UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alessio Sakara: A Roman Soldier (pre UFC 122)

11/10/10 12:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine, Website Editor

Alessio Sakara talks to Fighters Only reporter John Joe O'Regan about being "a soldier of Rome", his love of history and why he named his two sons after famous generals of the Ancient World in the hope that the names will inspire them as they grow older.
11/10/10 12:37 PM
john joe
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/10/10 12:40 PM
paging Bobby Lupo; Bobby Lupo to the thread please
11/10/10 12:42 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby's UG radar must be broken at the moment.

Normally he'd be all over this thread like a duck on junebug.
11/10/10 1:10 PM
Schrute Boxe
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a really good interview!

FORZA SAKARA!!!
11/10/10 1:18 PM
Schrute Boxe
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/10/10 2:00 PM
Schrute Boxe

ElChupacabra1982 - So now we have Roman soldiers to go with the Samurai warriors, Aztec warriors, and Viking warriors in MMA?

Don't forget keyboard warriors!
11/10/10 2:27 PM
iBJ'd13Men
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alessio + english= new MW champion. the fans will love him and his new language speaking abilities to go along with his exciting and highly technical stand up game, solid ground game, ATT taught confidence in his skill, and also his stellar beard and artistic roman soldier tattoos

11/10/10 2:40 PM
Schrute Boxe

iBJ'd13Men -  Alessio + english= new MW champion.  
+1
11/10/10 3:19 PM
explodingboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent interview, one of the best of the year. I think the betting is good that this interview makes its way into the Official UKTT 2010 Awards as a nomination for Interview Of The Year. We learnt a lot of good stuff here, things you wouldn't normally expect to learn about Sakara who strangely seems to have been ignored for the most part by the American MMA media.

If the Bisping fight does happen, that would be truly momentus for fans of both. A healthy respect between both guys and it would surely be a stand up war for the ages. But as GSQ pointed out, it would cause a split right down the middle of UKTT's middleweight interests so I would only want to see the fight if it was in Rome for the first ever Italian UFC event. It would also have to be for either the title or number one contendership.

Excellent work John Joe.

11/10/10 3:36 PM
ConditsGirlfriend

Edited: 11/10/10 3:38 PM
 John Joe is a Mancunian..      but despite that he seems like a good guy & his interviews are excellent.. 

Forza Sakara!!        Europe destroyed & humiliated the USA in the recent "Ryders Cup" & Sakara will continue the tradition on saturday night... 
11/10/10 4:11 PM
john joe

Edited: 11/10/10 4:12 PM
i am getting worried about Lupo...

ConditsGirlfriend - John Joe is a Mancunian.. but despite that he seems like a good guy & his interviews are excellent..

ON THE SIXTH DAY GOD CREATED MANchester
11/10/10 4:24 PM
ConditsGirlfriend

john joe - i am getting worried about Lupo...

ConditsGirlfriend - John Joe is a Mancunian.. but despite that he seems like a good guy & his interviews are excellent..

..& on the seventh day Rangers demolished manchester..      ;)

11/10/10 4:32 PM
ConditsGirlfriend

ConditsGirlfriend - 
john joe - i am getting worried about Lupo...

..& on the seventh day Rangers demolished manchester..      ;)

only jokin mate..      if i was there it wouldn`t have happened..       manchester is a cool town imo.. :)

11/10/10 4:41 PM
john joe

someone on Sherdog just put "the interviewer is a complete fucking jackass with his questions"

that will teach me to ask Italians about Roman history
11/10/10 4:53 PM
Crooklyn
699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck=Reality
Super interview. John Joe has been really knocking them out the park. Great stuff!
11/10/10 4:56 PM
john joe

Italians Copy Greeks - Let's not forget that the man sold 152 tickets so far. That's more than the entire UFC sold for the Belfast UFC72 show. Sakara's friends, fans and fam also sold out an entire plane, helping the struggling airline industry

the tickets thing is - fighters get a cut of any tickets they sell personally and i'm always interested to know how theyre doing on their ticket deal. Alessio will have done alright off selling 152 tickets.

