UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sobotta & Reljic go 0-3, released by UFC

11/18/10 1:36 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

It looks like UFC 122 fighters Peter Sobotta and Goran Reljic are the latest casualties of the UFC's new lose three fights in a row and you're out policy.

Both fighters lost their fights on Saturday night in Oberhausen, Germany, bringing their losing streaks to three apiece and prompting the UFC to release them.

Sabotta dropped unanimous decisions to Paul Taylor and TUF 9 winner James Wilks before losing in the same manner to TUF 7 winner, Amir Sadollah in his last bout in the Octagon.

Croatian grappler, and protege of heavyweight icon Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Goran Reljic has been made a free agent after being outpointed by Krzysztof Soszynski at UFC 122 this past weekend. The 26-year old, who was recently considered one of MMA’s upcoming prospects after compiling an 8-0 start to his career, has dropped a trio of decisions since returning from a back injury last February that had kept him out of action for the better part of two years.

Read entire artcle...

11/18/10 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RickStorm
1603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer...

Is all I can think of to say
11/18/10 1:56 PM
inf0
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keep exciting fighters

lose the blankets
11/18/10 1:59 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can only hang onto that win over Gouveia (and how good is that win in hindsight???) for so long.
11/18/10 2:00 PM
BruceLeeMMAfighting
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was stupid of him to fight at 205 against Sozysnski when all his other fighters were 185.
11/18/10 2:04 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair decision. He got reasonable fights, but couldn't deliver.
11/18/10 2:06 PM
piratepirate
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goran needed to go, but its still sad.
I don't know if he needs more experience, or to change up where / how he trains.
I mean, he only lost by decisions, I even think he won his last one.
(Whatever judge gave Krystof 30 - 27 was on drugs)
11/18/10 2:49 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injuries. One has to wonder how many careers would have gone differently if people's bodies could just hold together. Christ, look at Shogun.

Guy could have shot legs by 30, imagine if he never had any knee injuries?

The entire last 2 years of the LHW division change.
11/18/10 2:52 PM
Peckerwood

no surprise here and justified...
11/18/10 3:44 PM
BJJkilla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BruceLeeMMAfighting - It was stupid of him to fight at 205 against Sozysnski when all his other fighters were 185.

he actually fought at LHW most of his career, when he came back to the UFC from his injury is when he decided to move down to MW; we all saw how shitty he looked so he moved back up.

11/18/10 3:51 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

205 is the right weight class for him. Couple of fights in the Euro circuit and then back to UFC
11/18/10 3:55 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
ZugZug - Everyone seems sad he was released. Was anyone even still paying attention 12 minutes into his fight with Krystofsrys Sozysknyskynszksy.

I actually enjoyed the fight, but I have no beef with Goran being released...
11/18/10 4:56 PM
PJ Benn Fan
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think hes a lot better than what he has showed. Unfortunately you still have to show it and he hasnt so I understand why.

11/18/10 5:33 PM
MoneyMO
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJkilla - he actually fought at LHW most of his career, when he came back to the UFC from his injury is when he decided to move down to MW; we all saw how shitty he looked so he moved back up.

Actually, Reljic first attempted a drop down to 185 for a bout with Thales Leites at UFC 90, just after his win over Wilson Gouveia at 205. He got injured before the fight, the first in a long series of subsequent injuries.

It was very odd that he wanted to drop down weightclass immediately after scoring what was considered a pretty significant victory at a higher weightclass at the time.
11/18/10 5:36 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now he can go back to being a real hero..
11/18/10 5:51 PM
Sudo21
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He fought at HW here in Croatia as far as i know.

He had three tough and close fights in the UFC, it's not like he got blown away.

In my opinion, judges did him no favors in his fights at 185. In fight against Dollaway ref screwed badly in third round when he didn't intervene at right time because of CB's fence grabbing, and IMO he beat Grove.

Well, back to the european circuit and i hope he can work his way back to the UFC, he sure has talent to fight there.
11/18/10 6:59 PM
HOWtasteMYbigPP
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very talented young fighter, his fight against Gouveia was an absolute clinic. He'll be back.
11/18/10 7:03 PM
mijo

I dont see the talent. Gouveia is over rated as well. I think he is good, but great and talented, maybe at kickboxing. Injuries do take something away from you for sure.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.