UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Tell me about boxers.

11/23/10 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TairyHesticles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thegf and are thinking of getting a dog, she really likes boxers and I've been around them a bit.

What should I look for in a dog and a breeder?
11/28/10 9:39 PM
Roy Batty
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to a shelter. Find a healthy adult who's calmed down a bit. There are tons of Boxer rescues, because they're a hard dog to own; HIGH energy and they're slow to outgrow puppy behavior like jumping on people.
11/29/10 11:36 AM
Bitters
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its like a bigger version of my boston, which is terrifying :p
11/30/10 11:55 AM
MBeamer32

Boxers are very friendly (most of the time) and full of energy. If you get one, you GOTTA walk it once, maybe twice a day. They need exercise or else they might take out their energy on your belongings while you're at work.
12/21/10 10:17 AM
bodookie50
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my boxer as a pupy 2 years ago. They hilarious and so full of personality. They fart a alot, snore and love to lay with you. I barely had to train mine. I dont need a leash and and heloves everyone. They love people and i take him everywhere. The ONLY negative thing I can tell you is you had better be pretty active from ages 1-2. I run mine 3 miles and then take him to the dog park and he still wants to party. Hes the best though. My first boxer and I dont think id ever go to another dog.
9/23/11 4:10 PM
Captn Woodys Sistah

My brother has a boxer and she is wonderful! I do know that they can be prone to hip displasia. She's a doll though and is super good with kids!
7/2/12 1:19 PM
Daverr

I got a boxer pit mix,

does get the energy from the boxer i think, I walk him 3 times a day at least. Very stubborn as well, think thats a bully and boxer thing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.