UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Parisyan: 'I wanted to put a bullet in my brain'

11/16/10 11:27 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Sergio Non: You just referred to the anxiety that's been hanging over you for the last couple of years. You've spoken in previous interviews about that. How do you deal with those panic attacks these days?

Karo Parisyan: I have a doctor who's talking to the UFC, for me to talk my medication at night time sometimes that I need. Non-narcotic, obviously. It can be an Ativan or a Xanax so whatever it is, just be able to go to sleep so I can continue on with my night and my day.

I didn't know what it was when I was diagnosed with it. I thought I was a chick, no offense to girls. I thought I was acting like a girl. "Oh, I'm having a panic attack, my heart's blah blah blah." I just didn't even want to say it to people.

But when it hit me before the fight and I thought I was going to almost die, I wanted to put a bullet in my brain.

Your brain is basically on a sprint run. You cannot sit down and just kind of calm yourself down. It's impossible.

That's when I said, "You know what? I have something wrong with me, and I'll never walk out to fight again if I feel like this." Before the Thiago Alves fight, you know? Even before the Dong Hyun Kim fight, I walked out, on pain medication, drooling, anxiety, my heart going through the roof.

But I cannot let it control me and control my life. People have lost everything because of anxiety and panic attacks. I kind of lost almost everything too, but I still have a good job, so I just have to come back and redeem myself and show everybody that I can fight. I can beat this and I can beat anybody that's standing in front of me.

People have killed themselves having half of the s--- that I went through. I'm not being cocky. I'm not being an a------. I'm being honest here.

In the past two years I've been through stuff. I've been through hell and I've been back.

SN: In the past you've worked with some big-name camps, like Randy Couture's gym. Have you ever thought about joining one of the prominent gyms on a long-term basis?

KP: Yeah, but they (Xtreme Couture) are in Vegas. I can't move to Vegas. I don't want to move to Vegas. I live in Northridge, Calif. with my family.

I wish they here. I swear to God I wish they were here. If they were in L.A., I swear to God I will be champion within eight months, just because I can go to training every night and have great guys to push me.

Even for this fight, I wanted to go and train with them, but financially, I wasn't ready financially to go on a trip, and go and train. It was kind of hard. I was down to that point.

So I put my camp together here with my friends that help me. As long as I'm in good shape, I've got strength and conditioning coming up really good right now.

As long as I'm mentally fit, clean and mentally focused, and conditioned so my heart's beating good, I'm ready to go.

Read entire interview...

UFC 123
Karo "The Heat" Parisyan vs. Dennis "Superman" Hallman
10 p.m. ET, pay-per-view
Detroit, Michicgan

11/16/10 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poindexter
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's nobody in Vegas that would put him up for a few weeks at a time?
11/16/10 11:43 AM
BrockbackMountain
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you know who i am bro?
11/16/10 11:44 AM
Rcs476
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro are you serious bro?
11/16/10 11:52 AM
jpm995
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll have to shoot himself in the ass.
11/16/10 11:57 AM
ArtWanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow that is messed up. 
11/16/10 12:01 PM
Sinead O Connors Nipples

BrockbackMountain - Do you know who i am bro?

11/16/10 12:21 PM
soulcrusher

If he pulls out of another fight, Dana may put a bullet in his brain for him.
11/16/10 12:29 PM
ksg123

Edited: 11/16/10 12:29 PM
I was like "Are you serious Bro?" and then I tossed him on his head "Bro. Xanax and Ativan are non-narcotic Bro" No for real Bro I only took 2 pills bro and I was drooling going out to the Kim fight. <br /><br />Karo is such a liar, he was addicted opiates and then went on Inside MMA and tried to say he only took a Vicodin his friend gave him when he had 3 DIFFERENT types opiates in his system including Morphine and Codeine I believe. I remember reading the official drug test results and being a former opiate addict myself I can tell you the drugs the found was indicative of an Opiate addict. He himself even said in the interview he was drooling going out to the Kim fight, you don't drool on yourself taking one Vicodin. LOL Then in this interview he tries to say he's taking anti anxiety medicine and his doctor is talking to the UFC and it's "non-narcotic of course" then goes on to say it's Ativan(lorazapam) and Xanax both which are used to come off an opiate addiction and always seem to follow people who have an opiate addiction. Yes Xanax and Ativan are both Narcotics. Yes they are both highly addictive, Xanax withdrawals can be worse then heroin withdrawal and you can die from Xanax withdrawals and Ativan withdrawal like all other Benzos.
11/16/10 12:33 PM
goku

my opinion is the whole TUF episode with nate is what caused the panic attacks
11/16/10 12:35 PM
ksg123

I see Karo failing terribly. Is it me or in the Diego gif does he throw himself on his own head and almost break his neck going for the throw? I wouldn't be surprised if he gets fined or banned for intentionally spiking another opponents head onto the mat which is highly illegal. I see him either paralyzing himself or his opponent or killing himself or said opponent. Then everyone would be like "BROOOOOOOOOOOO"
11/16/10 12:38 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

one delusional fuckin guy
11/16/10 12:39 PM
ksg123

goku -  my opinion is the whole TUF episode with nate is what caused the panic attacks

Read my post, he has no panic attacks its all bullshit. That is an excuse to get prescribed those anti anxiety medication when u are with drawling from opiates and can't sleep for days on end. Trust me, Karo was a full fledged opiate addict.

