UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tomas Rios mocks Joe Rogan

11/22/10 9:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
punchdrunkMMA
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or maybe because you're blatantly trolling this thread and have only been a member here for two weeks?
11/22/10 9:36 PM
toolverine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now that you unleashed the fury on Rios... Will you go back on the Howard Stern show, Joe?

Signed, A Hugger of Nuts
11/22/10 9:37 PM
Joe Rogan
1082 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2cash2quit - I could care less about MMA journalism. I just find it hilarious that you idiots think its cool that rogan has the power to shut somebodies income off.

He did the same thing to mencia. What are you joe, the douche bag police? Just because you're 5'5 doesn't mean you should be shitty to people because they come off as douches.

What are you a fucking power bottom? People fuck with you and publicly humiliate you and you just eat it? I hope you're not raising any boys with that attitude, sir. We've got enough pussies in this country as it is.

To answer your question using the two examples you cited; yes, I think assholes that plagiarize other comic's material and victimize artists should be outed, and yes they shouldn't be allowed to make a living stealing the hard work of others.
Also, yes, I think that shitty journalists that incorrectly criticize commentators and are consistently demeaning and insulting to athletes involved in what I believe is the most honorable and difficult pursuit in all of sports should be removed to make way for the many, many respectful and appreciative writers who are out there that would welcome the opportunity and approach it with respect and due diligence.
11/22/10 9:42 PM
judobill
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan=The Man
11/22/10 9:42 PM
ADAMantium
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well put Joe. Fuckin right!
11/22/10 9:43 PM
the professor of mma

^^this - due diligence is key

there are some of us who cover mma (as an elaborate hobby) who take it very seriously and aren't looking to "make it." It is imperative, especially considering the evolutionary timeline of MMA as a sport, to be professional and do justice to the fighters and organizations we are covering.

Shit, I feel bad if I even make a minor mistake in recording results for a local show.

Integrity.....
11/22/10 9:46 PM
The Destroyer88

2cash2quit - I could care less about MMA journalism. I just find it hilarious that you idiots think its cool that rogan has the power to shut somebodies income off.

He did the same thing to mencia. What are you joe, the douche bag police? Just because you're 5'5 doesn't mean you should be shitty to people because they come off as douches.

What income exactly? He wasn't making anything at Sherdog and if he was making anything at Fighters Only it wasn't much.

If he valued his journalism "career" he should have taken shots at someone who isn't known for sticking up for themselves. Don't fuck with Joe Rogan and he won't fuck with you.
11/22/10 9:50 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/10 9:50 PM
Plunkett

Epic thread is epic Phone Post
robnashville
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just talked with rob hewitt, the publisher of said mag.....
he said:
Really, I knew nothing about it. I know our new editor Steve Beale is a fan of Tomas's writing and has started commisioning work from him. I know nothing about any of this situation nor has Joe been in touch with us at all. Our decisions on who to employ and not to employ is simply that, our decision. I will try and catch up on all the posts.

that said, I don't doubt that Joe pulled some weight and got this done..... but in doing so he basically wiped his ass with Fighters Only's credibility....

being able to do this speaks to Rogan's pull in the industry, actually going ahead and doing it speaks more to his character....
11/22/10 9:51 PM
MrPanda

So glad. Maybe Rios will finally get his act together and not be an asshat.

Doubt it though.
11/22/10 9:52 PM
rcdaniels

Honestly, I thought Rios was a harmless professional troll so I never took him seriously....ESPN has some similar contributors who like to piss people off. CBS Sportsline has Denis Dodd for college football who regularly comes across as a jagoff.

I always though Sherdog put him on the roundtable to stir up conversation and emotions. It sure got attention.

Looks like Rios is still learning where to draw the line b/c these are two good gigs he just go fired from.
11/22/10 9:56 PM
MiddleEasy

I'm with the guy who says you should come back to Howard Stern. Epic thread. RIP Andy Irons. Phone Post
11/22/10 9:57 PM
MrPanda

Looks like Rios is still learning where to draw the line b/c these are two good gigs he just go fired from.

Was he technically even employed by Sherdog? I thought he was a freelance writer or something.
11/22/10 9:58 PM
ADAMantium
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ever get the feeling you're being watched?

This threads hot shit right now...must be a lot of lurkers on here at the moment.
11/22/10 9:59 PM
robnashville
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

more from mr hewitt:

Rob, I can't stop Joe wriiting what he wants to write. I employ editors to recruit the best writers possible for the magazine. Steve has a tremendous amount of experience in magazine editing and must have seen something in Tomas to employ him on a freelance basis. I will need to speak with him in the morning. Its 0253hrs in themorning here and Iam working hard to finalise our awards show. Thanks vry much for bringing this to my attention though and hopeto speak againsoon.
11/22/10 10:01 PM
aKaBeasTTT

GripnRip -
2cash2quit - No joe, I don't go after people and try to get them fired for things they say about me over the internet. Lets be real here, this guy is irrelevant in MMA and all of 15 people probably read his tweets. But you go after him anyways to try to prove a point.

I'm just calling it as I see it

Yah Joe listen you are famous so you need to just take every assholes shit right in your face and don't say a word about it. I'm very offended that you are not a giant manpussy like myself and also have rightful opinions that differ than those with lower income than you. HERP A DERP.

Yeah Joe just sit back and let people talk shit about you and MMA fighters! Don't do shit ok? HERP DERP!!
11/22/10 10:02 PM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only's new editor Steve Beale sounds like a goddamn idiot. Worst hiring decision since Pride took on Jerry Millen
11/22/10 10:04 PM
kerazzle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its not about getting someone fired as much as it is about standing up to someone. Unfortunately, for some bizarre reason, this Rios dude has a voice in mma, and he says some terrible shit about the ppl involved in the sport. He doesn't compete, he isn't a real writer, his insights aren't funny. What you're left with is just some asshole who has the credentials of a journalist, and uses it to basically talk shit about fighters. If you can't cut it then that's that. Anyone who stands up for this dude, please just go to sherdog and read some of his shit. You will switch sides immediately.
11/22/10 10:05 PM
DanteHec
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This epic thread made me stop lurking
11/22/10 10:06 PM
aKaBeasTTT

2cash2quit - Yeah because questioning the name of a kick sure is shit talking.

That's not all he's done troll.
11/22/10 10:07 PM
The Destroyer88

Calling someone clueless who actually has a backround in multiple martial arts is considered shit talking. And when that arm chair warrior turns out to be 200% wrong, he gets whatever is coming to him.
11/22/10 10:08 PM
The Destroyer88

DanteHec - This epic thread made me stop lurking

10ers gonna 10?
11/22/10 10:09 PM
Bing Lao

Rios talked shit about and to several pro fighters as well.. Get your shit straight dummy.
11/22/10 10:10 PM
MrPanda

Have you ever read one of his "articles"? His "articles" make the National Enquirer appear to have the Journalistic Integrity of the Wall Street Journal.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.