UnderGround Forums

MMA Photography UnderGround >> The Ultimate Sports Camera

2/11/12 1:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CombatCaptured
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most Commissions have a "no flash" at ringside rule, but they don't always mandate amateur or pro wrestling.

Sometimes pro wrestling is mandated just because they make big money off the WWE.

SM, I see what you see, but guessing it's just SL's trademark over processing or the light crew didn't even out the lighting and there are some bright spots.
2/11/12 3:29 PM
SnapLocally
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And your trademark is cliche, boring, uninspired shots. 

I don't know why you keep akwardly using the word "intuition", but maybe you should work on the "it" factor instead. As in your shots don't have "it".   
2/12/12 2:28 PM
CombatCaptured

Edited: 02/12/12 2:33 PM

Sorry I haven't had time to troll you more this weekend SL, I was busy and didn't have time to sit at the computer and refresh the page 24/7, you sure are quick to respond to posts. I took a minute to check and some posts of yours were in the same hour??? that's some crazy obsession you have with me dude...

SnapLocally is COOL? how old are you? and who the fuck goes around saying I have a "cool" website these days?  It's even more funny since even your "fans" on facebook need to be told what you do

• I don't care what it is, I cover it all and at another level!
  • SnapLocally **PHOTOGRAPHY** in case you don't know
And that "other level" is that "it" level you must me talking about, as in SHIT.

And you called me out for mentioning my alexa rating, at least I can prove it, while you go and brag about a BS 6 million hits??   LOL 6 million hits and a website rating of only 21 million, that's the biggest load of BS todate from you.

You can talk all you want about me and my work, everyone can see it's just that, talk.
While you're easily proven an amateur in every way possible (except internet spelling lol)

I'm out for the rest of the day so feel free to take some time to either pretend you're not refreshing this page non-stop or figure out what next to say, OH maybe you should spend more time uploading images so you can post them here since you have nothing better to do, either way don't feel rushed, I'll troll you some more tomorrow as I only had aboot 10min today to write this up (I'm quick cause I don't need to look up big words in the dictionary and worry aboot spelling on a internet forum)

PS I didn't spell "aboot" wrong, I'm Canadian ;) 
2/12/12 8:26 PM
SnapLocally
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still obsessing over me? How embarassing for you.

Yes, you are a complete insecure douche for basing your fragile ego on a fucking Alexa rank, and you've awkwardly interjected it into this discussion several times now. How many times did I mention the number of hits my site has? Zero. YOU brought it up because you are researching me

"And you called me out for mentioning my alexa rating, at least I can prove it, while you go and brag about a BS 6 million hits?? LOL 6 million hits and a website rating of only 21 million, that's the biggest load of BS todate from you."

Unlike yourself I don't need to make shit up, and my value as a person isn't wrapped up in artificial bullshit like Alexa numbers, money, or your over-priced equipment that you take marginal shots with. But to address your silly claim- that I'm lying- no. I don't need to lie to anyone, and I sure as hell don't need to lie to you. Actual and current numbers:

Successful server requests:     6,412,871 Requests (hits)
Distinct hosts served:     386,391 Hosts (numbers of individuals that have visited my site)

You know what I can prove? Let's count the ways:

- your site only has 3 more Facebook "likes" than my own

- Google "MMA Photography" and the first thing you'll see are 5 images: 2 SnapLocally's, 2 Hywel Teague's, and one of Zack's. You aren't in the mix.

- Look up "MMA Photography" in Google images. I've got 2 of the first four spots. I see Zack's work, Hywel Teague's, Tracy Lee's... what's this? That's right- you're not in the mix.

- Google "Combat Sports Photography". The first entry is a paid ad. The next 3 entries lead directly to SnapLocally.

-  Look up "Combat Sports Photography" in Google images. SnapLocally images occupy the 1st, 2nd and 4th spots- that's right- 3 of the top 4. And once again,  you're not in the mix.

Huh, even by your own bullshit standards I'm better than you.

Consider me laughing like a fucking hyena, right in your face.

</thread>
2/13/12 12:47 PM
CombatCaptured

Don't have more then a min to troll you.

Google results differ with location, city, state, country, it's semi personalized

You don't show up on mine, but local guys here do.

You pictures show up a bit, but all from forums that get the traffic hits, NOT from your site, NONE with direct from your site, and on a side note, WOW do you post a lot on different forums, talk about needing to feed your insecurites..

