UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 123 (Gracie Breakdown)

11/21/10 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FcViwX3YCI

Gracie!
11/21/10 3:37 PM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good job
11/21/10 3:52 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The breakdown of Machida's grappling was informative.
11/21/10 7:55 PM
tough balls
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am loving these breakdowns
11/21/10 7:55 PM
tough balls

ttt
11/21/10 9:18 PM
RocknRolla

great break down...cant wait for them to prove it in the octagon one day
11/21/10 9:48 PM
Friction

I've seen a few of these on Youtube. They do a great job and have fun doing it.
11/21/10 10:36 PM
pcuzz

I thought he was offbase about the standup, but otherwise some good info.
11/21/10 11:14 PM
MuayTy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Iwould have like to seen some of the jj tech's of the joe/sots fight and the davis sub none the less very interesting breakdown Phone Post
11/22/10 2:13 AM
AZ-Grappler
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great breakdown. These guys obviously have so much passion for what they do they can barely contain themselves.

Watching how excited they get talking about BJJ gets me pumped to train. (no homo)
11/22/10 2:39 AM
jkd4200

RocknRolla - great break down...cant wait for them to prove it in the octagon one day

dont know what that means...???

But Royce showed it and proved it in the octogon back in 1993.

And i love those break downs.
11/22/10 7:20 AM
GrayKickass
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, they're excitement is contagious. Really love these videos.
11/22/10 7:22 AM
Dean Demuro
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very cool
11/22/10 8:10 AM
maopitbull

ttt, love it!
11/22/10 12:18 PM
bjjdna
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Colt Seavers - 
Calhoon - lol

There are so many misinformed messages in their conversation about striking.

Agreed. They should have just skipped trying to analyze the Hughes-Penn fight. Someone also needs to tell them that no one was surprised by the KO.

i thought the penn/hughes point was right on the money...
it's not a good idea to "exchange fire power" especially against a bigger stronger dude...great excitment for mma but not a good idea to risk the ko imo
11/22/10 12:20 PM
Kostakio
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait to watch this later. Thanks!
11/22/10 1:04 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/22/10 1:22 PM
mynameisjonas
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Colt Seavers - 
bjjdna - 
Colt Seavers - 
Calhoon - lol

Agreed. They should have just skipped trying to analyze the Hughes-Penn fight. Someone also needs to tell them that no one was surprised by the KO.

it's not a good idea to "exchange fire power" especially against a bigger stronger dude...great excitment for mma but not a good idea to risk the ko imo

Hughes is not bigger and stronger than Penn in the striking dept. And he's not better technically either. Hughes threw a lazy jab and was reaching in instead of stepping in with his chin up in the air and Penn countered with the straight right. They don't know anything about boxing to see that it was great timing by BJ and not some wild exchange like they were making it out to be.

Have you never heard the term "a puncher's chance"? There's always the risk of getting caught when you're in punching range, no matter who you are. See Cro Cop/Gonzaga and Duffee/Russow as examples of better strikers getting KTFO'd in an exchange. They were saying that phase of the game can be completely avoided by using proper distance.
11/22/10 5:47 PM
Cueball B
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/10 5:51 PM
 About the Penn - Hughes breakdown

These guys are right when they say you can try it when you have 14 years of boxing to trade hands. But if you don't, then don't wang with a much bigger and stronger guy. However i would like to add that closing the distance and trying to take that bigger and stronger guy down without any experience in groundfighting whatsoever would be an equally foolish idea. He'll just lie on top of you and destroy you. When you have no training whatsoever, you shouldn't close the distance, but put as much distance between you and your opponent as quickly as possible. If you don't have any other choice than to fight and you can't get away, then kick a bitch in the nuts, and hope that does the trick.

btw: these guys seem really passionate about their art. They deserve several vtfu's

11/22/10 5:59 PM
JonnySak
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa needs to air these on the following ppv. Just need to lay off the "Certified GJJ" stuff.
11/22/10 6:31 PM
Xspur
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2cash2quit -- "What did royce gracie prove again? Last time I checked he got the shit kicked out of him by matt hughes, an American wrestler. Then he through a fit and left the UFC.

Oh but I guess that doesn;t count, because he tapped a bunch of bar brawlers and a C level boxer that was told it was a kickboxing match up until the last 15 minutes."

The Hughes fight was well after MMA had evolved. If you want to talk American wrestlers, I think Gracie tapped out Dan Severn with a triangle? Was he just a bar brawler like you claim? You clearly were not involved with the martial arts community back when Royce was making history. Hughes had the advantage when he fought Gracie because he had learned jj along with other evolvments of MMA.
And lets not forget that MMA is a sport, and does not depict how street self defense encounters will occur. Notice I said street self defense and not street fights? True martial artists do not get in fights, unless it is simply for sport.
I love watching these guys break down the fights, and they are very informative pertaining to the ground aspects. However i think they should limit their discussion of their stand up theories.
11/23/10 7:02 PM
Xspur
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After reading the Rios/Rogan thread I came to realize that 2cash2quit is just an obvious troll is obvious.
carry on.
12/2/10 11:13 AM
mynameisjonas
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/10 11:21 AM
Edit for crap c/p skills.
12/2/10 11:25 AM
mynameisjonas

KevinMcAllister - 
mynameisjonas - 
Colt Seavers - 
bjjdna - 
Colt Seavers - 
Calhoon - lol

Hughes is not bigger and stronger than Penn in the striking dept. And he's not better technically either. Hughes threw a lazy jab and was reaching in instead of stepping in with his chin up in the air and Penn countered with the straight right. They don't know anything about boxing to see that it was great timing by BJ and not some wild exchange like they were making it out to be.

Have you never heard the term "a puncher's chance"? There's always the risk of getting caught when you're in punching range, no matter who you are. See Cro Cop/Gonzaga and Duffee/Russow as examples of better strikers getting KTFO'd in an exchange. They were saying that phase of the game can be completely avoided by using proper distance.

have you ever heard of fighting inside a persons range? mike tyson did it, worked out pretty well.

Just like in the Holyfield and Lewis fights, right? Which are moot in any case because they were Professional Boxing matches, not street self defense situations. What they're saying is why risk getting hit at all? And also it was obviously Hughes who was outgunned standing up, if he would have taken BJ down he may have had more success, avoiding the ko.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.