UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Is this the only amp to make this sound?

11/19/10 9:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/10 9:15 AM

I'm sold on the pickup but was wondering if a super reverb could pull this off.

It's a charval san dimas with bare knuckles pickup (vhII) plugged into a 1970 fender super lead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3TyV-Lbq8
11/24/10 5:57 PM
Nostradumbass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds good to me...
12/1/10 12:42 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what is in between the pickup and amp besides a cable.
12/1/10 6:07 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive always seen that pickup advertised in the back of guitarwold. Never actually heard them though
12/2/10 2:07 AM
sreiter

seriously the most unmusical sound i ever heard.

it's just noise that has no sonic qualities at all.

check out fuches

here crappy over saturated you probably like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIzdXTb8s_A&feature=related

heres what it should sound like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmg2ENYphs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH9ynd90-NQ&feature=related
12/2/10 5:00 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's nice that you volunteer your opinion,sreiter. But you don't actually have to be a colossal prick about it.

Worst part is you're wrong.
12/3/10 1:48 AM
sreiter

LMAO - sure dude, the jar of angry bees is the best tone tone ever.

fuck dude, if you're saying the buzz is part of the music and lyrical, as opposed to buzz for buzz sake... separate from music and isn't just there to distortion like a shit stereo with blown out speakers on 10, then i say you have no musically discernible ear

serious, you really gonna tell me the blown speaker tone is musical? did you listen to the youtube vids? see no difference?

you think clatons tone on strange brew is the same as someone playing through 10 big muffs driving a jcm 900 dual reverb?
12/3/10 11:19 AM
Racer X

Why are you being confrontational about something so based on opinion?

Do I prefer the tone in the pickup demo to the tone in the clips you posted? No,but that isn't my point.

My point is your condescending "here crappy over saturated you probably like" followed by an arrogant  "heres what it should sound like"  makes you sound like someone who thinks what they like is the only thing. That would be wrong.

And tell Link Wray or Dave Davies that you can't use a damaged speaker to add to your tone.

Do you see my point now? Just because a caustic, angry guitar tone isn't your cup of tea doesn't make it wrong.

"it's just noise that has no sonic qualities at all." is a factually incorrect statement.

12/3/10 2:53 PM
sreiter

racer - i'm just fucking with you (being a little TOO agro with you)...

as far as my "here's a crappy tone you probably like".....thats just my colorful way....its more how i talk to friends then i would someone i really want to put down

re: dave davies....sorry, but his tone sounds like a wet blanket thrown over his speakers.....i dont think slicing speakers add to tone....but if you want to talk sonics, its not like the voice coil is blown

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.