UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> AFC1 - Injustice

11/17/10 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SyN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/10 12:44 AM

Guys,<br /><br />I wrote on the AFC thread but this deserves some real attention.<br /><br />Ross Dallow was cheated out of a win last Friday on AFC. <br /><br />If you haven't watched the video or the event, watch below:<br /><br />http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10800031<br /><br />His fight again Jeremy May starts at 2:20:11.<br /><br />Watch for yourself and see if at any point you believe J May's vision is restricted. Also watch him in the corner when he is trying to recover.<br /><br />Australia's "Most experienced Ref" did not consult the ringside Doctor. If you can find a single official that believes Jeremy telling the truth, I would be very surprised. <br /><br />This has to be addressed as it impact Ross' record, his earnings from the fight and his reputation. <br /><br />Further it questions what the officiating standards are at a show like this. As you can see in the Video he was examined before entering the ring and there was nothing on him.<br /><br />Getting a decision like this over turned is near impossible, everyone there that is in any official capacity has said on or off the record that procedure was not followed and the result was questionable.
11/18/10 1:00 AM
Mr Dooley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really sucks for ross dallow, hopefully this situation gets resolved. not only is is bad for ross, but looks bad for australian mma
11/18/10 11:06 PM
DIMA

It looked like a pretty dodgy decision... Ross had him the bag... Phone Post
11/19/10 6:16 AM
walbjj
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hypothetical question, but can fighters use linament at all?like dencorub? or is that illegal?
11/20/10 1:13 AM
DMMA

For starters the ref doesn't need to consult the doctor regarding this type of thing. You don't need to be a doctor to smell. I spoke to Steve straight after the event and he said that he could smell lineament when he went over to Ross' corner and it was also obvious that Jeremy's eyes were irritated.

It's well known that you can mask lineaments and lotions by saturating the skin in days before the fight. The skin soaks it in and appears normal, as you start to sweat it comes out of the pores. So having a check before entering the ring doesn't exclude the possibility.

Regarding it reflecting on the show, the ref is an independent official and should be viewed as such. So if people judge the show because of what the ref decided, that's plain dumb.

From what I heard Jeremy still had issues with his eyes later in the night. But at the end of the day only those involved know for sure.
11/20/10 8:25 PM
SyN

Edited: 11/23/10 12:45 AM
DMMA,<br /><br />I will start off by clarifying that I am very biased as I was in Ross' s corner and consider him my friend and am obviously annoyed by this.<br /><br />A few points to consider:<br /><br />Firstly, as you would guess, Ross' strategy was not to stand and bang with a guy with such a height advantage and knock out power. It was to submit him. As such greasing would not make much sense. <br />As far as the "well known" fact, I think as many people who have said this is actually possible to do, the same number if not more have dismissed the skin saturation theory. To think that a pro fighter spend his last few days soaking in lineament is an interesting concept, especially considering that the day before the fight, Ross had to sweat out a significant amount of water (Sauna) to make the weight class (unlike JM who was a kilo over). Now if the sweat didn't bring out the lineament that he supposedly soaked himself in.... I don't know what would have.<br />Also as I am sure you do with your fighters, Ross warmed up before he fought, that meant some pad work for his hands, pads for his thai, light stand up wrestling and some rolling with his BJJ coach Carlos Vieira. If you have ever had the pleasure of rolling with Ross you would know that he swaets a lot! and just a light warm up had him sweating a lot.... so again if there was going to be any smell or lineament release I think it would show.<br />Next, if Steve genuinely believed that Ross had used an illegal substance (as it now appears on his record), he would have disqualified him instantly, why would he say that if Jeremy can clear his eyes, the fight can go on? Surely if this is such a blatantly illegal strategy, it would mean instant disqualification?<br />The Doctor being called in isn't something I have made up, it's from the commission themselves, I don't need Peter Lewis smell our corner, but checking a fighter that says he has serious vision loss is important, perhaps getting repeatedly punched in the head could lead to this and qualified doctor would be the way to go. Peter Lewis instantly walked up to Ross as he left the ring, rubbed Ross's arms etc into his own eyes (peter's eyes) and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with him.<br />Commision members have also commented that perhaps the smell test could be confusing as it could have originated in the other corner. As we pointed out on the night, the smell could have come from anything in either corner as there are things like towels etc that weren't used on the fighter but for clearing up the corner etc.<br />Also, as you were at the event, did you at any point think that JM was having trouble seeing? During the stop and re-start in the middle of the ring did you get any indication that his eyes were damaged?<br />. The person most loudly pushing the status of JM's eyes in his corner was actually one of the match maker/promoters who told me he was neutral depsite the fact that he is in the guys corner, wearing his t-shirt and yelling at Steve P that JM can't see. So if that doesn't smell a little fishy....<br />Finally, just because JM's team say he had trouble with eyes later on, doesn't mean it is true.<br /><br />As a party involved, I know for sure..... I also know what many officials other than SP have said. I am sure same situation, no other team would like a fighter to be treated like that.<br /><br /> <br />
11/21/10 5:23 AM
DIMA

Well said SyN... I'd be very surprised if all the American fighters weren't guarenteed victories by the AFC... Part of the deal to get them down here... Obviously they saw Ross was going to win and had to find a way to screw him out of the WIN Phone Post
11/21/10 6:12 AM
moles

Edited: 11/21/10 6:12 AM
<blockquote>DIMA - Well said SyN... I'd be very surprised if all the American fighters weren't guarenteed victories by the AFC... Part of the deal to get them down here... Obviously they saw Ross was going to win and had to find a way to screw him out of the WIN <br /><br />

Your second dumb post in the hour. Not to bright are you.
11/21/10 6:28 AM
DIMA

Makes you a direct descendant of Einstein for following my posts doesn't it Phone Post
11/21/10 8:36 PM
byron2001

Edited: 11/21/10 8:40 PM
"Well said SyN... I'd be very surprised if all the American fighters weren't guarenteed victories by the AFC... Part of the deal to get them down here... Obviously they saw Ross was going to win and had to find a way to screw him out of the WIN"

LOL that's a little much man, seriously.

It was certainly a bizarre situation... I would've loved to hear a Dr's report on JM eyes.. If he couldn't see you would definitely see discoloration (swelling, redness etc etc)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.