11/16/10 12:39 PM
ArtWanderlei

He's in the UFC.  How is he not rich and able to go over one state to train?

hopefully he makes some money when they film

THE SMASHING MACHINE PART 2
11/16/10 12:43 PM
ksg123

Edited: 11/16/10 12:48 PM
He had a drug addiction to opiates, simple as that. Many pro wrestlers have the same addiction. It starts with one injury, you get prescribed Vicodin and then move up the latter to Percocets, then to morphine or Oxycontin and eventually if you keep doing it that's how heroin addicts are made. But a lot of people say "Oh i will never do heroin, when they are delusional and are taking a watered down versions of it when they abuse Percocets/morphine ect. They are all Opiates. You would get the same exact feeling for having morphine or Diluted at the hospital through IV for a broken arm as a person taking a small bump of heroin.
11/16/10 12:44 PM
HYBRID JON
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His home seemed nice enough when Reggie Warren visited him, hell he even had the Jonnie Walker Black...
11/16/10 12:47 PM
Telamon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Non-narcotic, obviously. It can be an Ativan or a Xanax so whatever it is,"

both are narcotics
11/16/10 12:51 PM
MMAINCA

I have a feeling Karo is not going to fight or if he does he's gonna get his ass whooped.
11/16/10 12:52 PM
ksg123

Telamon - "Non-narcotic, obviously. It can be an Ativan or a Xanax so whatever it is,"

both are narcotics

Yeah I stated that above, Karo is just an in the closet opiate addict and using Ativan and Xanax as crutch to help him with the withdrawals both mental and physical. Opiates really fuck you up for a long time mentally, you can't sleep right for months or years after becoming addicted and stopping the drug. It's horrible.
11/16/10 1:01 PM
ksg123

Ativan and Xanax are meant for Anti Anxiety. So what makes more since to you guys. Karo all of a sudden has panic attacks at the same moment he gets busted for 3 different types of hardcore opiates. OR he was addicted to Opiates, made up the excuse he had panic attacks to get prescribed Xanax and Ativan which are commonly prescribed for people to deal with withdrawals from opiates? Kinda seems obvious to me. OR maybe its just me because I've seen many opiate addicts and I would say 90% of them are taking Xanax, Klonopin, or Ativan to help with the mental and physical withdrawals. The Most common excuse which works very nice in Karo's favor is that I'm having panic attacks so that the doctor will prescribe you the meds. If they think you are an addict they won't prescribe you the medication because it's addictive.
11/16/10 1:04 PM
Eh_J
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel sorry for Karo.

I still think he has a douchey attitude, but I hope for his and his family's sake, he wins on Saturday, or at least has a good fight.
11/16/10 1:05 PM
Mighty Quinn
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ksg123 - I was like "Are you serious Bro?" and then I tossed him on his head "Bro. Xanax and Ativan are non-narcotic Bro" No for real Bro I only took 2 pills bro and I was drooling going out to the Kim fight.

Karo is such a liar, he was addicted opiates and then went on Inside MMA and tried to say he only took a Vicodin his friend gave him when he had 3 DIFFERENT types opiates in his system including Morphine and Codeine I believe. I remember reading the official drug test results and being a former opiate addict myself I can tell you the drugs the found was indicative of an Opiate addict. He himself even said in the interview he was drooling going out to the Kim fight, you don't drool on yourself taking one Vicodin. LOL Then in this interview he tries to say he's taking anti anxiety medicine and his doctor is talking to the UFC and it's "non-narcotic of course" then goes on to say it's Ativan(lorazapam) and Xanax both which are used to come off an opiate addiction and always seem to follow people who have an opiate addiction. Yes Xanax and Ativan are both Narcotics. Yes they are both highly addictive, Xanax withdrawals can be worse then heroin withdrawal and you can die from Xanax withdrawals and Ativan withdrawal like all other Benzos.

GOOD POST!! nail on the head.....I always lol at people putting 15 or 20 viks a day down sayn "ID NEVER DO H!!" same shit!!! and benzo abuse is just as bad as anything else....had a good friend die mixing her somas n lories.....face down in her bed......rip cat;o(
11/16/10 1:09 PM
ksg123

It would be a totally different story if he didn't get busted for 3 different types of opiates then along with that say he has panic attacks and now is prescribed Xanax and Ativan. If you have any clue what opiate addiction is or have read extensively or have experienced it yourself you would come to the same exact conclusion I came to which is..

Karo is full of shit, obviously had an Opiate addiction. Quit because of testing and is now probably going through mental withdrawals and craving stages where Ativan and Xanax will only allow him to sleep at night. Trust me I have had almost 20 years experience with this type of behavior and have seen hundreds of people in the same boat. Do some reading about opiate addiction, asks questions in forums about people who have been addiction and what they used to come off opiates. You will find that there are very similar behaviors and excuses that Karo is doing. It's sad and honestly I don't seem him doing well if he couldn't admit to it and is still in phase 1 of denial. When he gets hurt again he will relapse and be back in the same boat again. Seen it time after time.
11/16/10 1:12 PM
ksg123

Edited: 11/16/10 1:14 PM
Finally someone understands, I'm sure there are a lot of other mma fighters who have gone through this horrid cycle of opiate and benzo addiction after fights when they get hurt and have to take pad meds for extended amounts of time and are basically forced fed them and end up addicted.
11/16/10 1:15 PM
Mighty Quinn

I would also say i dont blame him for tryn to cover this up....big money on the line n all.....

its very easy to say "NOT ME SUCKERS"...but it gets you b4 you know you have a problem.....also people turn to H cuz its cheaper.....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.