UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Swick laughs his FAO at Shamrock's anti-bully camp

11/23/10 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JT42382
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC Quick Quote: Mike Swick is amused at the irony of Frank Shamrock's anti-bullying campaign

Tapout_400x300b_tiny by Fernando Quiles Jr.

"ARE YOU KIDDING FRANK SHAMROCK!?!? I have seen it all now! I usually keep my mouth shut and stay far away from any controversy or disputes with other fighters but this is too much. Frank Shamrock started a foundation to fight bullies because he was cyber-bullied? ... OMG thats ironic considering he was the biggest bully at our gym until we had to split him from our team."

UFC welterweight Mike Swick isn't buying into Frank Shamrock's anti-bullying campaign. Swick expressed his true feelings towards the former UFC light heavyweight and Strikeforce middleweight champion through his Facebook (via Fighters Only). The Ultimate Fighter Season 1 cast member claims "The Legend's" attitude at American Kickboxing Academy led to his dismissal from the camp. What do you say, Maniacs? Do you support Shamrock's effort to reduce bullying? Or does "The Legend" need to look in the mirror before making strides to stop this issue?

11/23/10 7:02 PM
jittaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
11/23/10 7:05 PM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank vs Swick at 185 :),
11/23/10 7:06 PM
naderhood
793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The Legend" is trying to tap into the anti-bully angst thats currently choking America to make a buck or two. Its all about the money.
11/23/10 7:15 PM
Chomas
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank is one of the fakest cats in MMA hands down.  As soon as he opens his mouth, the douchechills start kicking in and I have to sit down.
11/23/10 7:21 PM
JT42382
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy - Who is Mike Swick?

ur kidding right?
11/23/10 7:30 PM
Magic8

JT42382 - 

ur kidding right?

are you kidding?
11/23/10 7:30 PM
Magic8

Frank was kicked out of AKA?   Never heard that before.
11/23/10 7:40 PM
buddie
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you followed the sport when Frank was champion in the UFC, you know how important he really was to this sport. It may not have survived without him. He was the biggest star the UFC had during the "dark days" and he doesn't get anywhere near the level of respect he deserves for his achievements. I think it is great he's trying to give to the community by doing something positive. For the sake of argument, let's just say everything Swick says is true, so what does that mean? He should never try to help others avoid the same mistakes?
11/23/10 7:40 PM
JT42382

Magic8 - 
JT42382 - 

ur kidding right?

are you kidding?
ye-no

11/23/10 8:02 PM
Magic8

buddie - If you followed the sport when Frank was champion in the UFC, you know how important he really was to this sport. It may not have survived without him. He was the biggest star the UFC had during the "dark days" and he doesn't get anywhere near the level of respect he deserves for his achievements. I think it is great he's trying to give to the community by doing something positive. For the sake of argument, let's just say everything Swick says is true, so what does that mean? He should never try to help others avoid the same mistakes?

11/23/10 8:05 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

22 Nov 2010 15:55:25 PM

Frank Shamrock Started a Charity Because He Was Made A Victim of Cyber Bullying... BY DANA WHITE LAST MONTH!!

(Video courtesy YouTube/TheFrankShamrock)

Before you ask, the video above is not a leaked sketch from next month's MMA Awards. Frank Shamrock really started an anti-bullying organization after some trolls on the Internet hurt his 37-year-old feelings recently. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning bullying in any way shape or form. I used to work doing PR for an anti-bullying program that is recognized as part of grade school curriculums. I just think this thing reeks of being opportunistic. Maybe Frank saw the attention that Daniel Puder's anti-bullying crusade has gotten him and decided to hop on the bus.

11/23/10 8:50 PM
Chomas
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite part about Frank Shamrock is how he says over and over in interviews that he doesn't even like to watch MMA.  Then the fake fuck sees a $ opportunity with Strikeforce and he jumps on the bandwagon. 

Nope. 

The real fans know the truth.  You never liked the sport Frankels, nothing wrong with that in and of itself.  But to act like you are an ambassador of the sport is comical.  Almost as comical as those stupid fucking braces on a grown ass man.

BLAF has the guy pegged, and so do most of the fans.
11/23/10 9:41 PM
Peckerwood

Frank is a walking contradiction...

I beleive Swick 100% and Mike seems like a solid genuine guy.

Frank Shamrock v Hector Lombard needs to happen.
11/23/10 9:43 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swickatined
11/24/10 12:28 AM
theppfftt
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/10 12:30 AM
wow...if that's true and i do believe Swick cause i think he is an honorable man,this stuff about Frank doing intentional harm to others at AKA is very surprising and goes completely against everything Frank says..
11/24/10 1:28 AM
AceAtGSU
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see Swick unleash a flurry of punches to Franks face. I liked watching Frank and Ken fight, but am tired of their interviews and the stuff they say and do.
11/24/10 1:31 AM
rockwell
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who gives a fuck what Swick thinks?

Shammy is a legend. Swick is a decent 2nd tier fighter.
11/24/10 1:55 AM
nogoamigo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Completely unclassy for Swick to post this garbage, whether or not it is true. Even if Frank was once a bully, I don't see how him starting a campaign to stop bulliyng is bad.
11/24/10 2:09 AM
AceAtGSU
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogoamigo - Completely unclassy for Swick to post this garbage, whether or not it is true. Even if Frank was once a bully, I don't see how him starting a campaign to stop bulliyng is bad.

If it is coming from a hypocritical place just to make money, and in his real life he is in fact a bully, that's how it is bad.
11/24/10 2:12 AM
AceAtGSU

Also we have to looked at Swick's character. It is not like it is Josh Koscheck calling someone out, who is constantly a drama starter. Swick rarely says anything out of the way, aside from the run of the mill fight promoting every guy does. So if he decides to voice his opinion, I am inclined to listen.
11/24/10 2:28 AM
BzGrappla

Edited: 11/24/10 3:08 AM
fan of both
11/24/10 2:35 AM
Rickson's Aura
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember seeing a video in late 2002 with a young Mike Swick being thankful of the opportunity to train with Frank Shamrock. Things and feelings change I guess. I don't know what went on in the gym. Frank Shamrock is still a MMA pioneer and legend though. You can't take that away from him.
11/24/10 2:41 AM
JerodR
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Shamrock was a bully, then the best thing he could do is to come forward with the statement that he himself used to be a bully and that it was wrong. Not only would Shamrock be setting a good example for other bullies to turn over a new leaf, but he would be saving face for himself as well. Just ignoring the fact and trying to do a good thing unfortunately are just not enough because regardless of his intentions it will just make him look fake. There is really no reason for Swick to make something like that up.
11/24/10 3:24 AM
DanTheWolfman

My Mom was in Chicago this weekend and went to Conan taping, and Frank was on! Has this aired yet?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.