UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tomas Rios mocks Joe Rogan

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/11/14 4:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
robnashville
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rogan's still an asshole in my book for using his industry pull to get Rios nixed from writing for Fighters Only...which he most certainly did...but then didn't even have the balls to stand behind the fact that he did...made another post saying he made it up (at least own your asshole-ishness)...not a fan of Rogan's per se, but lost a whole lot of respect for him back when this happened...
11/11/14 4:11 PM
Richard Tuck
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robnashville - rogan's still an asshole in my book for using his industry pull to get Rios nixed from writing for Fighters Only...which he most certainly did...but then didn't even have the balls to stand behind the fact that he did...made another post saying he made it up (at least own your asshole-ishness)...not a fan of Rogan's per se, but lost a whole lot of respect for him back when this happened...

"
not a fan of Rogan's per se, but lost a whole lot of respect for him back when this happened..."

Oh No, I hope Joe doesn't take this news too hard
11/11/14 4:25 PM
sockeye
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with Vice hating on Rogan lately? .... Where is Shane Smith to regulate his people? Phone Post 3.0
11/11/14 4:35 PM
liukangstoupee
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robnashville - rogan's still an asshole in my book for using his industry pull to get Rios nixed from writing for Fighters Only...which he most certainly did...but then didn't even have the balls to stand behind the fact that he did...made another post saying he made it up (at least own your asshole-ishness)...not a fan of Rogan's per se, but lost a whole lot of respect for him back when this happened...
Fuck no, Joe rogan did the world a favor by putting that piece of shit out of work.

What this world really needs is better journalism. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/14 6:22 PM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - He's a dumb cunt. That's exactly what it's called. Before it was ever the Brazilian kick it was also called a "fake front kick roundhouse kick."

I learned that kick 35 years ago and had never heard it called the brazilian kick. In fact it's the first time I've heard it called that.

It was something like this: "fake front kick roundhouse kick."

And Superfoot Bill Wallace was a master at it.
11/11/14 6:27 PM
Phil999

Kirik -  Who is Tomas Rios? And BTW in the rarly 80s I guess Rogan hit a guy who ended up in my gym so hard with that kick that the guy was advised off head contact, for life. So he needs no lectures, or twieets, on it, and has not for decades.

Wow, he kicked the guy so hard he ended up in your gym?

:)

j/k
11/11/14 6:36 PM
ChaosOverkill
844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/14 6:36 PM
RyannVonDoom - 
Purple Veiny Doom - So Rios is now the editor of Vice Sports..... Phone Post 3.0
He's a piece of shit Phone Post 3.0

All you need to work for Vice now is be an idiot and beak off not caring that no one cares about your idiot views.

11/11/14 7:02 PM
firstrodeo

Joe Rogan - Rios no longer writes for Fighters Only magazine. I got him fired.
First time I've ever done this to a so called mma journalist, but I've had more than enough of these fucking zeros clogging up the sport with their incompetent bullshit.

You wanted my attention, faggot? You got it.

faggot is a hateful word.
11/12/14 3:01 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
505 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomas Rios and Brandon Stroud are low pieces of snarky cunty shit.

Both of them fancy themselves funny guys.

They aren't.

Call them out on not being funny and they fall back on the fact they aren't comics and are "journalists".

Well, then stop acting like every article you write is open mic night or an audition for Cracked.

Both are bitter assholes who think they are clever with pop culture references (nobody is anymore. So stop when covering sports. It's not funny to mention some old band or TV show for no reason) and both HATE Joe.

I think they hate Joe because he is funny and they wish they had his bully pulpit to abuse.

They both angrily chide Rogan's fan base while both preach to their own comment section sycophants while wishing they had half the reach.

I wish Rogan could get Rios fired from life but at least with him being with VICE that's sort of close to a similar effect. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/14 3:38 AM
Purple Veiny Doom
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robnashville - rogan's still an asshole in my book for using his industry pull to get Rios nixed from writing for Fighters Only...which he most certainly did...but then didn't even have the balls to stand behind the fact that he did...made another post saying he made it up (at least own your asshole-ishness)...not a fan of Rogan's per se, but lost a whole lot of respect for him back when this happened...
Have you ever read any of Rios stuff ? Or even followed him on twitter for 10 minutes ?
The guy is a snarky, self righteous cunt. Has he ever trained a day in his life ? Some of the shit he talks about fighters is despicable. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/14 4:52 AM
Megatherium
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
siouxNYC - I'm not going to defend all the statements Tomas has made, 'cause he's made some doozies, but as a fellow MMA writer I have to say he's got skillz. He knows how to write and he knows how to stir shit up, which, when taken together, can make for an interesting combo.

Does he go too far when he shits on fighters? Yeah. Was he wrong when he made that comment about Joe Rogan? Yeah. But what sets him apart from the masses is he can say it with wit and intelligence.
But his writing is so pretentious and overdone... Look at what started this thread. It's indicative off how he writes everything. "pantheon-level cluelessness" ? It's trying to say smart things for the sake of sounding smart and appearing intellectually superior, and it's made worse by the fact that he used that style to insult someone, and made even worse still WHEN HE WAS WRONG. Once you call someone clueless about something that you're in fact wrong about, and try to cover your ass by calling them a homophobe... Sorry, but you're not gonna be earning points in a lot of our minds anytime soon.

