UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Fell on knee

11/14/10 6:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GreatWhiteHype
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See a doctor, got it. Appointment made, but it's a couple weeks from now and it wasn't emergency room necessary. Just trying to get an idea of what I'm looking at.

Was doing pullups, ankles crossed feet behind me. Got to the top of a rep and the bar came loose, so I dropped about 4 feet onto my right knee. No immediate pain or swelling. Next day was sore and hard to walk, no swelling. Since the following day I've had pain only when in a deep squat. I can run, jump, etc. The only pain is when squatting deep (ass to grass), but it's there even if I'm not using any weight. Ideas?
11/15/10 12:36 AM
MattB ATC
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How/where did you fall on your knee? Does your knee feel loose or unstable? Or just pain during the deep squats? Where is the pain during deep squats?
11/15/10 6:10 AM
GreatWhiteHype

Fell directly on the kneecap. Nothing loose, only the pain when squatting. Pain is inside the knee, more toward the back.
11/15/10 1:07 PM
MattB ATC
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is hard to tell you much without a physical assessment, but it may be a meniscal injury or just a compression injury to the hamstring tendons.
11/17/10 2:44 AM
bluesky

Injuries like impact to the knee could be PCL.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.