UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> About to make a big jump in my game, hopefully

11/11/10 7:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The private I took with PR was extremely helpful and I can see tremendous value in having a coach. It's been something on my mind, as I take the game more seriously, but the long distance thing didnt seem practical (or economical) for daily, and maybe even weekly, sessions.

So when I was playing at the L.A. Poker Open at Commerce, I happened to be at the table with a guy who ended up taking 8th. I could tell he was an excellent player because of the way he took down pots against players with a wide range, and without having to see many rivers. He just steadily accumulated chips, with little risk, to end up that day's chip leader.

He and I got to talking and he was interested in doing some jiujitsu. We exchanged information and have kept in touch and he gave me his SN for Pokerstars and I looked up his results. He has excellent MTT cashes (totally over $600,000 on PS alone, havent looked up his sn's on FT and UB). His screenname is Machetetooth on PS.

Anyway, I brought up the idea of trading BJJ privates for poker coaching sessions and he seems to be into it. This will be huge for me, and hopefully will allow me to organize my game and get rid of some of the misconceptions and leaks that are painfully obvious.
11/11/10 8:09 PM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you didn't tell him how you always get you ass kicked on the felt and the mat?
11/11/10 10:25 PM
andre
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your mama.

That's all I've got.
11/11/10 10:58 PM
VectorWega

I was really thinking of Wreckker when I made that comment but it was setup so nicely.
11/12/10 9:38 AM
JHR
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a great trade.

Good stuff. :)
11/12/10 12:23 PM
andre

Thanks guys!
11/12/10 4:21 PM
VectorWega

You will of course be disseminating all of this information to OG members at no cost.
11/14/10 4:14 AM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice
11/14/10 8:05 PM
SILENTSTRYKE

how much for the privates PR?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.