UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> best all purpose knife?

11/15/10 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nineteen
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Guys,

i was wondering what you would consider to be the best knife out there. All purpose but more inclined towards hunting/camping.

I was thinking a buck 110- custom

i did a mock one up, with the black oxide blade, rigged asian water buffalo handle, nickle bolsters with finger groves.

what do you think?

do you like finger grooves? is it better without?
AND i've never heard of this black oxide blades before, is that a good buy or should i just go with the satin/mirror finish?

THEN i heard of Cold steel? but checked out their website, and it looked pretty cheesy and their warantee was not as good as for forever.

i value your opinion.
thanks in advance.

oh this is an xmas present.
11/16/10 10:12 PM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benchmade liferaft auto Pictures, Images and Photos

i have had many of these issued to be before deployments and still use the first one issued, the others are in the original box.
11/16/10 11:21 PM
mishto chuckles

I have a cold steel trail master and the knife is excellent also the gurkha kukri is the ultimate weapon. 

Cold steel is kind of cheesy with their advertising but their knifes are the best bang for the buck, they have a good feel and quality steel that really holds an edge and can take a beating.

Also Fallkniven makes a wonderful knife the A1 or A2 and they are not crazy high.

The "Fedor" of all knives is ofcourse the FBM busse knife but good luck affording that.
11/18/10 5:44 PM
nineteen
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks guys!! i appreciate the feed back! :)

Byrd, i dont know what brand that is... please let me know.

I went ahead with the buck since it takes so long to get made. But still looking at something for myself.

Chuckles, thanks, i will have to look those up on the interwebs!

thanks again.
11/19/10 12:52 AM
Byrd

its a benchmade, my fav company

http://www.benchmade.com/index.aspx
11/19/10 1:20 PM
nineteen

they are not cheap, thats for sure. haha
3/19/11 4:53 AM
Byrd

Photobucket

my benchmade
3/19/11 2:00 PM
Old Red Belt

Edited: 03/19/11 2:00 PM
Since I'm not planning an encounter with any tactical situations even at the Ft Polk Wildlife Management area I carry two knives for deer hunting in the field. They would be the Case Trapper and<br />The Case Folding Hunter. Practical useful and pretty. I have probabley skinned and prepared a thousand or more deer and other big game over the years these knives work well. They also have a stigma of being the "gentelman's pocket knife" in Louisiana if you can't show your case knife you are just plain wrong.
3/28/13 8:30 PM
grappler66
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

try bladehq.com

4/1/13 12:45 AM
JackFunk
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cold Steel Bushman, Cheap, Hollow handle that will accept a spear shaft.

4/1/13 12:51 AM
JackFunk
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Himalayan Imports Khukuri (m43 model shown). Hand made in Nepal by craftman working in the centuries old tradition. Can be your axe, knife, skinner, draw knife, etc all in one. They usually have a few smaller knives that come in the sheath.

5/29/13 10:26 PM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

that benchmade knife is the shit. I had one for about 4-5 yrs and lost it. Still pisses me off till this day.

1/1/14 8:21 PM
noshame
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JackFunk - 

Himalayan Imports Khukuri (m43 model shown). Hand made in Nepal by craftman working in the centuries old tradition. Can be your axe, knife, skinner, draw knife, etc all in one. They usually have a few smaller knives that come in the sheath.

HUGE fan of the Kukri. Watch the Cold Steel vid to see the Kukri's capabilities, then go buy an actual Kukri instead of wasting the money on the Cold Steel.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.