UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lutter's MMA career in jeopardy

11/23/10 5:40 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Lutter began experiencing neck problems a decade ago when he was dropped on his head in a jiu-jitsu match. He had his first MRI five years ago and has had two more since. “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 4 winner, who has recorded wins over Marvin Eastman, Patrick Cote and Jason MacDonald during his 16-fight career, is battling four bulging discs, bone spurs and, most problematic of all, narrowing of the nerve canals in his neck.

“That’s probably the scariest thing that I’ve got going on. The nerve passages control everything in your body. If they get too squished, you could have atrophy and motor function loss,” Lutter said. “The other thing is those passageways, since they’re narrower, they don’t have to have as much inflammation to cause pain and atrophy and things like that. That’s the thing that makes me the most nervous.”

Doctors have told Lutter he could undergo surgery as a potential fix, but the Dallas resident would rather let the injuries heal on their own.

read entire article...

11/23/10 6:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bootsy Collins
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Career?
11/23/10 7:22 AM
dojo stormer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spinal stenosis is just one of those things that come with age. add the fact lutter has been training for so long, neck problems were always inevitable.

was a great figher but his career is over.
11/23/10 7:38 AM
crazydave
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wished Lutter would work with a top team because the guy could have been a world beater.
11/23/10 8:34 AM
disbeliever
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am right there with him. Best of luck in dealing/treating it
11/23/10 8:49 AM
Fake Rassler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should probably hang it up IMO, no reason to fuck up his neck worse if he isn't going to be serious in the gym. His BJJ is really world class but he blames everything on people around him (coaches, etc.) and goes into fights woefully undertrained. When he couldn't get Sapo down off the first couple of attempts he looked like he wanted to tap out standing.
11/23/10 11:13 AM
Malachy Friedman
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wish for the best
11/23/10 11:15 AM
Eh_J
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect and best of luck to Lutter.  Came the closest before Chael to finishing Anderson in the UFC.
11/23/10 2:55 PM
Ozzimandias
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave - I always wished Lutter would work with a top team because the guy could have been a world beater.

11/23/10 2:59 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2068 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well.....he IS the Michael Jordan of BJJ.....no one will ever be able to take that away.
11/23/10 3:02 PM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now is as good a time as any to start worrying about your MMA career I guess...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.