UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Instructor Fraud Alert

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/23/10 8:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
marco89
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please be informed that Dave Franklin is falsely claiming to be under the instruction of the Wolfpack Team Sarasota. He is in no way affiliated with or has earned any rankings through the Wolfpack Team. The Wolfpack Bjj Team will not be associated with Dave Franklin nor support his false claims. This is his website (http://www.mmafightspace.com/MajorHavoc)
11/23/10 9:54 PM
Momentum
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have nothing against Dave but he also has me listed as his trainer and I am NOT his trainer. He has been a student of mine in the past. I actually talked to him the other day about correcting his site listing me as his trainer. I don't want anyone to misrepresent what I am doing for them.

I am not calling Dave a fraud but I am not his current trainer. That being said, I wish him and any other past students the best. These days I am pretty much retired but enjoy training with some of the Wolfpack guys and some other past students from time to time. I wanted to make a special thanks to Professor Dos Anjos and the other guys at the Wolfpack for letting me train with them. I even occassionally teach a class when no one else shows up :)
11/24/10 9:51 PM
RODRIBS
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/10 9:53 PM
 Is he for real or is he trolling? I know he had a bad falling out with other guys in the area.

On a side note SRQ (plus Englewood:) has AMAZING talent for such a small community! 6 or 7 Black Belts, a few great schools, pro MMAers. Gi and no gi world champs, you name it, SRQ has it. 

Gordon, its grown A LOT since the old Boys and Girls Club and Palm Island Martial Arts! (Damn I feel old) 

Marco, do I know you? 
11/25/10 1:28 PM
Momentum
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike, definitely a lot has changed from the early days when only a few of us did this crazy stuff. It was fun to be a part of it growing in Sarasota and around Florida. I am not sure what is up with Dave, especially his bio. 25-1 in streetfights with times of multiple attackers is a bit hard to accept as reality for anyone. I am proud to say the my streetfight record is 0-0. I plan to keep running my life in a manner to protect that record. I hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. BTW, I need to talk to you about Drysdale.

Gordon
11/26/10 4:15 AM
brawlinbarrister

Marc, are you the BB I met at the Worlds.  I was part of the Fighters Alley/Gracie Melbourne crew.
11/26/10 3:01 PM
Brasco

In sarasota til sunday/monday.....are you here Mike ??? Where could I go train alittle saturday ??? SRQ ??? I am actually in venice...text me bud

James Brasco
11/26/10 4:03 PM
Tom Lawlor
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brasco - In sarasota til sunday/monday.....are you here Mike ??? Where could I go train alittle saturday ??? SRQ ??? I am actually in venice...text me bud

James Brasco
I love when people who have each other's #'s come online and tell the other person to text them=)

hope you find someplace James

11/26/10 6:01 PM
RODRIBS
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brasco, Im in Orlando but some good guys are down there for the weekend.  Ill get you guys all in touch with each other.
11/26/10 11:33 PM
Momentum

Brasco,

I know a bunch of the upper belts are doing an open mat training at 10 Saturday morning. The school is right off of State Road 64 nad I-75(probably 30 minutes from Venice). Call or text me on my cell if you want to go and I will hook it up. My cell is 941-704-5333.

Gordon Hester

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.