UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 35 Backstage Pass

1/15/02 5:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KENWINGJITSU
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Jan-02

Ryan, with this one thread, you've made this forum twice as good as it was before you posted.
1/15/02 3:50 PM
RyanBennett

RD, I'm the same height as Liddell at 6'3. Remember though I wear shoes, these guys don't so it gives me a couple inches.
1/15/02 2:08 PM
rdburnett
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bennett, how tall are you? I was watching this UFC and I can't remember who you were interviewing, but I was thinking, "Man, Bennett is a big cat." (It might have been when you were interviewing Lidell or Busta) Good work on the interviews, as always.
1/15/02 11:15 PM
iamdoomsday

Thanks for the info. My opinions.... Semenov is scary good! Ricco will only get better. I think he'll eventually go through everybody. Suloev is awesome but Chuck was better! Penn is a phenom no doubt. Pulver is a tough motha! A lot of great fights. All the fighters did a great job. It was a great show.
1/16/02 12:08 AM
Bruce Buffer
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jan-02
Buffer Enterprises
The incredible heart that these fighters display individually, plus the comaraderie they share as warriors who could face each other at anytime in the Octagon is amazing. Ryan: Thanks for the enjoyable "Backstage Pass" read. I just finished watching the show again and "UFC 35 Rocked". Dana, Lorenzo and the whole team at ZUFFA are doing an awesome job that only surpasses itself with each new show. Regards to all on the Forum, Bruce Buffer
1/15/02 5:52 PM
travis

Thanks Ryan! Awsome stuff!
1/15/02 10:41 PM
Dana White@Zuffa
1721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not to take anything away from busta but menne was laying on the floor before his fight. had to drink a whole bottle of pepto just to walk out to the ring. i can't say enough about these fighters. i have been in boxing my whole life and have never seen guy's with more HEART!!! i respect and admire them all!!!!!
1/14/02 8:58 PM
RyanBennett

Edited: 14-Jan-02
Ninja got your email, it's on the way. Guys thanks for the nice words. I'm glad people enjoy the behind the scenes stuff and I will continue to post these kind of stories if you enjoy them.
1/14/02 6:26 PM
Gumby
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I couldn't trust the food at the hotel, haven't liked the Marriot since they were in charge of the catering at my college and getting sick was a regular thing. They had sweet and sour cod with brussel sprouts one time for Chrissake!
1/14/02 6:51 PM
sovann

Thanks Ryan! Keep up the good work!
1/15/02 11:31 AM
RyanBennett

Kirik, I heard you were there live, what you can't come say hi? Now that you run the #1 forum your too big for us? LOL
1/15/02 6:34 AM
Kirik
1846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC
TREMENDOUS THREAD!!!
1/15/02 6:55 AM
ubik
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be archived, very good thread
1/14/02 12:00 AM
cjones

ttt
1/15/02 12:39 AM
loretta2474

sweet and sour cod?
1/15/02 1:13 AM
TAP4YOU

HOW ABOUT WE ALL SPEAK OUT FOR LIDDELL vs ORTIZ click below..

TITO vs CHUCK You make it HAPPEN!!

LET THE TRUE FANS SPEAK OUT TO ZUFFA!!!
1/15/02 12:00 AM
cjones

ttt
1/15/02 4:02 AM
Joe Sacto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread should be archived.
1/14/02 10:14 AM
SILENTSTRYKE1

Thanks!! TTT
1/14/02 10:27 AM
loretta2474

KneeStriker, You are right. Many of the fighters and their entourages were sick. I eat at the restaurant as well, did not get sick, but the food was awful. I think the fighters were less able to get downstairs becuase they were busy nursing themselves to optimum health. Even with all of the illness, UFC 35 still turned out to be a great one!
1/14/02 12:13 PM
PolloLoco

Thanks a lot Ryan! I really appreciate informative posts like these.
1/14/02 12:30 PM
URA Toker

Great stuff!!! Thanks for the posts, Ryan. Way cool....
2/14/02 6:31 PM
0utsider

Edited: 14-Feb-02
ttt
1/14/02 1:22 AM
RyanBennett

Barnone what up! The main event was a war. Jens Pulver is the man! He got caught in that second round and the bell was his friend. Then he comes back from really being dominated in round 1 and 2 and does what champions do, WIN! No one gave him a shot, fans disrespected him as the champ and the kid has unbelivable heart! He is a true champ, Can we all give him props please?? BJ on the other hand, I feel awful for. He really took this loss very, very hard. I totally feel for B.J. I don't remember a fighter taking a loss this hard in a long, long time. My heart goes out to you homeboy and don't sweat it; as I told you in the locker room, you will win many, many titles in this sport. Your emotion truly shows how bad you want it. It's going to be a tough trip back, but I'm convinced you will win MANY titles. NO ONE will EVER be undefeated in MMA's. BJ will be one of the most dominant EVER in this sport. On this day though, It was Jens Destiny. All the fighters and UFC personal jumped back on the bus back to the hotel. Joe Silva, B.J. and I sat together from the Mohegan Sun. We all talked about what a great card it was. Almeida was sitting back, bruised, beat up, but that kid has a ton of heart. I love to watch him fight. He too will also be back. Joe is truly a great person to talk with. He's one of those fans you would call and just say dude remember when so-so did this...He is a true fan of the sport. He got a bum rap for UFC 33. It was as great a card as 34 and 35, but for some reason the guys were scared to lose. Now they now they can lose and still win. All I can say is the March show is stacked! The Vitor/Tito staredown was classic! I'm pumped that I will have that on video forever. I haven't been so excited to see a matchup since Shamrock/Tito. We all hope Igor fights Pedro. Pride acts like that might not happen if they use him in February. Who knows for sure, it's still a definite possibility. Well boys and girls, I hope this was enjoyable to read. I want you guys to know, while I do have the coolest job ever, I am a true fan of MMA. That's why I post this stuff, try to give back through pickem contests etc. I love this sport. Try to get your friends to buy the PPV's because the fighters that aren't superstar status, should be paid well for putting their asses on the line every fight. From the big show's to the small ones. Guys work 2 jobs and still entertain us the fans! All fighters have my up most respect. Peace to the Underground!
1/14/02 5:06 AM
Jcup

Thank you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.