UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 60K bonuses at UFC 122 go to non US fighters

11/14/10 9:23 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After winning “Knockout of the Night” honors at UFC 93 and UFC 105, both by a spinning back kick followed by punches, Siver’s reputation is that he’s a one-trick pony.

If nothing else, he reinforced that he has other abilities at UFC 122 on Saturday when he earned the “Submission of the Night” with a modified rear naked choke finish of Andre Winner.

“Everybody thinks all I do is my spinning back kick, but that’s not true. Of course, I’m able to do other things. That’s what I proved today,” Siver told UFC.com after the fight.

“I changed my training program to focus more on jiu-jitsu and wrestling,” he added at the UFC 122 post-fight press conference. “It’s proving to be (the right move). I’m very pleased with the progress that I’ve been making.”

read entire article...

11/14/10 9:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KenFlo Choked on Sushi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well deserved
11/14/10 9:32 AM
clattymine
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We didnt get to see the fight of the night?

Lame.
11/14/10 9:40 AM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Siver was awesome.
11/14/10 9:55 AM
KenFlo Choked on Sushi

Benny Lava -  I didn't see the fight but why didn't the knee bar get the sub of the night? Phone Post

Siver was a German fighting in Germany, and laid a smackdown on Winner, rocked him, choked him out, it was pretty
11/14/10 6:41 PM
soldierdad5417

Edited: 11/16/10 9:23 PM
Dennis actually looked kind of stunned when it went to the ground and he realized he couldn't spin kick him in the liver any more. Glad he had a clear enough mind to land a few more punches and sink in that choke. Another well deserved pay day for Mr. Siver.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.