protein

5mg of Glutamine

Frozen bluberries

I take 1 cup water and add frozen blueberries. Microwave 2-3 minutes then add the oatmeal. Mix. Then add protein and glutamine. Mix. Then I always try and carry the bowl to the living room to eat but the bowl is hot and I burn myself so I go back to get a towel. But sometimes I race to beat the burn and make it all the way to the coffee table.
11/6/10 6:18 AM
PhinPhan
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear you are almost back, Swick. The best of luck to you!
11/6/10 6:23 AM
sgotwalks

Awfully kind of you to take the time to type out the recipe. You just upped my kids chances of becoming a Champion some day. Meanwhile, I will kill mine with brown sugar and follow it up with a late morning nap on the couch.
11/6/10 6:31 AM
d0mm3r

Good luck Mike!
11/6/10 6:32 AM
sgotwalks

Great idea!!! Why don't you start lobbying for a fight with Rory MacDonald up here in Canada? Tell them you want to do it on the first ever event in Toronto in 2011. Trust me, you will want to be there, it's gonna be funnnn.

Now before you go to bed, why don't you hop into my 'World's Baddest Man - Begging For Shoop' thread just below us here, and validate it with a "Fedor is G.O.A.T." comment? I promise i won't tell Dana or Cain.
11/6/10 6:45 AM
Mike Swick

Yea I would love to fight there! Been to Canada 3 times this year. I wanna fight 3-4 times next year.
11/6/10 6:50 AM
sgotwalks

I'll be there, and if you go validate my Fedor thread like I asked.......I will scream loudly for you in Toronto even if you are fighting our Canadian super kid Rory MacDonald.

For the record, it is now way past your usual bedtime of 2am.
11/6/10 7:27 AM
Artfayer

Edited: 11/06/10 7:50 AM
I hope your feeling better. You've always been one of my favorite fighters to watch, my buddies and I have been waiting for your return. We want to see the old Swick go out there and amaze us with some lightning fast striking or some wild submission. We love that shit.

Good luck to you and god bless.
11/6/10 8:11 AM
KC007

Hey Mike, who will you be training with in Bazil? Phone Post
11/6/10 8:47 AM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard you're going back up to middleweight, is this true? And good luck, you will kick some ass in January. Phone Post
11/6/10 8:47 AM
dabigchet

Good Luck Swick. You should post more! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.