And while he did have decent breakdowns from time to time on Sherdog back in the day, they were essentially worthless outside of an interesting read because he was SO frequently wrong about fight outcomes. If he can't even predict a single main card fight correctly for a given event, something us fans do all the time, why should we respect his writing and inflate his already oversized ego? Phone Post

Yeah, I had forgotten about his fight picks. His fight analysis was complete shit and he got damn near every fight wrong week after week. It was crazy Sherdog just let him keep going like that. He became a bit of a laughing stock for his fight 'breakdowns' alone.
11/12/14 9:04 AM
pidgey
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Tomas Phone Post 3.0
11/12/14 9:15 AM
john joe
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robnashville - rogan's still an asshole in my book for using his industry pull to get Rios nixed from writing for Fighters Only...which he most certainly did...but then didn't even have the balls to stand behind the fact that he did...made another post saying he made it up (at least own your asshole-ishness)...not a fan of Rogan's per se, but lost a whole lot of respect for him back when this happened...

rogan didnt get him fired, despite his claims in this thread. I was working for Fighters Only when this all went down. The magazine's owners binned Rios after all the drama was flagged up, then let Rogan know, not the other way round. They are very on-side with the ufc and its figures.

Also he wasnt staff, he was a freelancer who had not actually been published by FO at that point.
11/12/14 9:26 AM
Chest Rockwell
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/14 1:02 PM
Purple Veiny Doom
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe -

rogan didnt get him fired, despite his claims in this thread. I was working for Fighters Only when this all went down. The magazine's owners binned Rios after all the drama was flagged up, then let Rogan know, not the other way round. They are very on-side with the ufc and its figures.

Also he wasnt staff, he was a freelancer who had not actually been published by FO at that point.
From the sauce. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/14 1:36 PM
MMAacademic
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That guy should allow Joe to land a spinning back kick on him. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/14 4:14 PM
firstrodeo

Joe Rogan - 
2cash2quit - I could care less about MMA journalism. I just find it hilarious that you idiots think its cool that rogan has the power to shut somebodies income off.

He did the same thing to mencia. What are you joe, the douche bag police? Just because you're 5'5 doesn't mean you should be shitty to people because they come off as douches.

What are you a fucking power bottom? People fuck with you and publicly humiliate you and you just eat it? I hope you're not raising any boys with that attitude, sir. We've got enough pussies in this country as it is.

To answer your question using the two examples you cited; yes, I think assholes that plagiarize other comic's material and victimize artists should be outed, and yes they shouldn't be allowed to make a living stealing the hard work of others.
Also, yes, I think that shitty journalists that incorrectly criticize commentators and are consistently demeaning and insulting to athletes involved in what I believe is the most honorable and difficult pursuit in all of sports should be removed to make way for the many, many respectful and appreciative writers who are out there that would welcome the opportunity and approach it with respect and due diligence.

but don't you also talk about detaching your ego from situations?
11/13/14 5:24 AM
Purple Veiny Doom

firstrodeo - 
Joe Rogan - 
2cash2quit - I could care less about MMA journalism. I just find it hilarious that you idiots think its cool that rogan has the power to shut somebodies income off.

He did the same thing to mencia. What are you joe, the douche bag police? Just because you're 5'5 doesn't mean you should be shitty to people because they come off as douches.

What are you a fucking power bottom? People fuck with you and publicly humiliate you and you just eat it? I hope you're not raising any boys with that attitude, sir. We've got enough pussies in this country as it is.

To answer your question using the two examples you cited; yes, I think assholes that plagiarize other comic's material and victimize artists should be outed, and yes they shouldn't be allowed to make a living stealing the hard work of others.
Also, yes, I think that shitty journalists that incorrectly criticize commentators and are consistently demeaning and insulting to athletes involved in what I believe is the most honorable and difficult pursuit in all of sports should be removed to make way for the many, many respectful and appreciative writers who are out there that would welcome the opportunity and approach it with respect and due diligence.

11/13/14 5:55 AM
firstrodeo

Purple Veiny Doom - 
firstrodeo - 
Joe Rogan - 

haha, i can't quote Joe directly but I'm sure he's talked about a key to being a better person or successful is to have no ego. if this writer is so low level and ridiculous why take offense or notice to his comments. and if Joe has the fighters interests in mind then why wait until a personal attack to go after him.

being able to walk away from conflict does not make someone a pussy. I'm not siding with either of them but I thought his first sentences of the above quote were kind of a contradiction to past, more thoughtful statements by Joe.
11/13/14 6:45 AM
Jored1990
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never saw this thread or heard of that journalist, but it was weird seeing rogan get into it with people, he's normally pretty laid back or ignores people Phone Post 3.0
11/13/14 6:56 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -  Who is Tomas Rios? And BTW in the rarly 80s I guess Rogan hit a guy who ended up in my gym so hard with that kick that the guy was advised off head contact, for life. So he needs no lectures, or twieets, on it, and has not for decades.
Kiruk u gave me a headache trying to read this Phone Post 3.0
11/13/14 1:39 PM
firstrodeo

SonOfThePeepHole - 
Kirik -  Who is Tomas Rios? And BTW in the rarly 80s I guess Rogan hit a guy who ended up in my gym so hard with that kick that the guy was advised off head contact, for life. So he needs no lectures, or twieets, on it, and has not for decades.
Kiruk u gave me a headache trying to read this Phone Post 3.0

I never have understood why people get knocked out in sparring. seems they are quite the intense sessions if so.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.