UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bell in the falcao fight rang with 8 seconds left

11/21/10 1:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
v1y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want to say that the UFC timer was wrong, but Goldberg clearly says, "10 seconds left", when there is 0:12 on the ufc clock, and i'm pretty sure i can hear the 10 seconds left clapping sound at 0:09.

There needs to be serious outrage over this. Did the scorekeeper have money on harris or something?
11/21/10 1:23 PM
StevetheWeasel
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/21/10 1:52 PM
forrestfan
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3S54H1Lhg

more like 6 seconds left, but the on screen clock isn't official. I can't hear the 10 second warning on here.
11/21/10 2:12 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this actually should be investigated. The warning goes off when the on-screen clock hits 9, then IMMEDIATELY the bell sounds. That's shady.
11/21/10 2:16 PM
gibboau
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed this during the fight as well. Forgot about it after the third though Phone Post
11/21/10 2:19 PM
michaelc1978
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, how hard is it for the production team to have the clock synced with the actual time. Great find. Phone Post
11/21/10 2:22 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

michaelc1978 -  Seriously, how hard is it for the production team to have the clock synced with the actual time. Great find. Phone Post

The production team was only 1-second off. The guy handling the bell blew it at least 6 seconds early. This athletic commision should be ashamed. It gives Harris time to not lose, which he probably would have given the extra time, and it also makes Falcao look dirty, which he obviously isn't.

Also interesting is that Miragliotta said to Harris, "Get up, get up, come on, it's not over. It's not over" or something and Harris says, "He held that too long!" Not really.
11/21/10 2:28 PM
raf_269
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't notice this. Good find. Harris was getting handled right there lol. 
11/21/10 2:37 PM
dorf

missed this..
11/21/10 2:41 PM
Mayhem13
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first time I have seen Falcao fight...he was explosive and fast, but seemed a little cheap. holding onto the choke and throwing strikes after the bell in the third. He have any kind of history of doing this stuff? 

I am a Harris fan, and didnt really like seeing him lose that fight... but Miquel looked legit last night
11/21/10 3:02 PM
Mayhem13
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i did watch which was weird, I agree....but regardless he held the choke for too long in the first, theres no arguing that.

I said he looked good, just didnt agree with the choke basically...seemed intentional to me.
11/21/10 3:03 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1063 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unless the time on the screen was wrong
11/21/10 3:07 PM
ec

Edited: 11/21/10 3:07 PM
Mayhem13 -  i did watch which was weird, I agree....but regardless he held the choke for too long in the first, theres no arguing that.

I said he looked good, just didnt agree with the choke basically...seemed intentional to me.

I can see where it'd look that way, but from his point of view, he may have heard the ten second warning and his corner screaming at him and sort of blanked out trying to get that choke in the final seconds. I don't think there was anything dirty about it. Regardless, he's definitely someone to watch. This is what I mean by the athletic commision doing a shitty job--we're discussing whether or not Falcao is dirty when, if they had done their jobs correctly, he would have had a nice first round rear naked choke over a quality opponent in his UFC debut. Sucks for him.

11/21/10 3:09 PM
Mayhem13

Jen The OCaholic Jameson - 
Mayhem13 -  i did watch which was weird, I agree....but regardless he held the choke for too long in the first, theres no arguing that.

That wasent too long Fabers was too long.

yeah Fabers was way too long, but the ref wasnt stopping the fight and there was no tap....that was on the ref.

Falcao continued to hold even as Mirgliatta was trying to pry him off. but yeah there have been worse cases of sub holds, in the UFC  and MMA...
11/21/10 3:16 PM
armbartender
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i replaying it right now, there was about 7-8 seconds left on the clock when they sounded the horn. if it wasnt for that timekeeping error, falcao should have finished it in the 1st. ufc has been iffy lately imo
11/21/10 3:16 PM
ec

Also Miragliotta sort of pulled up on Falcao's shoulders to get him off, which probably only increased pressure on Harris. I donno. I'll side with Falcao not being dirty on this one. Phone Post
11/21/10 3:24 PM
aKaBeasTTT

Now this is a robbery.
11/21/10 3:42 PM
renegade87
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow u can't believe I missed this! Good catch b on that bro. I wish someone would have brought it to dana's attention in the post fight conference. That's a shame. Did anyone else have Wanderlei flashbacks after his first flurry? Phone Post
11/21/10 3:52 PM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They take away the onscreen clock at the last 10 seconds because it isn't synced to the timekeepers clock.
11/21/10 4:46 PM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. I didn't notice that, definately made falcao look bad. Then we had to see the travesty of the third... Phone Post
11/21/10 6:02 PM
torquemada
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Big Dan's style. He does his best to take charge in that cage.
11/21/10 6:32 PM
stevekt
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The time you see on your screen is not official. It is there as a courtesey to the television audience. I doubt it is electronically linked to the official time at all. There's probably a guy in the prodction truck at a character generator panel that hits the timer when the ref gives the signal. It can easily be off by a second or two. That is why the on screen clock fades away the last few seconds of the fight.

When you see the last few seconds of an NBA game they usually have a small window on the screen with an actual shot of the timer on the scoreboard. That is likely linked up with the official time.
11/21/10 6:39 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/10 6:40 PM
michaelc1978 - it also makes Falcao look dirty, which he obviously isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uewhF6r979w
11/21/10 6:40 PM
armbartender
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - The time you see on your screen is not official. It is there as a courtesey to the television audience. I doubt it is electronically linked to the official time at all. There's probably a guy in the prodction truck at a character generator panel that hits the timer when the ref gives the signal. It can easily be off by a second or two. That is why the on screen clock fades away the last few seconds of the fight.

When you see the last few seconds of an NBA game they usually have a small window on the screen with an actual shot of the timer on the scoreboard. That is likely linked up with the official time.

well, even if someone wasn't going by the on screen clock, the ten second warning came in at the 9-10 second mark of the on screen clock, a few seconds later they sounded the horn.
11/21/10 6:41 PM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.