PS mind the spell, my ride out of town is here, Troll you later
2/13/12 4:21 PM
SnapLocally

Edited: 02/13/12 4:22 PM
I tested your theory using a German proxy and using Google.ca instead of .com, different browser, clean cache and cookies, and got the same EXACT results. Nothing is personalized- semi or otherwise- I've had this computer less than 24 hours.

So, once more:

- Google "MMA Photography" and the first thing you'll see are 5 images: 2 SnapLocally's, 2 Hywel Teague's, and one of Zack's. You aren't in the mix.

- Look up "MMA Photography" in Google images. I've got 2 of the first four spots. I see Zack's work, Hywel Teague's, Tracy Lee's... what's this? That's right- you're not in the mix.

- Google "Combat Sports Photography". The first entry is a paid ad. The next 3 entries lead directly to SnapLocally.

- Look up "Combat Sports Photography" in Google images. SnapLocally images occupy the 1st, 2nd and 4th spots- that's right- 3 of the top 4. And once again, you're not in the mix.

</thread>

2/14/12 1:15 PM
CombatCaptured

LOL you're really freaking out here, at least you make for good reading entertainment for the rest of us all.

You sure went through a whole lot of trouble to prove me wrong, problem is you're STILL wrong, google it (local, state, country)

Try other searches, like flower store, for me it shows canadian and edmonton (my city) right from the top AND through the next few pages, that's because it google is all knowing. (do not doubt this, they will know!!)

Not to mention the fact that images/sites wont show up for "keywords" if they don't use them, so at the very most you only prove you spam forums and and make good use of keywords.

All the rest of us reading this know for sure is:
(they can check for themselves and not listen to the petty forum war)

Who has the more popular site (by a HUGE margin)
Who works for REAL $$$ and who works for free
Who works Pro shows and who works Amateur
Who has more images with "connections" (again a HUGE margin)
Who's company makes enough revenue to purchase Pro equipment

I'll give you:
Who makes better use of "keywords" and spams photography forums
Who over processes his hobby shots
Who has better internet spelling
Who is insecure and easily agitated
Who is easily Trolled (seriously, you're going to hit page 4!!)

HEY that's 5 each!!!  Guess were even ;)

PS were 1/2 way through page 3 and you haven't forced mediocer shots on us yet, better got to it!
2/14/12 4:16 PM
SnapLocally

2/15/12 1:13 PM
CombatCaptured

Edited: 02/15/12 1:17 PM
We all know you did, but just finally ran out of excuses, you would have been better off just not posting.
Since you used the "didn't read it" excuse before and it was BS then too ;)
You took the time to search out a gif and post it, your personality wont let you ignore it.
Just like you'll still need to make the last post, be it image or rant. ;)

#trollingyou

Edit: lol got a message saying the guy in the gif is probably actually you, now everything make sense!
2/15/12 3:35 PM
SnapLocally

Still obsessing over me? How embarassing for you.

Yes, you are a complete insecure douche for basing your fragile ego on a fucking Alexa rank, and you've awkwardly interjected it into this discussion several times now. How many times did I mention the number of hits my site has? Zero. YOU brought it up because you are researching me.

"And you called me out for mentioning my alexa rating, at least I can prove it, while you go and brag about a BS 6 million hits?? LOL 6 million hits and a website rating of only 21 million, that's the biggest load of BS todate from you."

Unlike yourself I don't need to make shit up, and my value as a person isn't wrapped up in artificial bullshit like Alexa numbers, money, or your over-priced equipment that you take marginal shots with. But to address your silly claim- that I'm lying- no. I don't need to lie to anyone, and I sure as hell don't need to lie to you. Actual and current numbers:

Successful server requests: 6,412,871 Requests (hits)
Distinct hosts served: 386,391 Hosts (numbers of individuals that have visited my site)

- Look up "Combat Sports Photography" in Google images. SnapLocally images occupy the 1st, 2nd and 4th spots- that's right- 3 of the top 4. And once again, you're not in the mix.

2/17/12 3:38 PM
CombatCaptured

Sorry I didn't have the time to Troll you yesterday SL, I know it's about the only attention your work gets.

UFC uses Alexa.com ratings to judge online news sites for credentials, it's about the best way, even if it's not totally accurate, but it IS more accurate then someone posting some numbers that can't be proven. (Were actually all still wating the "shopped" screen shot to prove it ;)

Speaking of the UFC, you had 2 years experience as the "Premier Photographer" in Minnesota,

So we'd all love to see your shots from the UFC there in 2008!!!

