UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Do people come into contact with the devil?

11/21/10 11:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
warmonky
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if in minor not clearcut ways,do you think this can happen?
11/22/10 6:22 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

warmonky - Even if in minor not clearcut ways,do you think this can happen?

I think the Devil focuses on the big dogs. World leaders, leaders of Christian organizations, etc. Like when the Devil went after Jesus to tempt him yet everyone else in the New Testament was plagued by some demon or demons.
4/30/11 3:14 PM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
4/30/11 3:25 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well that would probably depend on your point of view.
4/30/11 5:41 PM
5pointer

he was defeated at the cross... so nah
5/1/11 10:59 AM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight."

CS Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters."
5/1/11 5:28 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/01/11 5:28 PM
Lahi - "There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight."

CS Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters."

To a Kabbalist that would equate to claiming that you own swamp land on the moon, perhaps you put too much faith in this c.s. lewis dude.

5/1/11 5:33 PM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I'm not quoting him as an authority. I'm quoting him because he sums up my understanding of the Christian perspective pretty well, which is where I'm coming from.
5/1/11 5:33 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you need a balance.

you cant disbelieve in the devil, and you cant go looking for him under every rock.
5/2/11 9:19 AM
Robert Wynne

devils are located in the abyss, and cannot harm you or come into contact with you, unless you are thrown into the abyss.

Evil eye can effect you, but you protect yourself from evil eye through prayer to the Lord.

This is the Kabbalistic view.
5/2/11 3:49 PM
Robert Wynne

DyingBreed - you need a balance.

you cant disbelieve in the devil, and you cant go looking for him under every rock.

i see your point, in olden days you could go looking for them or scry them, but it required a set ceremony, personally i could never understand one who would try it, as according to the writings of those who claim to have accomplished this, it did not come with no strings attached.

perhaps what some people are considering to be devils or jinn, is actually the ghosts who walk the earth and so many search for proof of today?
5/2/11 10:40 PM
TheStewedOwl
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The devil? Probably concerned with the bigger issues. Devils (other subordinate fallen angels)? I think they probably have lots of time to mess with people's souls, particularly those that invite them in. Best not to worry too much about them and give them too much importance, but not to deny their possibility, either. I would suspect that if they present themselves directly to people, they paint themselves in the color of the times.

As the late John A. Keel once said, he began his research as a ufologist and wound up as a demonologist.
5/3/11 2:53 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demons are very common. Jesus and his disciples ran into them quite often
5/3/11 11:02 PM
Juijitsuboxer

Written AFTER Christ was risen to the right hand of the Father

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
5/4/11 1:43 PM
Juijitsuboxer

thanks for the opinion Magicmaninthesky.
5/4/11 1:52 PM
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am convinced that Satan is actually the very real spiritual personality that controls the domination system of the entire world. That we come in contact with Satan not often directly bit through the manifestations of this domination within the powers and everyday evils in our lives. Usually through deception but sometimes in direct confrontation

rev
5/4/11 2:50 PM
Ridgeback

I didn't want to bring this up, but based on many of his past posts I believe that warmonky may suffer from schizophrenia.  Therefore, it does not help to in any way exacerbate his fears even if you are trying to provide a truthful answer.  Most people who are new here are not aware of this, but he stops by now and then for some encouragement and I don't want anybody's posts to make something he may be struggling with worse.
5/4/11 10:52 PM
PastorJosh

I believe that it's possible, yes. I remember the book of Job where Satan was in direct contact with Job, and I do remember in Scripture, demons knew Paul's name, so I do believe that it is possible, yes. Has it happened? I cannot say for sure. The only instance I know of is the old story of Martin Luther, and I do not know if it's true. The story is told that one night M.L was awaken out of a deep sleep and saw the devil in his room. He looked at him and said, "Oh, it's only you," and returned to sleep. Like I said, I do not know if it's true. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.