UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is this sh*t legal in Germany?

11/14/10 8:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
evangelico
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i noticed that the tapout shirt for UFC 122 features white eagle on top of german flag shield with "Deutschland MMA" printed in gothic letters on top.

http://i56.tinypic.com/wl9dn6.jpg

don't know if that would strictly fall under strafgesetzbuch section 86a or not (anti-nazi symbols law), but i bet it appeals to white power dudes in europe.

http://ezdanna.com/images/E8015_German_Eagle.jpg
11/14/10 9:22 PM
Poindexter
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Germans still use eagle imagery. Is that particular image taken from something the Nazi's used?
11/14/10 9:34 PM
evangelico

no, as far as a i know the second image is the pre-nazi german coat of arms.

but if you are looking to by a t-shirt with that image, you will run into a flood of aryan nations-type internet sites ready to sell you one.
11/14/10 9:42 PM
Hemlock
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh for Heaven's sake
11/14/10 10:01 PM
HexRei

WE MUST KILL ALL THE EAGLES THEY ARE NAZI SYMBOLS
11/14/10 10:12 PM
evangelico

anybody from germany on the UG? curious about your thoughts.

already familiar with those of generic american angry white dudes
11/14/10 10:18 PM
HexRei

My grandma's parents on my mom's side are German so I can confidently say who cares.
11/14/10 10:28 PM
Horus2001
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't tell him that swastikas are still being used by Hindus, Buddhists and Jains throughout Asia...

i bet that appeals to white power dudes in europe too
11/14/10 10:33 PM
Mike_in_CA
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/14/10 10:33 PM

And this is the Official German Coat of Arms

Official depictions of the eagle can be found not only in the federal coat of arms but also on the federal institutions flag, the standard of the President of Germany and official seals. These are designs by various artists of the Weimar period and differ primarily in the shape and position of the wings. A large and very plump version of the eagle decorates the chamber of the Bundestag, the German parliament, it is sometimes called "Fette Henne" (Fat Hen), with a similar representation found on the Euro coin. In addition to the official depictions, artistic renderings of the federal eagle are permitted and have found their way onto coins, stamps and the letterhead of federal authorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Germany
11/14/10 10:35 PM
Mike_in_CA
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this legal ??? STFU
11/14/10 10:49 PM
evangelico

"The eagle combined with the swastika is a very powerful symbol and Adolf Hitler and the Nazi leadership already knew it in the 1920s. During the Third Reich (1933 - 1945) it was the symbol of German renewal as well as the Nazi state, and was known in German as the Hoheitszeichen or Hoheitsabzeichen (“National Emblem”). Its use for any official purpose was encouraged by the Nazis and it appeared over the years in hundreds, probably thousands of variations."

http://www.usmbooks.com/nazi_eagle_swastika.html

LOL at "even Austria"
11/14/10 10:51 PM
evangelico

thanks for posting the screenshot mike
11/14/10 10:51 PM
HexRei

^^^what's your point exactly? that eagles now implicitly and in every context represent naziism? that's retarded.
11/14/10 10:56 PM
hubris
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoelzer Reich
11/14/10 11:01 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf? the OP dude just wants to know if it's allowed..sorta how hoelzer reich got banned from the UFC and WEc...yeah that just happened.

being FROM germany i can tell you that the government doesn't fuck around about this. HOWEVER no, that is not of any form of Nazi era coat of arms i've seen though it has a 1940's graphic feel to it so I see what you're saying.

anyways...the shirt SUCKS like any tapout shirt...except the banned Fedor one!
11/14/10 11:12 PM
evangelico

ahh, the UG's almost-perfect record of NEVER recognizing a particular case where there might be legitimate concern about racist shenanigans

it would be seamless if the turn of events in the Hoelzer Reich thread hadn't occurred

here's to your perfect world, where it is people like me that are the problem
11/14/10 11:20 PM
smichal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a national emblem idiot.
11/14/10 11:26 PM
HexRei

evangelico - ahh, the UG's almost-perfect record of NEVER recognizing a particular case where there might be legitimate concern about racist shenanigans

it would be seamless if the turn of events in the Hoelzer Reich thread hadn't occurred

here's to your perfect world, where it is people like me that are the problem

booohoooohooooo eagles are racist!!!!!!!!
11/14/10 11:50 PM
evangelico

ttt for hostility
11/15/10 12:17 AM
Mike_in_CA

evangelico - thanks for posting the screenshot mike

Welcome.

11/15/10 1:00 AM
brahmabull81
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

op should be banned.
11/15/10 1:13 AM
Touched By A Jab

i thought this thread was gonna be about sozyinski(or whatever the fuck it is) digging in relics asshole
11/15/10 3:43 PM
evangelico

ArthurKnoqOut - wtf? the OP dude just wants to know if it's allowed..sorta how hoelzer reich got banned from the UFC and WEc...yeah that just happened.

being FROM germany i can tell you that the government doesn't fuck around about this. HOWEVER no, that is not of any form of Nazi era coat of arms i've seen though it has a 1940's graphic feel to it so I see what you're saying.

anyways...the shirt SUCKS like any tapout shirt...except the banned Fedor one!

thanks for checking in Arthur, interesting that you say the shirt has a 1940s graphic feel, i think that is maybe what i was trying to get at.

anybody else out there from Germany?
11/15/10 3:46 PM
seandiesel
889 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and here we go again
11/15/10 3:53 PM
solidsnake
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a big polish eagle on my right shoulder. People always ask if I was in the marines or military.

People just don't know their eagles brah

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.