UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Caro Parisyan: "Dana's got a heart man"

11/17/10 1:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JT42382
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parisyan always thought White would let him fight again

By Steve Cofield
Karo Parisyan has had a lot of low points over the years, but he was at rock bottom the Friday before UFC 106. Because of struggles with an anxiety disorder and injuries, the veteran fighter had to drop out of his bout against Dustin Hazelett. Dana White lost his cool, going ballistic on Twitter.

Karo Parisyan has [expletive] over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!

Parisyan has worked way back into the good graces of the promotion and the UFC president. He returns to the Octagon this weekend at UFC 123 against Dennis Hallman.

The Armenian had been fighting for White since 2003, so he never lost hope.

"I never thought the door was closed," Parisyan told The Canadian Press. "I knew that I would fight again, I just knew it. I know Dana White. I know how he thinks, I know how he works. And when somebody says something like that, I know that in the heat of the moment he got pissed and he just said that. I knew I would eventually make my way back to the UFC because I didn't kill nobody."

In addition to bailing from a fight at UFC 88 because of his mental struggles, he was also fined $32,000 and suspended for nine months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after a positive test for pain killers at UFC 94.

"Anxiety led to that going even more crazy," Parisyan said. "It was just whole combination of things, man. I've never been 100 per cent walking in the cage. The best I've been was maybe 70 per cent and I wasn't even 10 per cent for that (UFC 88) fight."

Optimism was about all Parisyan had after what were two difficult years. He was also confident that he could talk White into giving him another shot.

"Dana's got a heart, man. He has a heart. And he does care about his fighters. He does care about people," Parisyan said. "Sure, if you need money, you talk to him, you tell him. Dana never says no that much, unless it's something outrageous. He'll work with you."

Now the pressure is really on for Parisyan. He’s only fought once in 22 months and the NSAC fine buried him in debt. At least this is a start. It’d be nice to see Parisyan reach his potential. This was a guy who was on the verge of a UFC welterweight title shot back in 2005. His career is now a fight-by-fight proposition.

11/17/10 1:58 PM
I luvz 8==D
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is this Caro?
11/17/10 2:00 PM
andre
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karo has matured a lot in the last few years. He's been through a really rough time, but ultimately I think it has made him a better person. He has always had a really good heart, but I think that he had ego issues that needed to be checked in some way.

Hard times often break people, but they also provide a chance for someone to go through hell and come out stronger and better in many different ways.
11/17/10 2:06 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2071 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I luvz 8==D -  Who is this Caro?

Karo Parsnipyan's evil twin.
11/17/10 2:43 PM
Irregular John
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cue "don't you know who I am?" gif!

I feel a lot of sympathy for Karo's mental issues. I'm a mark for fighters with demons like this having dealt with similar issues myself and I really hope he can redeem himself.
11/17/10 3:29 PM
MountainMedic
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wait............. dana will lend me money???
11/17/10 3:33 PM
MMApostle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mountain...That is what im getting from this too. Where do I sign up?

In all honesty, Dana is a lot better than people make him out to be. His fighters have said over and over again he takes care of them.
11/17/10 4:32 PM
ranier wolfcastle
997 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32k fine? wow thats steep.
11/17/10 6:40 PM
soldierdad5417

MountainMedic -  wait............. dana will lend me money???

As long as it's not outrageous, he'll work with you or so I've read.
11/17/10 8:29 PM
ocbadapple

Good for Karo
11/17/10 8:45 PM
Kostakio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana, I need money. C'mon. I'll suck yo dick. Seriously. I'll do that. Phone Post
11/17/10 8:48 PM
jacktripper

PAID SHILLS!!!!11

-the ug
11/17/10 9:33 PM
Forssberg

I love Karo but he will be at a great disadvantage as probably the smallest WW in the division.
11/17/10 11:14 PM
joe canada
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know a lot of you will hate on me, but I personally don't have a lot of time for 'rehabilitated jerks'.

Guy had problems, guy did this, guy did that. But now he's getting another (and another and another) chance to make good. Ok. Amen.

But this is still the same guy who walked into the TUF house and expected everyone to brow down to his greatness. He picked a fight with a guy who couldn;t step up without risking his spot (nate). Dude, you know you have personality issues when you make Nate Diaz look like the classy guy in an exchange.

how about this: you had a shot. You had several shots. Now it's time for any one of a whole list of really nice guys who worked really hard to step up and take the shot that you're sitting on.

When Karo puts together a string of impressive victories and earns his place on the roster, ok. More than one fighter has been cut and earned his way back on the big stage. Or even humble yourself enough to jump on a TUF comeback show. Serra and Cote went that route and both parlayed it to great success.

But until and unless he does that, he's in the way of the more deserving.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.