UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Don't feed the trolls!

1/20/02 12:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Gillette
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jan-02

Scott, Ah... my much maligned friend. I have found it difficult to hold my cyber-tongue the past few days. I myself long to feed the trolls. I wish to invite them to my facility for punitive "schooling" and to use harsh language in rebuffing their caustic diatribes. I might have used phrases like "Step off, Bitch" and cast doubt as to the dimensions and functionability of their genitalia. Then I read your thread with its plaintive request not to respond to such juvenile volleys of vitriol. While your goal of running a classy forum is commendable, it takes all the fun out of getting into online pissing contests for guys like me. Therfore, I will honor your honorable request and not give voice to such issues as trolls having little, skinny girl arms or other anatomical "shortcomings". Respectfully, Mike Gillette
1/20/02 3:39 PM
Ausgepicht

The Chief has SPOKEN! Miss you over at the Weapons Q&A. Just not the same without ya! Hope all is going well! Aus
1/20/02 5:31 PM
Shawn Mozen

a post has been deleted here because it was a waste of time....go away trolls find something else to do. Shawn
1/20/02 7:43 PM
Samooborona
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also do not feed them after midnight, let them into sunlight, or let them get wet.. err, wait.. those are Gremlins..
1/14/02 8:04 PM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 14-Jan-02
I gather that I missed a few posts. I also gave Matsui the benefit of the doubt, and apparantly was wrong in doing so. I guess the trolls are getting more clever!! Scott, in the very WISE, WISE, WISE words of an anonymous redneck: 'Keep on truckin'!!!!" :-) Aus
1/15/02 6:00 AM
freestyle_judo

Edited: 15-Jan-02
Scotty is, as always, correct.
1/14/02 9:36 AM
tysaw

Edited: 14-Jan-02
Hey, Scott. I found this quote today, I think it describes well what you, Blauer, Checchine,Bayless, and the other innovators out there are about: "If you limit your actions in life to things that nobody can possibly find fault with, you will not do much" C.L. Dodgson
1/13/02 8:38 PM
tysaw

Edited: 13-Jan-02
Wasabi, sorry you are mistaken. That's your mom there, I can see how you could make the error though. Big back, tight butt, mustache. Have you made a date to roll with Justin yet? I noticed you dissed Tony C's material on another thread, perhaps you are closer to Chicago and would rather roll with him? Not likely because you don't even train, do you? Just like to bag on people who do. That hasn't stopped you from trolling on Blauer, Cecchine, Sonnon, Bayless, etc. etc. It is amazing how brave you are from the comfort of your computer. You are pretty pathetic really. The good news is adolescance isn't forever. Some day you will actually get a life, That acne will eventually go away, and perhaps you'll even get a girlfriend, and grow enough sack to train or dare I even mention it...compete. Until then, you are amusing.
1/13/02 1:16 PM
paradigmer
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been tempted to respond many times, but haven't-just because I don't want to keep the threads alive. Also, it's apparent when someone has a genuine critique or when they have a personal agenda. The former can be engaged in intelligent discussion and formal argument (read--healthy debate) while the latter is resigned to argumentum ad hominem attacks. Ad hominem and non sequiturs are probably the two most common logical fallacies that trolls engage in. It's almost pointless to defend these type of attacks. Usually, no good comes out of it. Michael
1/13/02 4:23 PM
tysaw

Matsui, on the UG I gave you the benefit of the doubt concerning your review, but it is looking more like you posted a review to get in a beef with Scott. And yes you are posting personal comments on threads. When you question someone's integrity, honesty, and ethics I tend to think that is personal. Why not post your review, let it stand on its own, and take your personal issues with Scott to a private venue with him? The more you post, the more your review looks like a personal vendetta. Not trying to tell you what to do, it's just my opinion...and I'm entitled to it :) Peace.
1/13/02 12:34 PM
tysaw

Oops, sorry I did post on the UG a couple of responses to Matsui's "review". My bad, time to just ignore them, and train. Sorry Scott.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.