PS
I have 5 more fans then you on Facebook now :)
People reading this thread "liked" me
Oh... guess that means no one reading this "liked" you... your still at 218... so sad...

On a serious note, I really should be working the online social media thing better...
2/18/12 12:54 PM
SnapLocally

I see you're still here, gloating about your perceived worth based on Alexa rankings. 

Pointing, laughing.

2/18/12 4:58 PM
CombatCaptured

Seriously, we are all very eager to see the best "combat sport photographer" (Your words) in Minnesota (Or the World?) from the UFC that was there in 2008?

You had been shooting for 2 years by then, so your skill would have been mastered by then.

2/18/12 7:31 PM
SnapLocally

Keith Mills is a better MMA photographer than you, and he's homeless. 

But whatever. Keep desperately clinging to that Alexa ranking, dummy. 
2/19/12 1:26 PM
CombatCaptured

CombatCaptured - Seriously, we are all very eager to see the best "combat sport photographer" (Your words) in Minnesota (Or the World?) from the UFC that was there in 2008?

You had been shooting for 2 years by then, so your skill would have been mastered by then.

Being you're the best in Minnesota, your UFC shots should be awesome! Can't wait to see them!
2/21/12 11:11 AM
SnapLocally

I was there, and I was actually offered a position to do personal security for Brock Lesnar's after party, as ridiculous as that sounds. I rejected the offer as I already had a ticket (or rather a comp, as a photographer for a local paper I'm friends with gave them to me as a thank you for giving him tips, which he used as he covered the event). I was invited to shoot the after party as well, but was tired and opted to get some sleep instead.

Sorry to piss on your sad little "trump card", but hey, you'll always have your Alexa rank and 3 more Facebook "likes" as proof of how "superior" your work is.

2/21/12 6:22 PM
CombatCaptured

Someone sent me the link a while ago, interesting read, looks like the rant above was BS, you could tell it was BS just by reading it, but the link is golden. You're a huge MMA fan and you turned down a paid after party gig cause you were tired, BS.

And why would a free ticket (calling BS on that too) mean you'd have to turn down a paid security gig ALSO for an after party??? Needless to say, no one wanted you to shoot the event, what does that say about your work...

http://elevenoone.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-115.html?s=5bdee77add1a7d988dcfb802c6bc1d7d

Jason

Update:

My request has been rejected.

I get treated like shit on the local level, and now that my one shot at the big time and only thing keeping me interested in MMA photography is gone.

Fuck it. I give up.

Jason

The last event I shot as seen above (the 11th), well, it fucking sucked for me. I was told I was "hired" to shoot, and the promoter agreed to my asking price. But, due to an error make on his behalf, he wasn't able to attend his own event. His wife and fellow promoter/WEC fighter Brock Larson took over the promoting duties of the evening. What that meant to me was no envelope, no pay. The promoter's wife assured me I'd be taken care of, but, to this day, nothing. Not even a single sale. Just a whole fucking day spent planning my schedule around his event. I even left early to avoid the storms. So, for my troubles, I got to drive 70 miles each direction, and I wasn't even offered a hotel room.

2/22/12 11:08 AM
SnapLocally

Oh, is this "trolling"? Looks like more pathetic stalking to me.

In any event everything I stated is true. I did put in request to shoot the UFC and it was rejected because they don't allow "shopping" of their event photos.

"Needless to say, no one wanted you to shoot the event, what does that say about your work"

It says that I'm a freelance photographer and not working for a working publication.

I also never said that the after party shoot was a "paid gig"- I said I was invited to shoot it. The security gig I turned down was absolutely a paid gig, but I turned it down because I already had a comp for the event. Call bullshit all you want, but there's only one person here with questionable credibility.

And oh yes- I don't shoot MMA events anymore. I too have paid all the dues I'm going to pay, and thanks to cheap promoters and more importantly "photographers" that give away their work for free just to be a part of the show, the local market isn't profitable. As a matter of fact, the last event I shot I was hired by Sherdog. When they gave me their contract several days after the event I opted to keep my shots and the rights to them rather than lose all rights for a rather low pay.

Rest assured, everything I've stated is 100% factual. But perhaps you should find another hobby- your obsession with me isn't entirely healthy.
5/1/13 7:55 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1DX is the best. Undisputed Champ.
4/2/14 2:57 PM
Sportmaster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nikon D4S

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.