joking aside, the airline industry in europe is fucked. Italian airlines need Alessio to fight in Germany every month
11/10/10 5:02 PM
ConditsGirlfriend

John Joe is the Mancunian Ariel Helwani..     but less macho imo..   :D
11/10/10 5:05 PM
explodingboy

john joe - someone on Sherdog just put "the interviewer is a complete fucking jackass with his questions"

Ridiculous. This was a great interview BECAUSE you asked interesting questions that go beyond the tired sterotypical MMA questions. Do you ever listen to Jordan Breen on a Thursday John Joe? His interviews are excellent because they merge MMA talk with exploring more about fighters' backgrounds and interests. Obviously you need to know a little about them to begin with but you get more of the personality that way. This interview was a definate step in that direction, along with the Bisping one the other week.

11/10/10 5:14 PM
john joe

Edited: 11/10/10 5:38 PM
explodingboy - 
john joe - someone on Sherdog just put "the interviewer is a complete fucking jackass with his questions"

Ridiculous. This was a great interview BECAUSE you asked interesting questions that go beyond the tired sterotypical MMA questions. Do you ever listen to Jordan Breen on a Thursday John Joe? His interviews are excellent because they merge MMA talk with exploring more about fighters' backgrounds and interests. Obviously you need to know a little about them to begin with but you get more of the personality that way. This interview was a definate step in that direction, along with the Bisping one the other week.

i'll be honest, i hate interviews where its "how was your training camp... oh you train for all areas... so youre happy standing or on the floor... how interesting "

i would much rather learn about personalities; tbh i hold it down a lot but theres loads of questions i want to ask that have nothing to do with MMA per se, but more who the fighter is as a person. I might start just asking more stuff like that and see how it goes.

MY GOD THIS SHERDOG.

the guy who said i was a fuckin retarded interviewer or whatever it was said so because "I Objected to his questioning of why he named his children after historical figures was if "for himself or was it for them"? it was a dumbass question.
You don't ask someone why they named there kids a certain name @ least not here in the U.S. you don't."

anyway. I've had a couple of German beers now. Probly time to call it a night. Guten nacht from Dusseldorf.
11/10/10 6:31 PM
biggator
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

manchester is full of fighters.

but only one side of manchester knows how to attack the other defends with 7 at home.
11/10/10 6:31 PM
biggator
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sakara ftw cant wait for this fight. ATT
11/10/10 6:50 PM
biggator

I would go to a show in italy i wonder where they would have it?
11/10/10 6:50 PM
Squatdog

Sakara: An Italian Soldier

11/10/10 7:33 PM
ConditsGirlfriend

Italians Copy Greeks -  That damn Kiwi and his anti-Italian propaganda photos again. You should hear my grandfather's stories about those poor guys in the army during the war and how ill prepared, against what they were doing and how much they hated the horrible food they had to eat. 

..to be fair,i`ve heard horror stories about what the "`tallies" used to eat..    

apparently they used to get fed allsorts..      

eg heinz "alphabety spagetti"..     ,"heinz spagetti hoops" & "Pasta & sauce" x multiple flavours..

Italian food is being raped & disrespected!!!    ..& i will not stand for it!!!  (especially if you consider Heinz spagetti dinosaurs!)

PLEASE nobody mention heinz spagetti dinosaurs to Bobby Lupo..           the anti-italian racism may be too much to take??

I HATE RACISM!!! (but i`m particularly fond of other types of predjudice..)
11/10/10 8:02 PM
Forssberg

Why is Sakara assuming that Jorge will keep it standing? Against Lee Murray, Rivera went immediately for a takedown and I would expect him to do the same here. Jorge is also known for clinching a lot against the cage. I remember a certain fight of his against Franklin that was less than spectacular.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.